Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:

- Funny enough, I agree to some extent with this. I think what we're seeing in young men like this is not directly due to the growing "reverse sexism", but it has its parts to play. Schools in particular cater to females - so many boys are left feeling lost with nowhere to turn. Society still expects boys to be "tough", but no longer provides them the direction or tools to be "tough".

Although I don't think its a major factor, certainly I think it is a factor in many of these events.

Dr. Helen Smith, the expert on violent children (and wife to INSPTAPUNDIT Glen Reynolds), says the treatment of boys and men is the biggest part of the problem and biggest by a fair margin. The FBI's criminal profiling division also feel much the same way as do the Mounties.

We can treat boys as people and drop the number of shooters, gang members and terrorists OR we can let the feminist/left/hard right win and have MORE and EVER MORE random violence. It is our choice.

The question is "Is your son a human?"

What is the answer????

Are YOU willing to work to change the system?

The conservative women are, ever more, indeed willing to work to change the system. The conservative men keep sitting on their hands spouting nonsense about guns that have no bearing at all in the problem at hand.
Evilgenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think parental neglect had a lot to do with this. In fact, I think that's the main issue here. I suspect Gill's parents didn't guide or control their children at all. I think they didn't even understand what their son had become.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed...

I don't think its fair for this to come up as a debate whatsoever... How can one nutcase's actions dictate the actions of normal citizens. People like this would obtain weapons regardless of laws trying to stop them. Its not hard at all to get guns - I could have an illegal one in 25 minutes if I really wanted one. It'd take about 3 phone calls..

Imagine they abolished guns (and managed to get all of them off the streets). Psycho's like this would just kill people with knives or chainsaws or the like..

I wonder how many of the gun prohibitionists are also advocates of marijuana legalization? Its my guess that there are a great deal of them... Funny how one form of prohibition works, and another does not ;)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you listen to yourself? You are the one advocating one form of prohibition and against the other, not me. I have always been against the gun registry. You talk like pot people are crazy for supporting gun prohibition, while claiming that prohibition doesn't work yet that is EXACTLY what you are doing. So guns which can be used to kill people, shouldn't be prohibited but a plant that has never killed anyone should be? I guess wanna-be cops are just as incapable as real cops of thinking clearly when it comes to drugs.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times are people going to have to ask you to quit bringing the marijuana debate into every other thread before you stop?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't "bring it" into this thread I was responding to this.

"I wonder how many of the gun prohibitionists are also advocates of marijuana legalization? Its my guess that there are a great deal of them... Funny how one form of prohibition works, and another does not"

"
biggie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrGreenthumb wrote:
would you listen to yourself? You are the one advocating one form of prohibition and against the other, not me. I have always been against the gun registry. You talk like pot people are crazy for supporting gun prohibition, while claiming that prohibition doesn't work yet that is EXACTLY what you are doing. So guns which can be used to kill people, shouldn't be prohibited but a plant that has never killed anyone should be? I guess wanna-be cops are just as incapable as real cops of thinking clearly when it comes to drugs.

Ah, but you've stated that prohibition DOESNT work - I've never said that it does for everything...
biggie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i didn't refer to you once ;)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

Jump to: