Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if a person kills someone then they should be charged with murder no matter if they are Doctor a Cop or a Nuke Power Plant. I wonder how many New Yorkers from 3 mile Island will join your fight to Nuke North America and the world.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
I wonder how many New Yorkers from 3 mile Island will join your fight to Nuke North America and the world.

I'm sooooo glad this discussion is relying on logic based arguments and not devolving into silly emotional tripe. :lol:

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
I wonder how many New Yorkers from 3 mile Island will join your fight to Nuke North America and the world.

I'm willing to bet that ZERO New Yorkers from Three Mile Island will join our fight - primarily because Three Mile Island isn't in New York :P

Perhaps you should learn a little bit about Three Mile Island before you cite it as an example :)

Of course, you probably already knew that there were no deaths or injuries as a result of Three Mile Island.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
I never said anything about test plants or research!

But wouldn't a research plant be just as dangerous? After all, man has never built anything perfect; because nuke is so dangerous, why would you allow people to play with it? Your logic is not standing up here.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
I think if a person kills someone then they should be charged with murder no matter if they are Doctor a Cop or a Nuke Power Plant. I wonder how many New Yorkers from 3 mile Island will join your fight to Nuke North America and the world.

There were exactly zero casualties at Three mile Island. I think once people realized that the air would be cleaner, and there would be more cheap power available, they would be happy to have more nuke plants.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
After all, man has never built anything perfect; because nuke is so dangerous, why would you allow people to play with it?

What percentage of France's electricity is supplied by nuclear generation? 75%? Yup... absolutely unsafe. If we started using more nuclear power generation here, we might all turn into cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys.

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the newer generation of nuke plants, and the planned ones, could actually use the spent fuel left over from previous generations of nuke plants. The best chance to clean up the mess we made in the early days of nuclear is mature nuclear technology. Imagine building a plant that could consume the massive tailings piles just sitting in Northern Sask.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: