Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fhilliard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Have I got Bad Breath? Reply with quote

I wonder, or is it that I regularly write about Muslims at Mesopotamia West? Either way, a lot of my posts never make it to the Blogging Tories blogroll. Just enough of my posts have made it onto the roll that I can't say I've been blackballed, but I wonder what's going on.

It makes me think I should start looking for an accumulator that isn't quite so politically correct.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas I could care less, I post once in awhile myself but don't see any problem with this. My posts don't make it here either, I suspect it's either to do with more to do with quality, or perhaps we have to earn our way. Oh well I guess! :!:
fhilliard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Quality indeed Reply with quote

Well, I guess I'd better just do better. Thanks for joining me in the back benches (or beyond).
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it has to do with how far down the blogroll is on your blog? there was a post a while ago by Craig about certain members not pulling their weight. Maybe move the blogroll above your archived posts... that's what I do.

With my blog I put a blogging tories link near the top - the blogroll for BT is so big that I have to put ottawabloggers above it, so to make up for that I make sure to give BT a prominent place on the blog(the majority of my traffic comes from BT, it's only fair).

If it makes u feel better, my posts are never featured. But I think that's because I didn't give craig my RSS feed when I signed up(BTW craig, if you're reading this and want that info I'd be happy to send it your way)

I've never found political correctness to be a problem within BT though..
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put frame breaking code on your page. You are absolutely free to do so. But we are absolutely free not to include you in the aggregator if you choose to do so. Read the rules on the join page. If you want to get our traffic then you need to swallow your pride and play by the same rules as everyone else.

BTW: Ideologically I agree with your posts. And even if I didn't this has nothing to do with your content.

Quote:
It makes me think I should start looking for an accumulator that isn't quite so politically correct.

I explained this to you in the comments on your blog. I told you that the reason you were taken out of the aggregator is because you implemented frame breaking code. So don't come here and pretend like we are excluding you out of "political correctness". If you want to find another blogroll that doesn't have any membership rules be my guest.

Last edited by Craig on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
If it makes u feel better, my posts are never featured. But I think that's because I didn't give craig my RSS feed when I signed up(BTW craig, if you're reading this and want that info I'd be happy to send it your way)

I didn't realize this biggie. Of course I will add you. Send me your RSS feed!

UPDATE: You have been added biggie
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
biggie rection wrote:

I didn't realize this biggie. Of course I will add you. Send me your RSS feed!

UPDATE: You have been added biggie

Ah, great! thanks Craig.

Jump to: