Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Palestinian people need adult leadership. Reply with quote

What they have in Hamas and Fatah, are more like gangsters or playground bullies.

http://backspin.typepad.com/ba.....ng_up.html
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/001077.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/.....01159.html

Some money quotes:
Quote:
But their stance -- Israel must die -- is, they say, the will of God, who has not authorized moderation in the name of sanitation.

Quote:
The cause of the collapse was not immediately clear. A local Palestinian official blamed the disaster on shoddy infrastructure and UN officials said they had been warning of a catastrophe for more than two years. ...

Quote:
A Palestinian from the Gaza Strip who worked as a metal merchant at the Karni crossing between Israel and the Strip was arrested by the Shin Bet last month for allegedly selling pipes he bought in Israel to terrorist groups that used them to manufacture Kassams, it was released for publication on Sunday. ...

The pipes that were sold to Zak were intended for the construction of a sewage system in Gaza.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the Americans who thought giving them democracy was a "good idea".
Hamas is willing to act in the intrests of the people, why would they vote for Fatah?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you got me. Exactly how is Hamas working in the interests of the people? You have to tell me, because for the life of me, I cannot see it. This pipes that should have been building the sewer system were instead diverted to Kassam factories. Is that what you are talking about? Building Kassams is more important than not drowning in sewage? Maybe you have to be Palestinian to understand...
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatah has been in power for god knows how long and havent been able to do anything.
I possibly used the wrong word ;)
but Hamas stands up to Isreal, which is what most people there want even though it goes against their best intrests....... (which is why demo for the pals was a STUPID thing for ANYONE to push for)
We have this idealistic idea that demo is good but in so many cases in makes things worse :P
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Over the last 30 years, Israel has released about 7,000 prisoners to secure freedom for 19 Israelis and to retrieve the bodies of eight others. A number of diplomatic efforts have been made to secure the release of Israeli IDF personnel following their capture by enemy forces.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_MIA_prisoner_exchanges

I think it is pretty clear that prisoner exchanges do not work. Massive military intervention though, that seems a bit better. I note that there have been no attempted grabs of Israeli citizens or military personnel for over a year now. I wonder how many of those 7000 have gone on to successful careers in murder and mayhem?
Len

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamas is very good at playing the PR game. I'm very familiar with their practice of running hospitals, welfare etc but I liken that to Al Capone giving milk to the orphanages.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Hamas' PR expertise does not run to building and maintaining basic infrastructure. If the people can't figure out who to blame for this, I say there is not much we can do for them.
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people blame Isreal for reasons which would be obvious if one lived in the occupied areas.
Its one of those very sad situations where people line up based on what they are.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the problem with democracy, and the blessing; people get exactly the government that they deserve. Wonder if they will ever realize that?
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more then that Palistieans Need Reason and Realism not to mention Moderates to stand up and Speak their minds against the Radical Brethern. Instead they choose to sit on their hands and do NOthing.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moderates, the people like Walid Shoebat, and Wafa Sultan, are killed if they remain in the nations of their birth. There are too few moderates, and too many radicals; too many angry young men who want to simply fight it out.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than that, they need to get rid of Islam
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatah has been in power for god knows how long and havent been able to do anything.

The Jews left Gaza while the new Fatah (Arafat finally croaked) was in power. Israel was moving forward in laying the groundwork for a Palestinian sovereign state, but the Palestinians voted in Hamas who has the destruction of Israel as its ultimate goal, months after the Gaza withdrawal.

What did the Palis do after the Jews left Gaza? Launch missiles into Israel almost daily.

The Palestinians have shown no desire for a peaceful state next to Israel and that is why they don't have one.

Jump to: