Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Sometimes the pen is not mightier than the sword.

The IRA might not but the Scottish independence movement is raising it's head again...

-Mac
cerl7011

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I'm posting about the original article so late in the game, but I wanted my two-cents to be heard. The last thing we need right now is another war. Really. I mean...how do you think the already war-weary Americans and Brits would take another major conflict? And I don't even think we would be able to help. Our military is already strained in Afghanistan doing the good work there. We would have to pull out of there, but then all the work done there would be done in vain, because the Taliban would come right back.
Right now, war isn't the answer. Canada has not been attacked. Hell, Britain has only been smacked around a bit. I seriously don't think Iran is going to do anything to those men and women. They may have balls, but they know Britain's got a steal toed boot next door that is ready to kick on command.
On the other hand, trying to talk to them would be like trying to talk to a brick wall. But sometimes if you shout loud enough, the wall just might hear you.
I don't know what to do, but I hope what ever decision the leaders of this planet make are good...and don't lead to the downfall of the west and the creation of a massive Islamic state...that spells danger for us all

erl
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iran is one of the instigators in a lot of the world's trouble spots. They seed money and equipment to Hezbollah, train their troops. They help out Syria, they have their finger in the pot in Iraq. There were some Hezzies or Taliban caught down in the Darfur, if I remember correctly. I would not be surprised if they were behind some of the mischief in Pakistan and Afghanistan as well. The problem is that we are really fighting a proxy war, only our side does not have a proxy. Iran is at least half of the source for a lot of the problems in the world today. Why not take out the source? All these little wars are connected, and a lot of the supply lines seem to run through Iran.
ebolablue

Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there's no need to invade or for a messy insurgency. Just turn their air force, nuclear programs, navy, missile silos, and infrastructure (gotta put some economic pressures on them if the EU won't) into rubble. We might not be too good at nation building, but we're damn fine at tearing down what already exists. The time for action is now. This isn't going to end diplomatically or with soft power because, well, the will to exert that soft power doesn't exist anymore, and the Revolutionary Guard and Mullah assholes running the show are toying with us. Diplomacy, in this situation, is next to useless and plays right into their agenda.

note, by "we," I mean the Anglophone world, with Israel included.

"and the creation of a massive Islamic state"

and....Iran is what, exactly?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pretty easy to cripple Iran, just cut off the gasoline. They are a major importer, and sell it at heavily subsidized prices. If you couple that with a blockade, where they cannot get their oil to market for a few weeks, you get your pressure. Problem is, China is on their side, and it is all about the oil for them. Iran has the same deal as Sudan; China protects them in the security council in exchange for oil. China is not going to stop buying.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's typically that the lines are begin drawn right now. Terrorist Groups like Al-Qaeda are joing up with Rouge Regimes and Left win Nutjobs in a war that we are trying to prevent.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They gave 'em back! Ladies and Gentlemen, it's all over! Iran has given the soldiers back to England. We should all be glad that whole thing is over...In reality, it could have started WWIII...

here's the story to prove it...

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv......voy_070404

erl
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you think it is over? Is this not the second crew of British sailors kidnapped and paraded around by the Iranians? Why is this incident any more final than the first? War was never even considered, we are too weak to fight a war with Iran. This incident proves just how weak we are. Expect further acts probing the extent of our weakness in the future.

PS. They are not home yet.
Len

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was nothing but one huge PR stunt by the lunatic Ahmadinejad and the Brits anemic response played right into it. Did you see those ridiculous photos of Ahmadinejad smiling at, joking with and shaking the hands of the Royal Marines?

I gave them back as a gift. Look at me! I'm a good guy!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len wrote:
This was nothing but one huge PR stunt by the lunatic Ahmadinejad and the Brits anemic response played right into it. Did you see those ridiculous photos of Ahmadinejad smiling at, joking with and shaking the hands of the Royal Marines?

I gave them back as a gift. Look at me! I'm a good guy!

Honestly I think the mullahs wanted to tell us that every thing can be resolved through diplomacy even their nuclear issues and this will buy them some more time.

All they want is enough time to produce their N-Bomb...
ebolablue

Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are we granting this regime legitimacy, again?
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....diplomacy works with diplomats - not insane fascists....
Len

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mullahs managed to rally support in a country full of people who despise them. Not only did they succeed on that front they tested the intestinal fortitude of the EU by picking on Britain. The manner in which the EU rushed to the aid of the British speaks volumes about that organization.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is not over. I still think something must be done with Iran. The games they are playing must come to an end.
Len

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Well, it is not over. I still think something must be done with Iran. The games they are playing must come to an end.

Absolutely. This particular crisis may be over but don't think for one minute that we have heard the last of them. I think it's time something be done about them once and for all.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: