Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hasdrubal





Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 1112
Reputation: 66
votes: 5
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: The Great Nightmare of dial-up Reply with quote

Lately alot of posts in the boarding world have had links to video's & yet I'm stuck on dial-up not having the patience of well over an hour to wait for the download, & viewing it for another hour. As a result I can't even make comments without guessing what the video is all about, that darn dinosaur of a dial-up is starting to become more trouble by the minute. :cry:
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you and I are in the same boat on this one. I really don't have a problem with dail-up, aslong as I stay away from the videos.
biggie





Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 1738
Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44
votes: 10
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shudder... I remember the dial-up days. Are you on dial-up because nothing else is available?
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Shudder... I remember the dial-up days. Are you on dial-up because nothing else is available?


I guess I could change it, but I really don't see a need to now, aslong as TV is still around! :wink:
biggie





Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 1738
Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44
votes: 10
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, TV. lol, I don't watch much TV, spend way too much time on the computer for my own good.

These days I watch ROME, and my friend just got me hooked on the show Heroes, and I'll watch Futurama and Robot Chicken. Oh- and MDL and O'Reilly... but that's it.
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't really watch that much TV anymore, except for the news, 24 and a couple other shows! Plus I love the CBC! :lol:
Hasdrubal





Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 1112
Reputation: 66
votes: 5
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Shudder... I remember the dial-up days. Are you on dial-up because nothing else is available?

Because I live under my parents roof. :wink:
Hasdrubal





Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 1112
Reputation: 66
votes: 5
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Well, you and I are in the same boat on this one. I really don't have a problem with dail-up, aslong as I stay away from the videos.

I guess we are going to have to wait for a couple of posts before stating an opinion, though it's theoritical in statement without access to the video's.
biggie





Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 1738
Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44
votes: 10
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Yeah, I don't really watch that much TV anymore, except for the news, 24 and a couple other shows! Plus I love the CBC! :lol:


Hahahaha, well you should love it, your taxes are paying for it! lol
biggie





Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 1738
Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44
votes: 10
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:
Well, you and I are in the same boat on this one. I really don't have a problem with dail-up, aslong as I stay away from the videos.

I guess we are going to have to wait for a couple of posts before stating an opinion, though it's theoritical in statement without access to the video's.


Or just wait a day or two until the download is done, then jump in fists a flyin'! :lol:
Hasdrubal





Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 1112
Reputation: 66
votes: 5
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:
Well, you and I are in the same boat on this one. I really don't have a problem with dail-up, aslong as I stay away from the videos.

I guess we are going to have to wait for a couple of posts before stating an opinion, though it's theoritical in statement without access to the video's.


Or just wait a day or two until the download is done, then jump in fists a flyin'! :lol:

Oh my.... :lol:
FWN





Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 50
Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High-speed internet is waaay better than dial-up. You should talk to your parents about it. Mabie they will agree?
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no tv at all
but I have high speed so its all good
time to go watch a tv show in 8 parts on youtube
FWN





Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 50
Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3Reputation: 7.3
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
time to go watch a tv show in 8 parts on youtube


lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


The Great Nightmare of dial-up

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB