Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would suggest that you guys in Ontario consider finnishing the James Bay they are o emishions hydro power plants

0 emissions but not without environmental consequences (flooding land, disrupting habitats) and nobody wants to tell all those native reserves that they have to move.

Besides, a James Bay project would help, but it would still come nowhere close to solving all of Ontario's problems.

The only answer right now is nuclear.
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other option is no clean air to breath and all that is coming along with that, like the climates change. I think between giving up a little land and living I am shore that they will agree to living or should I say surviving. I would think that the Natives will be taken care of and they should be the ones investing in the hydro projects. Not to mention all the jobs building and operating them. The Natives have the most to gain actually !
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you say that operating a nuke bomb is the only option for Ontario?
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someone can show those people at Ont Hydro down in Toronto how co generation works, all those coal fired power plants should be converted to co generation plants.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:

It works for the sun.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bad that we do not work on the Sun !
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
To bad that we do not work on the Sun !

Yeah lets collapse the sun while we are at it & see if a pulsar or a blackhole forms. Of course we better do it quick because in nine minutes....
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I just refuse to buy into this -- 'Oh, we're going to have to conform, we've got to move to the left, we've got to pander to Quebec,' " he said in an interview. "I'm sick and tired of Quebec, if you want to know the truth."

For him, the Doan affair was the last straw. The complaint? Conservative MPs supported a Bloc Quebecois motion earlier this month demanding Hockey Canada officials appear before a Commons committee to defend the choice of Doan as Team Canada captain.

"That was the most disgusting display of politics I have ever seen in my life," Silvestro said. "After what they did, I went 'That's it. You clowns have pandered to Quebec for the last time for me.' "

Tory policies anger grassroots conservatives
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Its the only zero emission technology available right now with the capacity to fully meet the energy needs of Ontario.

Wind/solar will never make up more than 15% of supply and they are unreliable (what do you do when the wind isn't blowing or during the dark winter months when we only have less than 8 hours of sunlight).

Hydro power is great but it too is limited by geographical, environmental and "not in my backyard" concerns.

FYI: Coal plant co-generation would be great however why spend millions on such a project when the government plans to close them by 2012? Clean coal is a better choice, however, those systems won't be available until around 2020.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter that the US navy has been operating reactors for 3 or 4 decades now without incident. Does not matter that the same holds true for the French and British navies. Does not matter that there has never been a nuclear accident on Canadian soil, Japanese soil, many other places that use nuke power, those things are "bombs", they are dangerous! Why 20 years ago there was a nuclear accident in Russia! Do you think it has got any safer?
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus not ownly has man not bult a perfect machine to date, we can not garrentee what will be happening with the other bombs from them. These have a life of 1000 years or more, their waste. We can say what we are doing but not what will happen 100 years from now.

Have you ever seen any of the movies about the Nuke accidents at the end they always remind you that all of the people who you see and all of those involved in making the movies are all dead. You do know what killed all of them doen't you !
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Plus not ownly has man not bult a perfect machine to date, we can not garrentee what will be happening with the other bombs from them. These have a life of 1000 years or more, their waste. We can say what we are doing but not what will happen 100 years from now.

Have you ever seen any of the movies about the Nuke accidents at the end they always remind you that all of the people who you see and all of those involved in making the movies are all dead. You do know what killed all of them doen't you !

You do realize kwlafayette was being sarcastic right? Who cares about the waste. In 50 years we can build container ships filled with the waste and fire them into the sun.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get back to me in Fifty years when that has been proven, forget about nukes untill then !
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really read up on nukes and get some unbiased info; don't believe crap you see in movies.

For example, Canada and South Korea have jointly created the technology to retro-fit Canadian CANDU reactors to actually run off the radioactive waste from other reactor designs!

Not only does this reduce the overall waste by re-using it, but the retro-fit CANDUs will actually decrease radioactivity of the was to the point where it will become safe after 100 years!
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it is proven that we will not be killed by any Nuke waste the same day it is producted get back to me, untill then keep the nukes out of here !

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: