Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would begin developing the oil and gas and other resources of this Countries North,
I would build oil refinories on both coasts now, I would build new modern and very competitive iron and steel plants and steel works, shipyards that can and will compete with anyone anywhere also on both coasts now. If I had a majority The people From British Columbia and Nova Scotia would be moving back home to good above average jobs, if I had a majority I would make shore that Canada and Canadians also got free trade in NAFTA. But I do not have a majority, All that is needed is the PM to make the action happen he has the power now with out a majority !
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would begin developing the oil and gas and other resources of this Countries North,
I would build oil refinories on both coasts now, I would build new modern and very competitive iron and steel plants and steel works, shipyards that can and will compete with anyone anywhere also on both coasts now. If I had a majority The people From British Columbia and Nova Scotia would be moving back home to good above average jobs,

Those would be ideals for the government to pursue with policies that would encourage the private sector to do those things. I don't think government should be involved in setting up these things themselves.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they should be doing the same as governments in other countries do,
Asstance in funding like the American State Bonds for example personaly I like garrentees like Quebec has offered me in the past,they can provide land and infactructure for example docks, ports, power, roads and transit systems. and more !
These can be done now.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can also do the most inportant thing of all issue the building permits to start construction.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
NAFTA is all we need if we have real free trade, that allows no tax or duty and free movement of goods, services and people.
We are not American, we do not bow down the the dollar bill and only the dollar bill like our American cousans do. If you want to be American you are free to move there. This is Canada and will always be Canada. Canada and Canadians first !

With all due respect what if a Liberal asked you to leave your home & head south because you were Conservative? Don't think it can't happen, think again! The fact is I support United North America because I see it as a progressive idea that would serve Canadians best interest. Before judging me think about the facts without resorting to emotionalism based on a flawless argument. Not every United North America supporter has a hatred of this Canada; infact you will find the majority of supporters actually have a fondness of this country.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy, you are conserned with a North American Union when we can not even get Free Trade for real. What makes you think we will ever get a North American Union ?
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Buddy, you are conserned with a North American Union when we can not even get Free Trade for real. What makes you think we will ever get a North American Union ?

You have some pretty big mis conceptions about UNA, we don't support NAU. Economic intergration does not equate to NAU, we don't advocate for political union, nor do we advocate that Mexico become part of the deal. Infact many of us support the idea that the United States should take the leadership role in the Commenwealth & advocate for a Commenwealth free trade deal.

For more information I invite you to take a look at Mr. Wheelers proposal: http://www.unitednorthamerica.org

Even if you don't agree with Mr. Wheeler take a look on the board on such posters as O.W. Kenobi & Milton.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what, if Canada and the USA can have real free trade, and a common security force may be a good Idea. If those two things can be done and they allow for real free trade and free movement between Canada and the USA. I would suggest that the rest will not be a problem ! Action and results with make it happen or lack of action will see to it that it does not happen !
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Quote:
Infact many of us support the idea that the United States should take the leadership role in the Commenwealth & advocate for a Commenwealth free trade deal.

Has the U.S. government ever commented about joining the Commonwealth.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I would found a galactic empire, and try to find a young, powerful apprentice...

So far, this is still the best answer... and it's what Jean Chretien did... :lol:

-Mac
hamiltonguyo

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commonwealth Free Trade

Representation by Population for MPs (except for Territories)

Senate Elected and Effective, but not entirely equal (We can't have Provinces like PEI having equal reps as Ontario, but we need a chamber where Smaller regions have extra influence)

Reorganize the CBC into a profitable Media Empire. Collect Dividends.

Anything the Military needs it gets.

All new Government Buildings are LEED

Eliminate GST.

Income Splitting.

High Speed Rail Quebec to Windsor and Calgary to Edmonton (Service would be competitive with Arlines, help VIA make money and be good for the Environment)

Stop piecemeal funding to Provinces and Municipalities. Have a Standard application they can make for 1/3rd funds for certain projects.

The Project would have to meet the Triple Bottom Line:

Does it create significant economic benefits?

Is it environmentally & financially sustainable?

Will it not require constant federal funding?

Any money left over goes towards the debt.

Last thing I do with my Majority?

Implement Mixed Member Proportional Representation:

3/4s of seats in a Province are First Past the Post (Left Side of the Ballot)

1/4 are assigned by the Proportion of vote the Party received on the Party Vote (Right Side of Ballot)

The People that fill the Party Seats are the defeated constituency members with the Highest number of votes from that Party.

Say Party X was to get 1 List Seat

Candidate J(X) had 600 votes in his riding

Candidate H(X) had 10 000 votes in his riding

and

Candidate L(X) had 9 000 votes in her riding.

Lets say Candidate H wins her riding seat. She can not fill a List Seat then. between Candidate L and J, L had the most votes of a defeated candidate of Party X and therefore receives the Party's List Seat.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell Via Rail, let Via build the high speed service between Caglary and Edmonton, aswell as other places like the Quebec City to Windsor Coridor, ha I would buy Via and take it public
And CBC sell that to me also, CBC would be a tax payer and pay profits to investors and all staff as will Via
Forget about that complecated seat sceam population growth is a good measure for New seats
Build shipyards on both coasts and open up the North West Passage to our ships that we will build for service to Asia, Europe and North America. Not to mention the Natural Resources that we will develope in the North
Free Trade for real with our American Friends
Canada , Canadians first !
hamiltonguyo

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIA rail can't function without government support because of the continued support for Bus and cars and Airlines and Airports.

So Sell VIA Rail but only when we stop subsidizing Roads, and Sell all the Airports and offer no more Bailouts for bankrupt airlines.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree we have been paying taxes on fuel sales for as long as we have been building roads, as for the airports we are taxed on using these as well as your tax dollars also build and expand the whole sysytem. Infact I think that John Q Public is paying fo themr twice. If we would just us the taxes collected for the reason they where applied in the first place would help. For example 5 cents per liter in Vancouver goes to the GVRD. Plaus you have the so called road tax plus GST. all was to build and sevice the roads but the gst. for example BC paysover 850 million a year in road gas tax a year to Ottawa!
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell all the Crown Corperations just so long as they are sold to tax payers that paid for them in the first place. Canada and Canadoans first !If no Canadians want to buy them then shop them arround to anybody who does !
Sell me Via I will make it work !

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: