Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what happened to this torrent. It went from 28,000 seeds to 234 tonight!!!

Did someone decide to do something to shut this thing down?
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing stays popular forever.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Nothing stays popular forever.

That's not it. Torrents don't go from 28000 to 200 overnight - doesn't work that way. It's climbing back up (its almost 500 now). Something or someone shut it down or reset it.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also want to check out the book "Taken By Storm" (revised 2007 edition) written by Canadians Christopher Essex and Ross McKitrick. It pretty much debunks all of ALGoar's revelations. I found it interesting that the temperature graph made famous by AlGoar does not factor in turbulence (rain, snow, wind, tornadoes). Does anyone really believe that turbulence does not have an effect on the climate?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Does anyone really believe that turbulence does not have an effect on the climate?

If turbulence has an effect which isn't might negatively affect the cashflow to the Goreacle's bank accounts, it is not scientifically significant.

By the way, welcome to the Blogging Tories forums, Sheila!

-Mac
Sheila

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mac, it's good to be here. One thing that stands out in my mind about ALGoar is that he must have oceanfront property. Homeowners insurance does not cover seepage. So is he trying to recoup his loss before it happens? Most of the city of Alexandria, Egypt is under water, so obviously the oceans have been rising for a very long time.
Bill_in_Calgary

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Thanks Mac, it's good to be here. One thing that stands out in my mind about ALGoar is that he must have oceanfront property. Homeowners insurance does not cover seepage. So is he trying to recoup his loss before it happens? Most of the city of Alexandria, Egypt is under water, so obviously the oceans have been rising for a very long time.

Hi Sheila. Welcome. Oceans have been rising since the beginning of the last interglacial. About 10,000 years. Remember though that often times local land elevation changes much more rapidly than ocean levels.

Bill
Bill_in_Calgary

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I wonder what happened to this torrent. It went from 28,000 seeds to 234 tonight!!!

Did someone decide to do something to shut this thing down?

It was quite strange Craig. Either a block of some sort was used or maybe tens of thousands of warning emails were sent out through ISPs. I know that happens as a friend has gotten 2 for other downloads. I doubt the latter is the case. Wag TV would never have dreamed of the publicity it's gotten through the downloads.

I'm not too worried though because a quick calculation shows from that huge run we had, there are millions of copies of the movie around the globe and numbers are climbing again with seeds back over 1,100. Ready for round 2?

I purchased a copy of the new longer DVD through Demand Debate. The movie has heen changed around, refined and a lot more science added in the Extras section. It's quite good.

Bill
Sheila

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill, thanks for the welcome. Yeah I've debated this on other websites and actually got accused of pushing this view because they believed the oil companies were paying me off because I'm from Alberta, LOL. Do you know of any oil companies that would pay me? Please send them my name, I would love to make money off of my views, LOL.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Hi Bill, thanks for the welcome. Yeah I've debated this on other websites and actually got accused of pushing this view because they believed the oil companies were paying me off because I'm from Alberta, LOL. Do you know of any oil companies that would pay me? Please send them my name, I would love to make money off of my views, LOL.

It's sad to see people ignore facts just because the person presenting them come from a different region of the country than them.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.reuters.com/article.....mp;sp=true
Quote:
HOUSTON (Reuters) - A drop in wind generation late on Tuesday, coupled with colder weather, triggered an electric emergency that caused the Texas grid operator to cut service to some large customers, the grid agency said on Wednesday.

Ah those well meaning environmentalists, pushing expensive solutions that don't work on the rest of us.
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you wil look close enough to notice, you'll find that most of the small time average joe guys who are enviromentalist's don't demand that you or I chance our whole lifestyle for the enviroment. Its only enviromentalists who are rich like al gore or :evil: david :evil: sazuki :evil: who ask us to do rediculous stuff that only they could afford to do and yet they dont.
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listing to the radio today when i heard some scientist say that unless we( the world) reduce our green house gas emmitions by 40% by the year 2050 the world will be dystroyed. Then the host told her that we can't meet those standards. She then replied "thats not the point" and rabbled on about some other BS. THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!! THATS NOT THE POINT :x ! If what you were saying was true then that would be the point. The scientist bacically put an end date on civilization but then she says thats not the point! WTF!
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The strongest consensus on the causes of global warming came from climatologists who are active in climate research, with 97 percent agreeing humans play a role.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/.....index.html
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's afraid of global warming?

...People didn't like it when we showed that the earth's sensitivity to carbon dioxide is low, and we became a persecuted minority...Gore contends that the rise in carbon dioxide is causing the rise in temperature, and we maintain that the opposite is true - that the rise in temperature is what's causing the rise in carbon dioxide...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1063707.html

Read the entire fascinating article!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: