Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
The old one had tanks you could play on. I have yet to be to the new one, but I drove past it!

When I was a kid I spent summers in Goderich. There was a memorial next to the airport which had a WW2 tank and a Lancaster bomber. The tank was open to play in and it cost a buck to go up in the Lancaster.

What an amazing place. Could never happen today. Not safe enough. Sure built pride in a young man for his country and the sacrifices of the veterans.

They refurbished that Lancaster and it still flys today. Everytime I see it I'm still amazed that I spent hours in the thing.

That reminds me of the old airshows in Red Deer, and CFB Namao . . . I remember as a kid getting to sit in an F14, and walking through a Herculese... Those are probably some of the best memories of my childhood.
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what do we have to do to get Canada to spend some of the military buying budget in Canada at Canadian owned companies, If Canadian Tax dollars are good a nuff for the military? If Canadian Bllood is good a nuff to spill for Canada, then why are Canadians not good anuff to build any of the Military needs. Why is it that only Germany or America or foran owned companies are building for our Military Why ?
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Can anyone tell me what do we have to do to get Canada to spend some of the military buying budget in Canada at Canadian owned companies, If Canadian Tax dollars are good a nuff for the military? If Canadian Bllood is good a nuff to spill for Canada, then why are Canadians not good anuff to build any of the Military needs. Why is it that only Germany or America or foran owned companies are building for our Military Why ?

Who cares who we buy supplies from; at the end of the day I would much rather have weapons and armour that works, than Canadian-made crap.

Whats with this whole "we must spend in canada" idiocy i keep hearing? Who cares? get the job done.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

Who cares who we buy supplies from; at the end of the day I would much rather have weapons and armour that works, than Canadian-made crap.

Whats with this whole "we must spend in canada" idiocy i keep hearing? Who cares? get the job done.

Why that shore does sound like an elistist,
Thats right why should we stand for Canada and Canadians and this is the Tory way!
You people are so happy to send 10's of billions of dollars to Germany who will not even stand beside you in the middle east or anywhere else or to America who clearly are not interested in standing up for one Canadian little lone all Canadians, in fact the Americans are trying to come up with a plan to take the North, along with the Resources, oil and gas and the North West Passage.
Why biggie why don't you just move to Germany or America and tell them to buy their ships anf aircarft and equipment like tanks from everywhere else but America or Germany, you know the Canadian Way so far is to support everyone But the Canadians ! It is funny that you have no problem sendin in Canadians to die, but you have a problem with them building aircraft and ships or any other equipment needed!
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name one Canadian company that builds tanks. I think once you finish your list, you will understand why we are buying German tanks. Elitism has nothing to do with it.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Name one Canadian company that builds tanks. I think once you finish your list, you will understand why we are buying German tanks. Elitism has nothing to do with it.

Tanks are not the only thing that our military buys although we could build tanks at the Trenton Works if we wanted to, not to mention ships, truck bodys ,trailers or anything else built of steel or metal fabracations.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Canada made such good tanks in ww2. :roll:
It would really make sense for Canada to design and build our own tanks, its not like we need them NOW, its not like these thigns take time, its not like there are tanks around that Canada could easily buy. :roll:
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Yeah Canada made such good tanks in ww2. :roll:
It would really make sense for Canada to design and build our own tanks, its not like we need them NOW, its not like these thigns take time, its not like there are tanks around that Canada could easily buy. :roll:

Like I said before Tanks are not the only thing that our miltary is buying, and like I have said already of the billions already being spent in Germany with people who it is questionable if they are our allies. Or the Billions being spent in America. Funny we can not spend any of it In Canada with Canadian owned companies, and Canadians building and Producing For Canada and Canadians. So far Canadians are only allowd to pay the bill and bleed and die for this Country Canada.

We have so much money that we can build railines that we don't need for billions, that we can spend billions on games, but we can not aford to stand up for the people who are Canada ????
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Like I said before Tanks are not the only thing that our miltary is buying, and like I have said already of the billions already being spent in Germany with people who it is questionable if they are our allies. Or the Billions being spent in America. Funny we can not spend any of it In Canada with Canadian owned companies, and Canadians building and Producing For Canada and Canadians. So far Canadians are only allowd to pay the bill and bleed and die for this Country Canada.

We have so much money that we can build railines that we don't need for billions, that we can spend billions on games, but we can not aford to stand up for the people who are Canada ????

You are living in 1880. We have a global economy today. Foreigners buy more from Canada then we do from them. It doesn't make sense for every country to build everything.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

You are living in 1880. We have a global economy today. Foreigners buy more from Canada then we do from them. It doesn't make sense for every country to build everything.

You may have a point that it does not make sence for every country to make everything
But in the case of Canada it does not make sence to spend all of our money hundreds of billions of dollars in the next 10 years in Germany ( who are not our allies or America who will not give you the time of day unless their is a fee attched) Mean while we fund most of our world competitors to us sub standard processes and sell sub standard products in our market. While we will do nothing for the very same industries in our own country !
Seeing as the Rich who don't pay for any of it from their off shore accounts seem to be able the make profits on importing and selling everything from outside of Canada.
I suggest that we start importing our military personal from now on, they are cheaper to buy in Pakistan !

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: