Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you vote for?
John McCain
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Newt Gingrich
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Rudy Giuliani
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Tom Tancredo
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sam Brownback
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Mitt Romney
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Mike Huckabee
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Condoleeza Rice
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
other
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus it would allow the US to prevent itself from moving to illreason.
Maranatha07

Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condoleeza rice doesn't want the top job in the U.S. she has already stated that. her prefered job is top job of the N.F.L.(football for those who do not follow sports)
winchry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Giuliani 4 Prez Reply with quote

I think Giuliani would be able to make the Republicans more centrist. They could regain the respect of many people angry with Bush with Giuliani because he would help reuinite the country, recalling memerories of 9/11. He could also rivitailize the war on terror. Forget about Irag and go to where the problems really are.

He also offer the best chance for the Republicans to win. Since there is no doubt Obama or Clinton will win the Democratic leadership, a high profile candicate is going to be running against the Republicans. The Republicans need a candidate who already has a profile. Another added bonus is that Giuliani has a positive image with most people.

Giuliani's centrist ideas would help the republicans make gains in Democratic areas as well. The south is a Republican lock, so if he could bring over some right wing republicans from democratic states, a huge victory could be at hand.
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Giuliani would be able to make the Republicans more centrist. They could regain the respect of many people angry with Bush

This is the biggest thing Republicans must do in order to have any chance to win, find a candidate who is markedly different than Dubya. If it's more of the same, there's no hope for them to win.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Forget about Irag and go to where the problems really are...

And there are more honest-to-goodness Al-Qaeda in Iraq right now than any where else in the world, even the Pashtuns in Afstan. For better or worse, the Americans went there, and they need to win that fight. It will pay massive dividends if they can keep their resolve, as we must do in Afgahnistan.
ebolablue

Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Richardson, of any candidate, has the best experience to be a quality President, of any ideology. There's a reason that Governors, or other folk that arn't from the Senate/House, always seem to win. Being President is a massive administrative job, more like being a Governor or General than a legislator, anybody can vote on bills, but few people can effectively administer the free world.

On a gut basis, not ideologically picked, I'd put money on Gore/Richardson vs Giuliani/Romney (I originally had McCain/Huckabee as my bet)
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebolablue wrote:
Bill Richardson, of any candidate, has the best experience to be a quality President, of any ideology. There's a reason that Governors, or other folk that arn't from the Senate/House, always seem to win. Being President is a massive administrative job, more like being a Governor or General than a legislator, anybody can vote on bills, but few people can effectively administer the free world.

On a gut basis, not ideologically picked, I'd put money on Gore/Richardson vs Giuliani/Romney (I originally had McCain/Huckabee as my bet)

If I had to support a Dem, it'd be Richardson. He's a rare kinda Democrat is that he has credibility on national security.

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who likes Mike Huckabee. It's a shame he isn't doing better.
Len

Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4Reputation: 9.4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like any of them but if I have to choose from that list (and obviously I have to lol) my choice would be Rudy Giuliani.
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: richardson Reply with quote

I think you'd find that Richardson would mirror Bill Clinton in scandals. Apparently the good Governor of NM can't keep his hands off the ladies, even in public.

I'm surprised so many "conservatives" are as gun-ho for Giuliani as there are. Rudy was a good mayor, but there's no way he can win the GOP base with his stance that abortions should be publicly funded and for gun control. The NRA will doom him as will any real conservative candidate that debates him on those issues. That said, Rudy would probably make a great Sec. of Defense or Sec. of State.

McCain is looking old and tired, but he too would be a good Sec. of Defense and maybe even a VP candidate. The establishment candidates who can generate the most fundraising notoriously win. Capturing the base will mean capturing the nomination.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitt Romney for President and Duncan Hunter for VP

:evil:
ebolablue

Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he runs the free world better than these inept fools in the current administration, he can touch whatever the hell he wants. Hell, I'd rather have blowjob scandals than ones where CIA Spys are outed, and the Department of Justice is politicized.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len wrote:
I don't like any of them but if I have to choose from that list (and obviously I have to lol) my choice would be Rudy Giuliani.

I'd like to see Giuliani as well... he's marketable, and he's got some good ideas. I worry about his stance on illegal immigration though.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite his age, McCain. I believe he can bring some calm to the White House, plus he has experience, and not as much baggage as Rudy.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hell, I'd rather have blowjob scandals than ones where CIA Spys are outed, and the Department of Justice is politicized.

Do you have some kind of switch where you scrutinize the media's coverage of the CPC, and blindly accept the media's coverage of the Bush Administration? The whole Plame case was a fake controversy created by the media and some very dishonest people in an attempt to bring down Dick Cheney, and the recent headlines about the DOJ are absurd. No one in the administration is politicizing it, at least not more than any Democratic administration has in the past - now those were political purges.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody talks about Mike Huckabee, I really like the fellow.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: