Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about it.
What you are saying is, that the people should pay for the abuses of the leader. That if you have a leader which the security council regards as in the wrong you deserve to starve to death. I disagree in all cases but esp for dictators.
Does it not occur to you that a small minority of oligarchs run things everywhere?
How did these sanctions hurt Saddam personally? THEY DIDNT!
How did these sanctions hurt the people? Half a million dead!

You guys are way to Hawkish, if we are going to do military interventions we should do it WHILE major human rights violations are occuring in order to stop them.
The BIGGEST human rights violation in North Korea today (and in the world in general) is the lack of food, nothing is more seriouse or more easily corrected than this!

Its 2007 people, everyone should have access to food/shelter/water
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think that there is a point to this anymore. the oil for food program demonstrated just exactly what happens when you try to get food and medicine to the subjects of a tyrant; the tyrant simply keeps it all for himself and nothing changes for the people. No reason to think NK would be any different, it would just be us helping Kimmy and his friends while the people continued to starve. Fl refuses to see this, or concede any point whatsoever.
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fl refuses to see this, or concede any point whatsoever.

Fac.Lib IF you are sincere about feeding North Koreans then why don't you do some research and supply some links? I'm certain there are other people who feel N. Koreans should be fed. As well, I'm certain that the U.N., Red Cross, North Korean Embassy, and several international aid organizations could tell you how to accomplish this compassionate mission of yours.

Once you have accomplished this research you could report back here and let everyone know and convince them to voluntarily contribute to the well being of the N. Korean people.

:!: Mind you I'm CERTAIN YOU WON'T DO THAT. :!:

THAT(!!) Would be too much like work wouldn't it?

Because your posting is like every other action of the antiwar crowd or the vocal left. It has NOTHING to do with actually ACCOMPLISHING anything. It is an action intended to make yourself feel better. "There, I sure told them. Aren't I the compassionate one".
Left wing compassion is all about "APPEARING CONCERNED". Someone ELSE can do the actual work. :roll:

YOU get the comfortable position of being able to stand back, give orders and bask the glow of your own self righteousness without ever breaking a sweat.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about posting to make yourself feel good ;)
Ever hear the phrase "its not what you say its how you say it"?
Firstly we are debating an academic issue here, by your logic anyone who suggests military intervention should join the army.

No one here seems likely to contribute to a cause such as this, however
http://www.wfp.org/english/ for UN information on global hunger, its easy to donate and you probably will not be helping North Korea :) (if anyone is intreseted)

For a look at sanctions I would recomend
http://www.globalpolicy.org/se.....dexkor.htm

and article I respect is http://www.globalpolicy.org/se.....estion.htm but since both sides (well me vs everyone besides TealTories who somewhat agreed with me ;)) are set in their views. At this point I do not see anyone changing their viewpoint.
This is fine, I enjoyed debating on this thread and will now heed kwlafayette's suggestion and let it die.

Secondly you are making broad generalizations about the "antiwar crowd/vocal left". Many people on the left do lots of good and important work, they may be misguided but to say that all left wingers simply want to appear concerned while having others do the hard work is not true.
I am not just talking about amnesty international and other NGO's, I know many people on the left and the right who volunteer their time to help at soup kitchens, with the elderly and such. I agree totally that this is much better than simply complaining (which left wingers are more apt to do then right wingers but both can be guilty of).

I volunteered last week, I would have done it this week but I am too busy, I will again next week.

You attack me personally when you know very little about me.
Attacking the person not the arguement is something that morons/trollers/preteens do!
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from their own site:

Quote:
GPF has published various papers and other information arguing that any real reform must solve the UNís financial woes, US unilateralism, disproportional power of the permanent members of the Security Council, the absence of real disarmament, and the shaky and unjust global economic order.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way it would work is if NK allowed some third party into the country to distribute the food. Even then, nothing to stop the NK army from going door to door a few hours later. I just don't see how it could work if the NK government was involved in anyway. Realistically, the only way they are excluded is if it is a different NK government. Even with their allies, the NK government is not straight. I remember a story from a few months ago about NK stealing Chinese trains, that were used to deliver aid to NK.

http://www.strategypage.com/qn.....60705.aspx

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: