Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: illegal activities Reply with quote

"* Discussion of* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Discussion of these topics as policy matters or in the political context is allowed."

I would just like 2 point out that slavery and the holocault were legal.
That Iraq and the V tech murders were legal until they happned and people choose otherwise.......
That legal is BS bc it can be used to support whoever you want
If you were a NAZI during ww2 then you would not be breaking the law......
SO F THE LAW!
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: illegal activities Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
"* Discussion of* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Discussion of these topics as policy matters or in the political context is allowed."

I would just like 2 point out that slavery and the holocault were legal.
That Iraq and the V tech murders were legal until they happned and people choose otherwise.......
That legal is BS bc it can be used to support whoever you want
If you were a NAZI during ww2 then you would not be breaking the law......
SO F THE LAW!

Uh... ok?
Legal in these forums is what is legal in Canada... basically; don't be selling bootlegged copies of movies/music in here. Read the last line for clarification.
Luke-fu

Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9Reputation: 5.9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell a troll, but I'm going to answer anyway. Gotta do something until the laundry's done.

You have cited examples where following the law was unjust. This is not an argument for the abolishion of law, since their actions were still a matter of choice.

To even begin make your point, you would have to cite examples where breaking the law is morally just. For example, when freeing slaves counted as theft. Or when it was illegal to harbour Jews in Nazi Germany. These are cases where breaking the law was ethical.

Even so, I fail to see how you equate genocide with intellectual property violations.

Furthermore, citing a few unjust laws in our history does not validate the violation of every law in existance. Many of those laws do important things, like keep people from killing you, or stealing everything you own while you're not looking, or keep the bank from draining your account just because you fee like it.

Of course, I'm sure if someone violated your legal rights, you would not complain, since apparently you have no respect for the law anyway.
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rule is to prevent people from posting information on how to circumvent copy protection, or to prevent people from organizing to commit a crime etc.

It covers us legally.

Of course, you can discuss events, legal or otherwise... just don't use these forums in your efforts to break the law.

Jump to: