Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Camouflage-clad teddy bears send wrong message: Peace group Reply with quote

Quote:
'Soldier' bears sending wrong message, group says
Last Updated: Thursday, March 8, 2007 | 4:19 PM AT
CBC News

Camouflage-clad teddy bears sold to raise money for New Brunswick and Nova Scotia families of soldiers in Afghanistan are raising the ire of a Fredericton peace group.

The 20-centimetre-tall bears, wearing camouflage jackets with the word "soldier" written on the chest, are being sold at some Irving gas stations in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Some of the proceeds from their sale are going to military family support groups.

Alisa Carnall, a former soldier with the Fredericton Peace Coalition, said the bears send the wrong message.

"Teddy bears in combat, it just seems such a contradiction to me, because teddy bears are a child's toy," Carnall said. "They're something that gives comfort."

Carnall said she thinks military families are already well supported, and she would rather see money raised for families in Afghanistan.

Fred Herman, the Halifax man who came up with the idea of the soldier bear, said he spent 35 years in the military.

"By the response I've been getting for my product, it's overwhelming how many people want this to show respect for what the Canadian soldiers are doing in Afghanistan."

Herman said the bears seem to resonate with people. He said he's received orders for thousands of the bears since their launch a few weeks ago.

How far will these 'peace at all costs' groups go. It is really disgusting that thses peace groups are so blind in their ways.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These peace groups make me puke all the time
McGuire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friggin moonbats. Gotta find where I can get me one.

Jump to: