Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
The tory attack ad speaks the truth on what this puppet really is....He is nothing more then a drone.

I really have not seen enough of Dion to determine if he is a puppet or not,

Some have gone as far as to call him Jean Chretien puppet, but he has avoided the spotlight like a Vampire since he was elected, I find that he always wants to speak in a VERY controlled environment, I think his handlers understand that Dion left to his own devices will tarnish that "new paint" on the Liberal Party.

I wouldn't go as far as to call him a drone, although if you asked me to coin a nickname for him it would have to be "Re-Run" because he is using all the same plays out of the old Liberal handbook.

Perhaps when he does more to establish himself we can determine how puppet-esk he truly is.
cosmostein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tory Ad Campaign Reply with quote

cbasu wrote:

Attack ads on an opponent work only when there is a 1:1 earned media. I can just see it now -- the evening newscasts will run the ads, frame it as a "desperate gamble", and invite Dion to respond thus giving him free media exposure while simultaneously making him a sympathetic figure.

Boy, the internal polls must be absolutely horrendous for Harper to have authorised such an extraordinary move. The Liberals tried the same nonsense against Harper in 2005/2006 - surely someone at the Conservative "brain trust" would have learned something from the dismal results of that exercise.

Update Jan 28 10:27 p.m.: Modified one qualifier. Included reference to the ads.

I disagree,

As I stated earlier the majority of Canadians know the name "Dion" but really cannot associate it with anything other then "He is not Paul Martin or Jean Chretien" which is a perk, and right now the Liberals still have that "New Party Shine"

With that said most Canadians cannot make heads or tails of Dion because most Canadians have no idea what he stands for,

Lets not forget Stephen Harper was made leader of the CA on March 20, 2002, which was followed by a summer long blitz of attack ads and Liberal MP's populating the talk show circuit painting him as a right wing cowboy out of Alberta that was out of touch with Ontario,

Most voters had an opinion of Harper, be it right or wrong prior to hearing the man speak, and generally speaking this whole "Harper is scary" stigma served the Liberals VERY well in Ontario and out East.

Right now the Liberals have a leader who is generally unknown to the average voter unlike Paul Martin and Jean Chretien, and are still forming an opinion of the man, we would be foolish not to pounce now.

Generally when it comes to attack ads I am on the fence, I have never been for going after someone for something they did in University or a paper they published a decade prior to public life, or even their business dealings (CSL etc)

But when you have a leader trying to run on a "Green" platform, fall so hard on his face among his peers of all people you simply have to call them on it, Dion is CLEARLY not the visionary of the Environment that he was painted to be and seeing him and the look on his face as he almost begs for mercy screaming "Thats not fair, Thats not fair" "Do you think its easy to make priorities" really does she this "Great Leader" in a very different light.

And for most Canadians it will be the first time they have seen him speak, and its on a topic that is his "BIG Platformer" and he goes splat.

I can see why you want to play the sympathetic figure card, but its not justified.
Its not a grainy picture of Dion with a voice over claiming he is the white devil, its his own words that he used less then six months ago?

If he can't defend himself against what he actually said how is he going to stand up to cleaning up the mess left by others within his party?
cosmostein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM Schwartz wrote:
This isn't the first time a party has run ads outside an election campaign

Take a walk down memory back to pre-2004 federal election...

http://kitchenerconservative.b.....-were.html

Nice Catch,

I nearly forgot about the "If Stephen Harper becomes PM, you'll have two options -- be rich or don't get sick." attack ads that came MONTHS prior to the 2004 election being called.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be watching the bowl game on a US high def channel, so I probably won't be seeing these ads. Or any other lame Canadian ads inserted. I plan to start watching about 2 hours late, and fast forward through all the boring parts. I will probably still have to watch the last quarter live.
BLueWLU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link from the Conservative website to the 3 ads that will be on the air now.

http://www.conservative.ca/?se.....uage_id=0#
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the ads had the Go-Daddy girl in them, and there was going to be a "wardrobe malfunction", then I would go out of my way to watch them. Otherwise, from the descriptions, they don't tell me anything that I don't already know.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am harsh on Dion or anyone associated with the liberal Regime and it's goons. The attack ad speaks the truth on what the regime is. It's sad that half of the people in the ease are always gullible towards this Socalist Group of thugs.
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing nobody has mentioned is that the party is so financially strong that they are running ads out of election time, and good on em!
If the media doesnt want to print, film or speak the truth about Dion, then we have to take the message to Canadians some how.
These commercials will upset some people but they are the weak leftists anyway. The CPC needs bigger voter turn out in the next election and these type ads are going to get the people out.
It is going to scare the everday Joe and Joanne enough to get their butts of the couch and go vote!
Us political geeks know the truth, die-hard liberals and NDP are living in LALA Land, the everyday Canadians that are not informing themselves (headline readers) are screwing this country up.
So if they dont want to inform themselves and the media wants to stay on the left, then so be it. If the CPC has the money and resources to burn the TRUTH into Jo and Joannes brain so be it.
Good on em'!!!
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ads seem like there done out of desperation...the same broken record over and over again.

When I look at polls and they show libs at 35% you can pretty well count on them being a quebec 35%...and when you see cons at 33% you can pretty well count on them being the rest of the country.Guess which decides who wins?

Jo and Joanne would have to be living at alert with no radio or tv to of not heard this overplayed broken record.

The last one "not a leader" is pretty good and well made. That one will make liberals think twice. It would be more effective if there was an actual election happening. I don't think they will backfire as they aren't all that negative and personel.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally disagree on it begin a act of desperation. the Conservatives are putting Canada on the right track to becoming a republic. That i hope will happen after my lifetime what this ad is doing is showing how Dion is a drone and mouthpiece of the Liberal regime.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the beginning of the organized effort to brand Dion in a way that is favorable to the CPC. Expect a steady stream of this over the next few months. Then when the election call comes, they switch to policy, having done all they can to brand Dion negatively.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
I personally disagree on it begin a act of desperation. the Conservatives are putting Canada on the right track to becoming a republic.

Harper is a monarchist!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy Kat wrote:
The last one "not a leader" is pretty good and well made. That one will make liberals think twice. It would be more effective if there was an actual election happening. I don't think they will backfire as they aren't all that negative and personel.

The ads simply feature Liberals attacking themselves. How could they backfire on the Conservatives? They are Liberal attack ads not Conservative attack ads.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Buddy Kat wrote:

The ads simply feature Liberals attacking themselves. How could they backfire on the Conservatives? They are Liberal attack ads not Conservative attack ads.

Canadians have a nack to do as the media tells them.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why Majority of Canadians are brainwashed and are absolute drones when it comes to kowtowing to their precious media.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: