Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit is out in the second round as well. From what I saw of the game, it was one of the most undisciplined road efforts in their history. They let Calgary back in the series all by themselves. The only road games that are worse are the ones Calgary plays.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Islanders are impressing me. They stand zero chance, but none of them are giving an inch. There is no quit in that team, even though their situation is entirely hopeless.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducks won last nite and i am proud they are in the 2nd round.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anaheim is in serious trouble if they have to play San Jose. I had Nashville pegged to go deep, but they were handled easily. San Jose just might be the power in the West this year.
Ardvark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, 7 out of 8 for Ardvark the Greek.

I will get my second round choices tomorrow.

Al

Ardvark wrote:
Calgary over Detroit
Anaheim over Minnesota
Vancouver over Dallas
San Jose over Nashville

Buffalo over the Islanders
Jersey over Tampa
Rangers over Atlanta
Ottawa over Pittsburgh

So sayeth the Ardvark

Al
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But because you picked Calgary to win over Detroit, it is clear you were simply guessing though.

My predictions for the second round are easy.
Ottawa over New Jersey (Ottawa is playing ever part of the game very well, although this will probably be the closest series of the second round)
San Jose over Detroit (San Jose handled one of the best teams in the league)
Anaheim over Vancouver (Vancouver was lucky to get out alive against the Stars)
Buffalo over New York (Buffalo is also playing all parts of the game very well, and they do it consistently, unlike the Rangers)

San Jose and Ottawa will be clashing in the cup final.

Buffalo is a really scary team right now. Even if you can shut down 5 or 6 of their scorers, they still have more to through at you. And there are not many teams who can shut down that many scorers. Ottawa also has good depth, but they seem to have just a little bit more sand that Buffalo. It is actually too close to call between Buffalo and Ottawa, but I will go with Canada on this one. I am probably wrong though as Buffalo does have an edge in team speed.

Detroit had too much trouble with Calgary. Not the sign of a playoff contender when the worst team in the playoffs takes you to six games. They showed signs of a break down in discipline at times as well. After Nashville, you have to know that nothing Detroit can throw at them physically will phase San Jose in the least.

As for Vancouver, it won't even be a contest. Most likely team to be swept out of the second round. They may not even score a goal. If they play like in the first period of game 7, or like they did in any of their loses, it might only take 3 games to sweep them, so to speak. Anaheim will be rollig 4 lines easily.
Ardvark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But because you picked Calgary to win over Detroit, it is clear you were simply guessing though. "

7 out of 8, not bad for a guess eh! :roll:

As I stated earlier Calgary was a pick from the heart and not the brain, and guess what, Calgary screwed me again. They must know I am an Oiler fan at heart.

Here are my picks for the second round:

Buffalo over NYR
Ottawa over NJ
San Jose over Detroit
and against my heart,
I am going Anaheim over Vancouver.

So sayeth the Ardvark

Al
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rangers could surprise this round. They are playing well right now. They are the most likely team to upset in my opinion. I guess technically Ottawa beating Jersey would be an upset too, since that is the fourth seed beating the second seed.

Detroit could pull one out in the West, they are not the highly skilled ballerinas of previous years. I don't think they have nearly enough sand to take down San Jose though, plus they actually had trouble with Calgary.
Ardvark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Buffalo is the only sure bet this round, all the others could go the other way because in the playoffs anything can happen. That is why they play the games on the ice instead of having accountants figure out the winners on paper. :shock:

Al

I just noticed we have the same picks, must be that great minds thing going on.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to do something, and I some back and it is 3 zero. Looks like Buffalo is playing great in game one. Some good points from Vanek too for my hockey pool.

PS. Jagr is impossibly strong on the puck. That guy is amazing. Looks like Vanek is playing like 2 people tonight. It is a 6 on 5 while he is out there.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ardvark wrote:
Buffalo over NYR
Ottawa over NJ
San Jose over Detroit
and against my heart,
I am going Anaheim over Vancouver.

I will take the above except Detroit over San Jose and Vancouver over Anaheim.

Nevermind: Vancouver is toast. They do well in low scoring games. Anaheim has too many weapons.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is 3 games in the San Jose Detroit series. San Jose has the goal tending advantage. Maybe Hasek was good last decade, but I don't know what Detroit was thinking pinning their cup hopes on the most fragile groin in sports. Apart from goal tending, San Jose also has a size advantage, speed seems about even. Cleary is playing like a man possessed, but I don't think he will be enough to put them over the top. San Jose started the game shaky, but pulled out a convincing win.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit takes down San Jose. In the end, they did not have the heart. I was looking at the stats, Detroit has one D man who is helping on the score board. I wonder, does that indicate a possible lack of scoring depth? A chink in the armor that a smart, fast team could exploit?

I say, Anaheim takes down Detroit, Ottawa takes down Buffalo, and we have an Ottawa Detroit final, with Ottawa taking it in 5 games.

Anaheim and Ottawa have had a good rest. No serious injury problems for either club. Hasek is due for some kind of injury, and Detroit is thin on the blue line. Buffalo is good, but they did not look convincing against the Islanders, and the Rangers gave them a bit of trouble. Some people are saying that Emery is not a good enough goalie; some people also vote for the Marxist Leninist party.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette, I just wanted to thank you for your colourful way of turning a phrase. I always look forward to your posts as our sense of humour is very similar... not to mention many of our political views.

-Mac
Ardvark

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 out of 8 in round 1, and 3 out of 4 for round 2.

Those damn Red Wings keep messing with my record, but I think their lucky streak will soon be over.

Round 3 predictions:

Ottawa over Buffalo

Anaheim over Detroit

Al

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: