Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who are you picking?
Ottawa
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
The West
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your confusing me with someone else. I predicted that Ottawa would be there except I expected a Red Wings Stanley Cup victory in five over Ottawa. To be honest the East is a weak conference compared to the west. And BTW despite the fact I fully expect Emery to choke I'm cheering for the Sens.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so what you are saying is, it is time to panic. I think you are bit premature on that call.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was pathetic. They are playing like Vancouver did in the second round, except they do not have an excuse, and they have more talent. Now might be the time to panic.

Ottawa is playing like Anaheim, 25 or 20 minutes per game, and expecting it to be handed to them. Only works for one of the teams trying it though.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I didn't miss anything by going to the track and running a few laps? Good.

-Mac
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Well, that was pathetic.

Ottawa played just fine, except for the Alfredsson line which has been checked into oblivion.

The Ducks are a bigger and better team. Except for their power play, they seem to have no weaknesses. Their offense is not extraordinary, but it gets the job done.

I am picking the Ducks in five. It looks like Ottawa will have to wait another year.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Ducks are bigger slower team. It is like Ottawa thinks they have already won it, and don't need to play the games. Alfredsson has stopped checking, that is part of the problem. Last night on the goal, he had a chance to hit the guy coming in, and didn't, didn't try to back check or anything. They have not even shown up yet for this series.

People talk a line of crap about "there are more Canadians on the Anaheim team". Total bull, from people in my opinion, who know nothing. How many of those "Canadians" on Anaheim have even set foot in this country in the last 10 years when they weren't playing a road game?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pronger elbows his way to a cup, I will be pissed. I cannot stand those dirty players. Ever notice how guys like Niedermayer hit just as hard, but no one is ever carried off the ice? I never could stand Stevens, and Pronger is the same kind of dirty hitter. Guys who hit clean, the injuries around them are rare. Selanne deserves a cup, and I always liked the way he plays, but not playing on a dirty head hunting team like Anaheim.

Rob Niedermayer, he hits hard and often. How many guys have to leave a game after he elbows them in the head? None, from what I have seen, and he is a very effective and dangerous player. They should actually suspend Pronger for the rest of the series, 4 games. He had his warning on the dirty Holmstrom hit, now it is time to send a message.

You know that the coaching staff approves of this kind of play too. A message needs to be sent to more people than Pronger. Anyone still cheering for the Mighty Elbows to the Head?

PS. If it happens again, I would say that the solution is to bring up some no real NHL future guy from the AHL for a special mission on Giguere. Let Anaheim die by the sword they like to live by. Fight fire with fire.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the Senators picked it up... and you're right about Pronger. It would serve him (and the Ducks) right to lose him for a game or three.

-Mac
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Ottawa pull out a victory, however Emry was shaky in the first half of the game, lets hope his second half goaltending prevails in the next three games.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His game 2 performance was not too shabby either. Anyone noticed how Emery is putting up better goal tending numbers than Giguere? Anyone notice how Ottawa's second third and fourth lines that are not that good are posting numbers? In the grand scheme of things, seems that it is an advantage to be under rated.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a summary of some of the crap I have heard about Ottawa and Anaheim.

1. Emery is not that good. It is only luck that he has beat Brodeur and Miller, who are much much much better.
  2. Their second third and fourth lines are just OK, not great. Anaheim's second and third lines are unbeatable.
  3. No European captain has ever won. So now we know that nothing that has not happened in the world up till now, never can.
  4. They don't have the heart.
  5. Anaheim is too big and strong.
  6. Anaheim is fast, Ottawa cannot keep up.
  7. Pronger is not a slow cheap shot artist.
  8. The West is better, I don't know why they even bother playing the games.

It is not over yet, but I so want Ottawa to win this. Pronger has no honour, he does not deserve a cup after the elbowing if 2 different series now. Anaheim has no honour, because they let this guy play on the team. I really hope that uncalled elbow sparks some serious desire and stirs up the sand of Ottawa. Even better is if Pronger is not suspended, and it get Ottawa down right angry. Justice denied can be a great motivator.

PS. Forgot one. Ottawa is a one line team is another one I keep hearing. Hopefully, the Anaheim defense believes that one and ignores everyone except the top Ottawa line.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pronger only got one game. In my opinion, no message was sent. He will be back to throwing elbows at the heads of faster more skilled players in game 5 or 6. Maybe one time, he might even get that game misconduct that he so richly deserves.
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you like Brian Burke's attempt at a smoke screen?

Personally, I think it would have been more appropriate to give Pronger a minimum 1 game suspension AND further if McAmmond misses any games.

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to think that Burke is the one causing all the goonery. He is the one who brought Bertuzzi to Vancouver. He is the one who brought Pronger to Anaheim. If the whole corporate culture from the GM on down is "elbows to the head are OK", then we will definitely be seeing more of them.

Hopefully Ottawa's greater speed and skill will get them through it.

PS. That is a great idea. If you put someone out with a dirty hit, you should not be able to play again until they do. I also think you could go further, make it a team punishment. The team of the guy you injured, maybe they should get to pick who has to sit. Not much of a penalty if some goon with 3 career goals takes out say Alfredsson. If Ottawa could instead make Giguere sit the suspension, well that is a much stiffer penalty now isn't it? Or maybe you have to play short handed for the entire suspension?
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Games to One folks, Anaheim is on the verge of victory as a I expected, hopefully Ottawa can make a series if not comback & win the cup. Unfortunately I see this series going no more then six games, two strikes now, one more strike & Canada is out at the plate.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: