Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Layton urges Harper to act on climate change before budget Reply with quote

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story.....imate.html

"I think Mr. Harper is simply going to have to change direction," Layton said. "Surely it's time for him to abandon his somewhat ideological grip on old views and take a new approach."

This seems to be a more controlled and rational Jack Layton, because I really cannot disagree with anything that was said.

We need a solution prior to the election being called, because its a hot topic and as such need to be dealt with.

This is a very interesting situation, because of the four national parties I would say the NDP and the Tories are seen as the two weakest on Environment by the general voting public and the media.

If the NDP and the Tories worked together to resolve the greenhouse gas issue before the next election you would basically clip Dion's wings and de-rail the Greens.

Minority governments make strange bed fellows, and right now the NDP and Tories have everything to gain on working as a team toward a common goal, and unlike the NDP/Liberal Alliance that Martin had is that Harper an easily brush off the "deal with the devil" as working together on an issue that goes beyond partisan politics, and of course Jack can use that to qwell the masses that hate Harper.

from the lack of "Attack" words within Laytons speech, I think something is clearly cooking.

Jump to: