Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: BT Article Rating System Launched Reply with quote

We have given our readership the ability to rate posts made on BT based on a five star scale. While the content of our membership is generally very good, this system will allow the readership to identify the best posts. We have put in place measures to prevent abuse but of course there are always ways to abuse the system. Fortunately, we have also put in place methods to detect abuse :)
McGuire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the point of this system?? Not that I don't like it, but i'm unaware of an endgame.
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BT Article Rating System Launched Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
We have given our readership the ability to rate posts made on BT based on a five star scale.

Most forums die when a majority of the readers and members lose interest, and a small group of diehards are left talking to (or past) each other on topics that evoke neither curiosity nor debate.

I, therefore, applaud the rating concept as a mechanism for ensuring the longterm viability of the forum. I just hope "biggie" is not one of the screened raters :)
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also has the nice little side effect of increasing the usage of the BT Member bar, and giving credit for the true gold of the BT world. :)

Great addition, glad to see it.

Jump to: