Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reform

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Election in the United Kingdom Reply with quote

Today the BBC mentioned that the possiblilty that the new SNP government may have to face Scots again because of the failiure of Alex Salmond to elect a MSP to be the First Minister and the possibility of the Scottish Labour Party filing suit against the results of certain results due to a complicated ballot because of the fact Scots elected their local councillors in a FPTP fashion and then they used a preferential ballot to elect their MSP all on the same piece of paper.
The other thing to note from this election is that in England, the Conservatives under David Cameron made significant ground on the local council election, to the tune of gaining another 898 Conservative councillors and the control of another 163 councils. Here's hoping that David Cameron and Stephen Harper meet as Prime Ministers.
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6629093.stm[/url][/url]
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical leftist politics... If they don't win, they run crying to the courts, hoping to have the election overturned. Does this mean Allan Wilson will become an Environmental Guru like the Goreacle?

-Mac
Reform

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Second that Reply with quote

It is typical to the left to go cry to the courts if they don't win the election, (Red Book, 1993) but when I went to the United Kingdom, I saw a mirror image of what I want Canada to be, with a few alterations. butht the big thing that was reveled in the election is the dominance of the Conservatives in England. At the same time, if there was problems with the understanding of the ballot, they should commence a new campaign to make sure that the voice of all the people can be heard
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the Conservatives are well on their way to controlling all parts of Britain. I just wish I had the same optimism of David Cameron as some of you.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really know much about British conservatism...is it the same/close to the same/not at all the same as Canadian style conservatism?...

erl
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current Conservative party in Britain seems a fair bit more protectionist / isolationist than I'd like. Their economic and criminal justice policies seem okay.

Jump to: