Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this incident will cause people to stop paying attention to this bony bitch & she can just go away. And she can take that fat slob Limbaugh with her too for that matter. Both of them harm the conservative movement far more than they help it.
Len

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGuire wrote:
Both of them harm the conservative movement far more than they help it.

Bingo! People like her are not representative of mainstream conservatism but with all the hype they command people think they are which gives the lefties plenty of ammo. I wish she would fade away already.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Biggie - cograts on your 1000th post. you are an inspiration to us all.

Well, I try... lol, apreciate your affection 8)
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to showcase people like Bill O'Reilly a lot more. The man is over-the-top in some cases, but nobody can question his ability to handle things in a fair manner; if a conservative screws up, he calls them on it.

I had a friend over tonight who happens to be rather Liberal, and we watched O'Reilly and he said that he was so impressed that he gave a fair view.

Those are the kind of conservative commentators I like to see. Probably one of the reason's I thouroughly enjoyed the book Rescuing Canada's Right - it was equally critical of Conservatives.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she's funny and pretty intelligent, but not necessarily representative of the mainstream American conservative movement ... I think she carefully chooses even the inflammatory language like this to produce exactly the result its getting. She's kind of like a right-wing Howard Stern.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is a stupid person, who gives the right a bad name. She is all about shock value, and not about values.
McGuire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here. I have nothing against bomb throwers per se, but at least contribute something positive to the conservative movement. O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity etc all do. Coulter & Limbaugh most certainly do not.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was perfect! She was attempting to show how hyper politically correct our nation has become and it had the intended effect. It also outed the Rino's and lib scum sympathizers. This is her what, 6th career ending comment? Bravo to Ann, and I can't wait for the next round!
ebolablue

Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that you're confusing 'politically correct' with 'basic human respect and civility.'
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of what she says, she is hot. And she makes lefties steam so she is at least 70% of the total package right there.
Len

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of the biggest PC critics you'll find but referring to someone as a faggot has nothing to do with PC bashing. It was classless. I'll say it again, remarks like that do far more to hurt conservatism than help it.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like we are some monolithic, historically great movement. Come on, have some fun.She wants to talk the trash, let her talk the trash. She gets people steamed, laugh at their thin skin. In 20 years, we will have embraced a bunch of current Liberal policies, and if you went forward in a time machine you would find yourself using Cherniak's arguments, and him using yours.
McGuire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when do conservatives surrender mutual respect & basic decency. Just b/c the moonbats may not have any for us, doesn't mean we should forsake them. Quite the opposite, in fact. We should raise our games so we can claim moral superiority over the left. It's something we've always taken pride in.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is about as much moral superiority in politics as there is in that other old profession. For as long as there have been people, there has been shrill polemic from all sides. There always will be. They have Rosie, and We have Anne, who is better looking, so I say we are ahead. So what if that is the only reason to pick one over the other?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebolablue wrote:
I believe that you're confusing 'politically correct' with 'basic human respect and civility.'

I think our society has become hyper-sensitive. Not everyone is a british aristocrat. Her calling someone a "faggot" is FAR FAR FAR less obscene than what is preached in many North American mosques. The reason for the selective outrage??? BECAUSE SHE IS A CONSERVATIVE.

I'm not endorsing her behaviour - but for goodness sakes people. She doesn't like homosexuality and she used the term "faggot" to describe one. Who cares.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: