Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Ways to Encourage Adoption over Abortion Reply with quote

110,000 abortions in Canada per year. Is there anyway to reduce this number.

Some ideas I have:
A law mandating counseling before an abortion.
Payments to girls so they will have the baby and not abort them.

The reason I am asking is I have adopted a little boy. He's 3 now and he is amazing. The birth Mom almost aborted him but heard from a friend that we wanted a child. We had been told we could not have kids(tried invitro - no luck, my wifes tubes were blocked). We wanted to adopted another baby but 1 and a half years after we adopted our son we got pregnant. Now we have 2 boys.

I see my boys and just can't believe how tragic it is that 110,000 beatiful babies like my boys are aborted each year and not given the chance to live.

His birth mom is a hero to me. She was so brave. It's too bad we couldn't do something to encourage women to make the best choice, which is to let the baby live.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with a law mandating counseling is who is doing the counseling? If it is fair and balanced then I would be in favor, however I know that the phone numbers in Canada and America which are run by anti-abortion groups will often lie to people (ie telling the women that having a baby is less dangerous than it is and having an abortion is more dangerous, using emotion over reasoning to convince the women).
As long as the people doing the counseling had at least a masters or phd in Psychology or were a Psychiatrist and they were forced to be neutral rather than either pro or con and they did not pressure the people THEN I might be in favor.

As to payments, you are basically asking to buy them off, if they are not going to keep the baby why do they deserve money…. I guess it could work.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A professional could have Government approved talking points as a guide to what they could say and not say.

Quote:
As long as the people doing the counseling had at least a masters or phd in Psychology or were a Psychiatrist

You must have a lot of faith in these people. I don't. Our birth Mom fought with her Psycoligist tooth and nail because the psycoligist wanted her to keep the baby. Then the baby came a week early and she hadn't finalized her work, meaning we couldn't take the baby home with us. Our birth mom started screaming at her that she wanted the baby to go home with us, but our son had to spend 3 days in foster care.
Then she sent us our bill $4000(we had to pay for the psycoligist). The day after we got the bill she called us and asked if we could pay her today as she was going on hoildays for 2 weeks.

Just because you have amasters or a PHD does not make you a rational or caring or intuitive human being.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should definately support more adoption...although I am pro-choice (even though my views on the subject are very very very odd) I believe that abortion should be a last resort...It has to be hard for a mother to give up a child, though...The question is, how to get more adoptions and less abortions...

erl
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People would have to be adults first. It is pretty clear, has been for some time, that we have crafted ourselves a fine society of middle aged children.
jw

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving men the right to raise children they father would have a downward effect on the abortion numbers. Even if the only right was to tell the woman that the father can raise the baby if she wants to carry it through would lower our abortion numbers. Unfortunately, all of the power blocks stand opposed to giving mere males specific rights in reproductive law; even the Conservatives oppose giving males reproductive rights.

I think the biggest thing we could do to lessen our abortion problem would be to increase the number of PEOPLE on birth control. That means spending money on the male birth control methods. The IVD should be on the market in four or five years; even there some small amounts of money would make a huge difference, (IVD = Intra Vas Device. It is an easily reversible vasectomy.). The two male-birth-control pills in human testing are floundering as there is so very little money available.

Just saying we will be fair to males would make a huge difference in lowering the abortion numbers.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does anyone think the government can solve this problem anyway? Contrary to majority opinion, the government does not have a role to play in every aspect of our lives from before birth till after death.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Why does anyone think the government can solve this problem anyway? Contrary to majority opinion, the government does not have a role to play in every aspect of our lives from before birth till after death.

AMEN!! Nearly every time the government gets involved the result is disaster. The most effective proven manner in which to reduce abortions, is to require an ultrasound be given to the mother before she slaughters her child. Upward to 90% or more of these mothers will not go through with it after they see that they are about to end a human life. Whether you believe in the right to choose to kill a baby is irrelevant on this topic. No one can refute the fact that an abortion ends a life. For if the abortion was not performed, there would be a life born into this world with extremely few exceptions. The only reason abortion has become so common is that mothers are lied to about the baby inside them. Clinics try and convince them that their child is a useless collection of cells. Once the ultrasound is performed, that argument is shattered.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is about to quote an edge case to you, and say that because in 1% or less of cases this happens, abortion should be legal.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Someone is about to quote an edge case to you, and say that because in 1% or less of cases this happens, abortion should be legal.

:roll: Yes, they will. The 'science' of liberalism never ceases to spit in the face of reality...
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

The government has one very important role to play in our lives. To protect us from being killed by others.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:

The government has one very important role to play in our lives. To protect us from being killed by others.

You have 666 posts with this one Craig. Is there something you want to tell us!

Jump to: