Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Mark Holland and wrecking Canada's Economy Reply with quote

Just saw Holland on Mike Duffy and he seemed fine with eradicating 1% of GDP (ie jobs jobs jobs) to tackle emissions.Why isn't the media picking up on this? They seem content to under report the economic consequences of meeting our targets. A bias perhaps?
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mark Holland and wrecking Canada's Economy Reply with quote

KPK wrote:
Just saw Holland on Mike Duffy and he seemed fine with eradicating 1% of GDP (ie jobs jobs jobs) to tackle emissions.Why isn't the media picking up on this? They seem content to under report the economic consequences of meeting our targets. A bias perhaps?

I saw the same interview he even went after the auto sector. I dont know if you can even say "under report" I havent heard much at all on economic consequences from MSM.
Sheldon Moore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KYOTO= Liberal weapon of mass corruption.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seemed relatively unconcerned with Alberta's reaction - so much so as to basically attack Stelmach! He said Stelmach twisted his words? Stelmach wasn't alone then, almost everyone I know took his words to mean that they would go on the offensive with the oilsands in mind.
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read in the G&M about old shit for brains - John Bennett of the Sierra Club stating that Baird is lying about our ability to meet our targets by 2012. This man is a complete moron. He should go back to school, get an engineering degree then take a test with the following questions:

1) How long does it take to build a nuclear reactor?
2) How long does it take to build a pipeline to sequester CO2 that is 100km long?
3) How much labor is required to the build the above?
4) How much labor is required to retrofit 2 million Canadian Homes per annum for energy efficiency?
5) How much will the above cost?

Last edited by KPK on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love how ignorant Liberal cultist get they are the worst kinds of people in this nation.
Pocketfisherman

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Holland is a twitt. I would like to put Mark Holland, Dulton McSquinty's brother and Scott Ried on a rocket to Mars.
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketfisherman wrote:
Mark Holland is a twitt. I would like to put Mark Holland, Dulton McSquinty's brother and Scott Ried on a rocket to Mars.

I agree. We should send them back to where they came from.
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an idiot. Meanwhile Buzz Loudmouth and Taliban Jack are complaining about 2000 jobs about to be lost at Chrysler. These morons just do not get it and have the stupidity to not realise it is they who are causing these losses.
biggie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissedoff wrote:
What an idiot. Meanwhile Buzz Loudmouth and Taliban Jack are complaining about 2000 jobs about to be lost at Chrysler. These morons just do not get it and have the stupidity to not realise it is they who are causing these losses.

exactly. In question period yesterday they tried to bring this up, and the PM said very specifically that it was an international business decision and that it had nothing to do with conditions in Canada. It was great.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper is a good I hope he gets a Majority.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... he seemed fine with eradicating 1% of GDP

Does this strike anyone else as a bit low, considering we could shut down all transportation and manufacturing, and still not hit the targets?
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Quote:
... he seemed fine with eradicating 1% of GDP

Does this strike anyone else as a bit low, considering we could shut down all transportation and manufacturing, and still not hit the targets?
'

Excellent point, I've often wondered how they have come up with these numbers... Because to me it seems like it can only be conjecture.Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that some generalization of the planet at 1% GDP doesn't apply to every country - what might cost england 1% of their GDP[1.93 Trillion], could cost Canada much much more. Think about the differences in our countries. Their population is twice the size of ours, in an area significantly smaller(Canada is over 37 times larger in landmass). We rely on resources and manufacturing a lot more than they do. Our winters are significantly more harsh. etc.. etc...

also, since 1% MUST be rounded(up or down), what is the real figure?

According to the CIA world Factbook(anyone notice they have goderich on the map!? if you've been there, you'll understand how ridiculous that is), our GDP is 1.165 trillion, so basically 10 billion will take care of global warming?

So the last Budget surplus could have completely ended this whole "crisis"? I doubt it..
If it was so inexpensive to solve this problem, why did the liberals drag their feet on it? The cost has most certainly risen since kyoto was signed...
Mike1984

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Libs want to implement National Energy Program 2.

They want to control all of Alberta's wealth and kill the Canadian economy.

People like Mark Holland and Stephane Dion are a serious risk to the future of this country. If Dion wins the next election, Alberta may set the wheels in motion to separate.

Jump to: