Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: NDP Actions in House are Obnoxious and Rude Reply with quote

The attempt by Pat Martin today, to defend his ill advised comments, in calling someone a fascist, a Mussolini was very disgraceful and his determination to refuse to apologize or withdraw them was appalling. He even went further and tried to use some house rule technicalities to allow him to get away with this school yard behavior (over ruled by the Speaker fortunately very quickly).
How often have we heard from Jack Layton and the NDP caucus that they want the level of debate to be raised in the house - obviously they don't want to lead by example.
aartin concedes that the word fascist, is considered unparliamentary by the rules of the House, but he states the rules are archaic,pleading that this should be changed retroactively so his words could be made acceptable - how arrogant and condescending can one get.
While Pat Martin was delivering his diatribe,that he should be allowed to be obnoxious and rude in the choice of his language in the House, it was particularly disturbing to hear other members of the NDP caucus snickering and laughing - I am anxious to learn if Jack Layton and Olivia Chow also descended to that low level of decorum and civility which would certainly give me good reason to question their integrity.
On this same day Charlie Angus NDP MP,was forced to apologize to the House for his "intemperate remarks" (his words) so it becomes painfully clear to Canadians that the Leader and the NDP caucus have allowed their actions to deteriorate in the house to a barn yard level and promises by Layton to raise the level of conduct and debate in the house have been an abysmal failure but not gone unnoticed by the Canadian taxpayer.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this not the norm in the House? I was under the impression that there had been no decorum since they started televising question period.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's distasteful for a Socalist,Liberal or Far-left to use Name-Calling in levels of gov't I am sickening by this already.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, a Liberal member of parliament called Harper a liar, which is also a no-no in the house.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Harper be a Liar....So what if the Budget disapointed others I for one am Glad CPC is pushing on with gov't affiars.
Len

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Today, a Liberal member of parliament called Harper a liar, which is also a no-no in the house.

There is most certainly a double standard in the House. The Grits and Dippers can make whatever outrageous statements they want yet they are the first to demand apologies when those same remarks are directed at them.
FWN

Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is most certainly a double standard in the House. The Grits and Dippers can make whatever outrageous statements they want yet they are the first to demand apologies when those same remarks are directed at them.

That is very true.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

Well, I hope the Conservatives for now on can hold themselves to a higher standard than the lefties.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Is this not the norm in the House? I was under the impression that there had been no decorum since they started televising question period.

I've been in Ottawa for the past week, and just happened to catch question period in the house Tuesday, I believe. From what a saw, I was absolutely sickened. We don't have a government...we have a group of immature, whiney, excuses for public-servants screaming at eachother for an hour. We need mature government...NOW

erl
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and stupid :lol:
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: doesnt anyone question... Reply with quote

Is there a need for Question Period?
It makes good media but it doesnt accomplish anything.
They ask outlandish questions that never get answered. There are no liable claims in the HOC so the HONOURABLE members can say what ever they want.
From my seat this is a waste of governments time.

I dont know am I alone on this?

Jump to: