Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: 100 Leopard 2's Reply with quote

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/n.....sp?id=2252

this is great news!
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad the CPC is in power to do something about this.

How many pilots died because of the ancient Sea-King helicopters we had. The Libs did nothing. The Tories are getting new tanks before our boys are killed in these ovens.

Harper and the CPC make me proud to be Canadian.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll get 20 air-conditioned one from Germany on loan for this summer and the current fleet of CF Leopards will retire for good
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is great debate in the world about the the very best MBT. A lot of people say it is the leopard 2, others counter that it has never been battle tested, only the Challenger 2 and and Abrams have been. I guess we will be finding out, and I am hoping that the answer is the affirmative.
Guelphfirst

Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tanks are a great addition to the CF, but had the LPC not sold off our helicopters back in the 1990's we would be flying to places in Afganistan, not using four hour convoys. Convoys that get attacked...and Canadians die needlessly
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
There is great debate in the world about the the very best MBT. A lot of people say it is the leopard 2, others counter that it has never been battle tested, only the Challenger 2 and and Abrams have been. I guess we will be finding out, and I am hoping that the answer is the affirmative.

Challenger has a steady great track record of being the best MBT of the world and their products have been proving this since mid 1970s.

I personally don't like American tanks for their poor record but M1A2 is way better than German's Leopard 2 or French's Leclerc MBTs for that metter
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our troops have already trained with Leopards. I do not know if it would be hard to change over to new tanks but in the middle of a mission does not seem to time to do it.
That being said I do not really know enough abour armour to make a good point here! ;)
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:

Challenger has a steady great track record of being the best MBT of the world and their products have been proving this since mid 1970s.

I personally don't like American tanks for their poor record but M1A2 is way better than German's Leopard 2 or French's Leclerc MBTs for that metter

Their capabilities are fantastic, and they have the best weapons and electronics platforms in the game(as if the U.S. would have it any other way).

But they do have a poor record for Maintenance.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidently, I went to the war museum again on thursday(It's becoming a pretty regular visit for me these days). Standing beside one of these is awe-inspiring.. It's a beautiful piece of machinery.
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old one had tanks you could play on. :) I have yet to be to the new one, but I drove past it! :(
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Incidently, I went to the war museum again on thursday(It's becoming a pretty regular visit for me these days). Standing beside one of these is awe-inspiring.. It's a beautiful piece of machinery.

I was there a month ago

This is a Chieftan MBT

This LAV actually served with CF in Bosnia

and I have more pics

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destroyed German tank

some more images from the war museum

mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The old one had tanks you could play on. I have yet to be to the new one, but I drove past it!

When I was a kid I spent summers in Goderich. There was a memorial next to the airport which had a WW2 tank and a Lancaster bomber. The tank was open to play in and it cost a buck to go up in the Lancaster.

What an amazing place. Could never happen today. Not safe enough. Sure built pride in a young man for his country and the sacrifices of the veterans.

They refurbished that Lancaster and it still flys today. Everytime I see it I'm still amazed that I spent hours in the thing.
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: what tank would you want to be in Reply with quote

what are the best tanks for our forces? well, I'd have to ask myself which one I'd want to bet my life on.

The answer for me would be the Challenger 2, its never been knocked out by an enemy in combat. It has superior fire power, its made by a trustworthy ally, and it would meet all of our combat needs.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have been reading about the tank, I am inclined to agree that it is the best in the world, lacking only major combat to prove its worth. Japan makes a highly regarded tank as well, but it too has never seen major fighting.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: