Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
I think these soldiers will probably end up being executed by Iran, and there will be very little in the way of British retaliation.

If Iran executes these soldiers it is WWIII, the big one.

Nope. The UN will hold an "emergency" session and contemplate imposing sanctions. But only after several iterations of diplomacy. This is how the world now works with spineless liberals in charge.

It always work that way and besides th UN{Usless and Naive} have always did nothing to help peoples who suffer while others sit back and enjoy their own personal luxuries......Tell that to the Rwandans,Somali's,Cambodians,Vietnamese,Iraqi's and Afgan's who suffer while the world enjoy their Mundian lives.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am beginning to believe that the mullahs of Iran want war so bad, and they'll get it soon. But this time they have miscalculated the entire story.

Mullahs have made some strategic mistakes in the past one year. First their war with Israel via Hezballah. Their second mistake was to let their operatives loose in Iraq which resulted in capture of several of their agents and last one of them was to take British naval personnel hostage.

These mistakes will, hopefully, put an end to their rule!
winchry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iranian will release the captives before any war. They know the USA and GB have soldiers already stations both in Iraq and Afghanistan.. its no secret. THis means before the war has even started the Iranians are surrounded. Unless the Iranians have say... a nuke to threaten the world with, I think we'll see them back off once hostilities become closer to a reality.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two good articles on the issue

http://www.aei.org/publication.....detail.asp

http://www.aei.org/publication.....detail.asp
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the UK can give them nukes, what could we in Canada give them if they were ours. Maple syrup
SFrank85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't kid yourself; we have resources that the Iranians want, URANIUM!
Pissedoff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you mean Canada would just surrender and let them have it.Guess they didn't want uranium when they murdered Kazemi while Canada did nothing. Canada has even less resources to fight Iran than the UK.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissedoff wrote:
So you mean Canada would just surrender and let them have it.Guess they didn't want uranium when they murdered Kazemi while Canada did nothing. Canada has even less resources to fight Iran than the UK.

If they want it, let us enrich it and drop it on them. I have no time for those idiots in Iran. If the West does not deal with them in the near future, we better watchout!

The West delayed, and dealyed with Germany in the 1930's, then it became too late, we were forced to deal with them in war, that killed millions of people.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to believe that the mullahs of Iran want war so bad, and they'll get it soon. But this time they have miscalculated the entire story.
Pissedoff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85

Quote:
If they want it, let us enrich it and drop it on them.

You mean throw it at them, as Canada does not have the means to drop it.

Craig: why didn't Canada use your diplomacy when Ms Kazemi was being murdered by the Iranians?

Some of you people make me laugh, the UK wants its sailors back alive if possible, but at least has the means to retaliate if required. What frightens me is that thanks to successive governments Canada does not have the means if these were Canadians. This was proven with Ms Kazemi, Bill Sampson ( by the way the Brits got him released) and Arar. Then again I suppose that is why it is easy to point at other countries and say we must do something when we don't have the means to contribute.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissedoff wrote:
SFrank85

Quote:
If they want it, let us enrich it and drop it on them.

Craig: why didn't Canada use your diplomacy when Ms Kazemi was being murdered by the Iranians?

Some of you people make me laugh, the UK wants its sailors back alive if possible, but at least has the means to retaliate if required. What frightens me is that thanks to successive governments Canada does not have the means if these were Canadians. This was proven with Ms Kazemi, Bill Sampson ( by the way the Brits got him released) and Arar. Then again I suppose that is why it is easy to point at other countries and say we must do something when we don't have the means to contribute.

Well, maybe let our U.S. friends do that duty for us! :shock:
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PissedOff wrote
Quote:

Sorry "PissedOff" I understand and agree with your frustration at the continued weakness of Canada's military. Unfortunately I'd like to disagree with you on one nit-picky little point. Canada actually DOES have the means to "drop it". If you're referring to nuclear weapons.

What most people don't know (because our ball-less Canukistan government won't tell them) is that the CF-!8 fighter IS nuclear capable. It can carry small (multi-kiloton range, tactical nukes) and deliver them using a technique known as "toss bombing". Basically the pilot uses a fllight manuever to toss the nuke on a long trajectory and then get the hell out of Dodge.

If Canada sudenly decided to become a nuclear power we could do so with little expense in a few short weeks if we had to build our own and within a couple days if we bought nukes from the Americans.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/falk.....mp;feed=12

Looks like Argentina is getting just a little bit froggy over the Falklands issue again. And why not?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember that inaction and softness just embolden the rogue regimes.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the IRA is taking note of the British response to hostage takings? I hope not, from what I have been reading Ireland is becoming an economic superpower, at least as far as Europe goes. The price if this kind of diplomacy at all costs is just too high. There comes a point when a bullet makes the point far more effectively than any robust language or strongly worded letters. Sometimes the pen is not mightier than the sword.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: