Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Nicklan the resident nihilist?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Something needs to be done for the quality of Air that we breath is not good. With China and Asia pumping out blast furnaces not to mention 1950's coal fired power plants with nearly no envirmental controls. China at todays production will be near 480 million tons. 30 years ago that was 50 million tons a year or near that. Nearly all of the new capacity is blast furnaces.

And yet you oppose the most viable alternative to coal - nuclear. If you want clean air nuclear is the best option.

BTW: What you've describe is EXACTLY why Kyoto is useless. Without China - nothing else matters.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Without China - nothing else matters.

India isn't far behind China...

-Mac
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would either of those countries reduce greenhouse gas emissions though. It makes no sense for them to do so. Yet people want us to.
sigh.
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I purpose Western Standards for Western Markets, if China and India want to sell their wares in the Western Markets then they should have to meet our Western Standards. Standards for steel production for example nearly all of that 480 million tons of steel that China will make this year is produced using the Blast Furnace. All of that steel can be made with modern processes that produce only a fraction of the polution.
But we can not hold the Chinese or Indians to any standards that we are not willing to meet ourselfs. Standards are our only choice, standards for the processes, standards for workers and human rights !Start with these!
Ravon

votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the truths is that jobs trump the environment always has always will. And that is too bad because we are killing ourselves in the process but at least we are working. I could never understand the point of view that no matter what crap we spewed into the air, the water, or buried in our land mother nature would take care of it and protect us from our stupidity. It never did make sense and it never will. Go on up to Ft McMurray and take a deep breath. A friend of mine just returned from Uganda where his church was building houses. He said the pollution in the big cities was staggering, but the African in this documentary said global warming was a plot to kill the African dream um. I'll go with my friend the doctor who I know would rather cut his tongue out than lie. Governing a country will require us to take our integrity to a new level of courageous honesty. This will require us to crawl out of the pocket of big business and be accountable to the people. What a change we can make.
plantguy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a mutual ground between tree huggers and conservatives that is being overlooked. Virtually all of the U.S.'s and much of eastern Canada's oil and gas is imported. Often the source of these imports is from some pretty nasty and hostile places (Iran, Russia, Nigeria and Venuzula come to mind) We often have to make some pretty unsavory accomodations for these clowns in order to keep the oil flowing.By reducing our consumption we can become more reliant on domestic supplies. This won't affect Canada's exports to the U.S. We are a stble and non-threatning country and would be their supplier of choice. Also, it is unlikely that we will nationalize our oil fields and throw U.S. companies out the door like Venuzula recently did.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extra hour of bonus material not included in the original...

http://video.google.com/videop.....9470628258
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this up!!

-Mac
the silent platform

Reputation: 40.9Reputation: 40.9Reputation: 40.9Reputation: 40.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a question i just got asked on a msg board, hoping you guys can help me out with a decent answer, as i am swamped right now and dont have time to rant on and on to this guy:

"here's the deal, steve:
if you can find a peer-reviewed report or paper that is in the same league as the IPCC report [which was produced by 600+ authors in 40 countries, and reviewed by 600+ experts and governments] that claims that the temperature of the earth is NOT increasing due to human activity, then i think you'll have an argument. or, rather, your argument will have the same weight of scientific expertise and rigor behind it as ours does."

thanks in advance for your help, hahahh

--steve
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the silent platform wrote:
if you can find a peer-reviewed report or paper that is in the same league as the IPCC report [which was produced by 600+ authors in 40 countries, and reviewed by 600+ experts and governments] that claims that the temperature of the earth is NOT increasing due to human activity

If you watch the video MANY of the MAIN authors of the IPCC report explicity state that global warming is not caused by humans. They even requested to have their names removed from the IPCC report because their opinions on the subject were not being included.
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Great documentary! I watched it last night and then today, I got my wife & kids to watch it as well. I wish I could get it on disk so I could spread it around. As it is, I'm sending the link to everyone I can think of via email.

-Mac

Hey you could download this program and capture it as an AVI with sound [from your screen as you watch it] - then burn it onto a disk and then distribute it! :wink:

http://www.download.com/Easy-V.....ump=winmp/
Bill_in_Calgary

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on isohunt.com.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill_in_Calgary wrote:
Do a search on isohunt.com.

Good call Bill. I'm downloading now and will leave it as a seed indefinitely (full throttle - the easier it is for people to get this the better).
Bill_in_Calgary

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planting the seed for months around the world. Always takers so the interest is there. I sow 3 varieties of seed. Keep up the fight.

Good source of info on specific papers and such is friendsofscience.org.

Bill

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: