Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do we stand?
United States of North America
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
United States of Canada
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Federal Commenwealth
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
The Republic of Canada
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
The Independent Republic of Canada
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Status-quo
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
I'm not Canadian
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: The Future of Canada - Where do we Stand? Reply with quote

Where do we stand?

1) United States of North America - Canada join/and/or merge with the United States
2) United States of Canada - northern states join Canada to get away from the more Conservative south :lol:
3) Federal Commenwealth - absolute monarchy giving King Chuickie :cry: more power; immigration prefence to Muslims
4) The Republic of Canada, (remaining in the Commenwealth) - no Queen or King, but remain part of the British Commenwealth
5) The Independent Republic of Canada - break away from the Commenwealth
6) Status-quo
Azimech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference is for a Canadian republic. The monarchy is a medieval anachronism. Political power should be delegated based on merit and popular will, not hereditary.

The United States is a fine country, but I do not see a good reason to join them. Government is generally most accountable when located close to the people. Joining a large country like the United States would only further distance the ordinary person from decision-makers.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azimech wrote:

The United States is a fine country, but I do not see a good reason to join them. Government is generally most accountable when located close to the people. Joining a large country like the United States would only further distance the ordinary person from decision-makers.

Indeed, I find American politics to be extremely money-driven. Almost all American politicians are rich fat-cats. Canadian politics is a lot closer to the people. I like it that way(Even if it does end up being liberal rule a lot of the time)
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I don't care what happens to Canada. I vote for the Republic of Alberta!
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a United Republic of Canada with States made up of Alberta,Quebec,Martime Provinces would solve the solution of unity. I am for the Republic and i denounce those who support the Monarchy.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One option I forgot was the idea of economic intergration with the United States, & I don't mean the North American Union idea.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americans must be out of their minds to unite with us Canadians
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict Canada will stay comfortable in the status quo for the next 3 decades, and may become an independant Republic sometime around 2045. As for my preference ? My sig says it all :lol:

I'd actually prefer status quo for the current power of the monarchy, but also more prominence in our everyday lives. I'd like to see a Commonwealth Free Trade Agreement (eventually including the US), as well as a Commonwealth defence / anti-terror pact, and a revamping of our immigration system to grant more preference to immigrants from Commonwealth countries, and recognizes all Commonwealth education and certifications at relative parity.

Quote:
...absolute monarchy giving King Chuickie more power...
I'll admit that I'm not looking forward to King Charles, either, to be honest. I'd be much more comfortable with King William.
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer closer cooperation within the Anglosphere, and eventually a common market for English-speaking countries.

I think a King William is certainly in the cards sometime soon. I've heard there is a possibility that the Queen might just cut Chucky out of the loop and hand the crown down to William.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada as a Indepedent Republic more align with the US.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to see a Commonwealth Free Trade Agreement (eventually including the US), as well as a Commonwealth defence / anti-terror pact, and a revamping of our immigration system to grant more preference to immigrants from Commonwealth countries, and recognizes all Commonwealth education and certifications at relative parity.

Yes! That's exactly what I was going to write however I'd like to see more of an "Anglosphere" pact made as opposed to a Commonwealth based one because the commonwealth has some pretty corrupt countries in it.

This Anglosphere pact would include at first:

- UK
- Ireland
- Canada
- Australia
- New Zealand

Then it could include:
- South Africa
- India
- USA (their protectionist tendencies would mean that they'd take longer to join and may not fully participate.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US tends to lean anywhere but as Canada needs to be a Republic. First priorty would be a trade with the US as well as other esstienals in Strengthen the Missle Defence Shield and relationship.....13 years of Liberal Regime Rule has clouded many Canadians judgement especially in Cole Harbour.
Maranatha07

Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a vote for what we desire or what we think will happen. We are certainly moving towards a North American Union, hence all the loose immigration policies. I think the powers that be will try to merge all four nations together, in spite of our resistence. The same way it is happening in Europe. One day Canada, the U.S., mexico, and Quebec will be the North American Union a.k.a Oceana(see '1984'). But i am happy with the status quo, although i wouldn't mind if California fell into the sea(j/k, lol!)The balance of power will move west in Canada as it has in the U.S. as more people and money move west(people may even move back to Saskatchewan, who knows)
cerl7011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a national referendum on becoming a Republic (and I would love to see it win!)...that will solve the Quebec problem, and the rising Alberta/Western seperation problem...let's move away from the tired old monarchy and elect a Canadian head of state...the formation of a Republic would mean a complete overhaul of the system which would open up the possiblity of making our democracy a touch more fair (ie. PR or STV or something)...

plus The Republic of Canada has a nice ring to it...

erl

PS---what would Canadians who favor a republic be called?...Republicans?...
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cerl7011 wrote:
I would love to see a national referendum on becoming a Republic (and I would love to see it win!)...that will solve the Quebec problem, and the rising Alberta/Western seperation problem...let's move away from the tired old monarchy and elect a Canadian head of state...the formation of a Republic would mean a complete overhaul of the system which would open up the possiblity of making our democracy a touch more fair (ie. PR or STV or something)...

plus The Republic of Canada has a nice ring to it...

erl

PS---what would Canadians who favor a republic be called?...Republicans?...

Liberals would be Democrats, Cons would be republicans. The republic idea would lose at this time because of the if it a'int broken don't fix it mentality. Eventually Canada will either join the US in one form or another or become a Republic, but we are atleast 20-40 years from that goal. The Monarchy League still has too tight of a grip on Canadian society.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: