Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that you are surporting my vision of New And modern plants and processes that can produce our needs with a fraction of the polution from the plants used to gen power or blast furnaces for iron and steel production. The new proven processes are clean with equal quality and cost advantages !
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
As far as putting money in I think that we should be easily ablle to expect at least what the governments have done for oil and gas, auto or aviation areo industries. If it is good fo the goose it is good fo the gander !

You are making the false assumption that I support government financial aid to the auto, aviation, and oil and gas industries. I don't.

I think business taxes should be lowered in general. IF we are to support any specific industries it should be advanced industries. Let Mexico build cars. Let China make steel. Let Canadians build software and cure diseases. We should strive to become an advanced nation rather than producers of water and steel. If we can produce raw materials on their own merit than fine. But advocating government funding for antiquated industries is silly. I don't support farm subsidies either for the same reason.

I see you think that only what you believe are what you call advanced industries and you quote medical and computer software. Funny you should point to two areas that India does extreamly well in. Seeing as acording to you these are the only so called advanced industries it looks like we in the west are in big trouble with you at the wheel!
And just how did you come to the concusion that steel and Auto are antiqated industries? Please explain as I do not agree with your statement !
Knave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Party is Over
Jordan Michael Smith - Western Standard
Monday, 18 June 2007

It's been 20 years since the landmark Western Assembly took place in Vancouver, setting in motion forces that would soon give birth to the Reform Party of Canada. Fast-forward to May 12 of this year, and the hopeful organizers of a breakfast meeting at Martha's Table restaurant in Kingston, Ont., were clearly counting on their more modest gathering to spark a similar result: the establishment of the Reform party, version 2.

"We're just angry, concerned taxpayers here, and this is a grassroots revolt," says Anthony Silvestro, the group's spokesperson. Angry, yes--at the "Liberal-lite" direction of Stephen Harper's Conservative government. And grassroots, certainly--especially considering the complainers' relative obscurity. But hardly a revolt--unless, that is, one counts six armchair critics, kibitzing in a room built for 30, as evidence of significant political unrest.

<clip>

Rest of the article; http://www.westernstandard.ca/.....le_id=2606
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
I see you think that only what you believe are what you call advanced industries and you quote medical and computer software. Funny you should point to two areas that India does extreamly well in.

I said Mexico not India. India and China are both quickly becoming advanced nations. Medicine and computer software are not Mexico's forte. Building cars is.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

Jump to: