Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Iraqis: Life is better today than under Saddam Reply with quote

How does the left respond to this???

The majority of Iraqis believe that their lives are better today than they were under Saddam.

Quote:
when asked whether they preferred life under Saddam, the dictator who was executed last December, or under Nouri al-Maliki, the prime minister, most replied that things were better for them today.

Only 27% think there is a civil war in Iraq, compared with 61% who do not, according to the survey carried out last month.

By a majority of two to one, Iraqis believe military operations now under way will disarm all militias. More than half say security will improve after a withdrawal of multinational forces.

Margaret Beckett, the foreign secretary, said the findings pointed to progress. “There is no widespread violence in the four southern provinces and the fact that the picture is more complex than the stereotype usually portrayed is reflected in today’s poll,” she said.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it is.
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis: Life is better today than under Saddam Reply with quote

Quote:

Who cares?

However, if they are smart - always a big "if" with the left - they will note the quote from the British Foreign Sec, see that the article appeared in The Times (a favourite of No. 10 ever since Alistair Campbell's days), recall that the British have announced plans to leave within a year, and put two-and-two together.

Of course, Iraq is getting better. It has to: otherwise, the British troops would have to stay, won't they? Now, that won't help Brown at all, will it?

Four years, 3200+ US/UK soldiers dead, countless Iraqis dead, and someone had to pay a polling company to determine if Iraqi's think life under Saddam - the most brutal dictator in a generation - was better or not!

I am sure the pollsters never even left the Green Zone to conduct their poll, and called only from an Iraqi government supplied list of phone numbers. I wonder what the margin of error in this kind of poll would be?
Charles

Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Iraq Reply with quote

I wonder how all the dead citizens voted?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraq Reply with quote

Charles wrote:

The ones Saddam killed? I heard they all picked Joe Volpe.

-Mac
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraq Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Charles wrote:

The ones Saddam killed? I heard they all picked Joe Volpe.

-Mac

hahahaha, that was great.
Charles

Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7Reputation: 6.7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Iraq - dead citizens Reply with quote

No, no, you misunderstand.

All the Iraqi citizens that America and Britain killed, in setting them free.
I really don't find it a source of humour as you do.

I assume that you also have families...Have you ever reflected on who gets the brunt of punishment in a war? It is the common citizen and the family. the innocent. As Harper puts it..."the Average Man". Talk to the family of our sons and daughters killed in the war.

On this day of reflection, please take a moment to read this piece by Mark Twain:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/twain/warpray.htm
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraq - dead citizens Reply with quote

Charles wrote:

I understood just fine. You're engaging in an exercise called "selective outrage" which is a popular liberal activity.

-Mac
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis: Life is better today than under Saddam Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Are you still wondering?

-Mac
biggie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraq - dead citizens Reply with quote

Charles wrote:

All the Iraqi citizens that America and Britain killed, in setting them free.
I really don't find it a source of humour as you do.

I assume that you also have families...Have you ever reflected on who gets the brunt of punishment in a war? It is the common citizen and the family. the innocent. As Harper puts it..."the Average Man". Talk to the family of our sons and daughters killed in the war.

On this day of reflection, please take a moment to read this piece by Mark Twain:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/twain/warpray.htm

Funny, from what I've seen most of the families are supportive of what their relatives have done....
hard decisions must be made in order to protect our rights and those of others.
Charles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Selective Outrage Reply with quote

Wow, can I parry our "selective outrage" with "brainwashed, irrelevant sloganeering"?

How can I be expressing "selective outrage" when I plainly explained that in a war, ALL citizens suffer the most, including our own. You are not very selective in targeting nor rational in your arguements.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Selective Outrage Reply with quote

Charles wrote:
Wow, can I parry our "selective outrage" with "brainwashed, irrelevant sloganeering"?

Sure... if you can find some.

Charles wrote:
How can I be expressing "selective outrage" when I plainly explained that in a war, ALL citizens suffer the most, including our own.

Actually, you said no such thing. I'm looking for your mention of "ALL citizens, including our own" and you know what? It isn't there! Go figure!! You're pretty good at selective outrage! Not everyone can use the expression in an example.

I guess you were okay with Saddam as long as he was only murdering Iraqi Kurds and Shiites. Things were great for you when Saddam was giving money to the families of suicide bombers who killed Israeli civilians. Life was blissful for you when Saddam was playing "hide-a-bomb" with Hans Blix and the Blind Inspectors of the UN while cooking up special deals under the "Food-For-Oil" scheme. How dare the US and Britain interfere with the Ba'ath Party, the last living bastion of Nazi beliefs!! Gee... your outrage seems pretty selective to me!

Charles wrote:
You are not very selective in targeting nor rational in your arguements.

Typing while watching yourself in the mirror leads to spelling mistakes.

-Mac
biggie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: THAT explains it...

I better move that mirror. :oops:
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you still wondering?

Go MAC! GO

I'm kinda surprised by the poll #'s but I was getting alot of news from lefty sources. Sort of twisted my mind for a bit.

But that's one of the reasons why I don't read the Star anymore.

Plus I read an Al Franken book on a cruise I took a couple of months ago. Talk about hating Republicans. It was in the ships library next to a book by Tucker Carlson. I would have read the Carlson book but I still can't forgive him for the retarded cousin crack.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifes better today then it was under Saddam...pffttt...of course it is! Is it better to be killed in the middle of the night by the government or is it better to be killed in broad daylight by millitant bombs...
but seriously folks...course life is better today...today they have more freedoms then most of them have ever had...sure some of them are getting killed, but most people know that soon...eventually...hopefully...their nation will be free, democratic and peaceful...something that could have never been achieved under Mr. Saddam and his Ba'ath (or something like that) party...a little bit of hardship for a lot of freedom, because when we look back at the whole conflict over there, it's just going to be a tiny little blurb on the timeline...
or mabey that's just wishful thinking...

(and P.S...im not looking at my self in the mirror...I just can't spell...although I am very dashing in the mirror...)

erl

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: