Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do we stand?
United States of North America
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
United States of Canada
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Federal Commenwealth
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
The Republic of Canada
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
The Independent Republic of Canada
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Status-quo
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
I'm not Canadian
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand for a Indepdent Canadian Republic with 10 states,4 terrtories with a Congress which is respective and not loud as Parliement. With a Canadian Senate that is equal in representition of all Provinces,Terrtories and Native peoples and for Canadian Presidency that will be elected by the people for the people in 4 year terms.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joahob wrote:

The important thing is do they adhere to Western values?

There you go - that's the answer right there. "Real Brit" or "Real Canadian" has nothing to do with origin, skin colour or even language - it has to do with an understanding and adherence to our common values. That doesn't require having the same religion, or even the same outlook on the way the country should be run. What it does require is an understanding that we are a free and just society that treasures those values. Standing up for peace, prosperity and equality(in whichever form you choose to reach these) is what it means to be a "real" citizen in either of these countries.
tom

Reputation: 7.4Reputation: 7.4Reputation: 7.4Reputation: 7.4Reputation: 7.4Reputation: 7.4Reputation: 7.4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid the reality is the country of ABC in my lifetime, with Sask and Manitoba joining. I believe what you are seeing played out in Parliament is the beginning of the end and the Eastern Media is expediating it.
The next election will see the Liberals fighting it on Alberta's back, thereby garnering the short-sighted Ontario and Maritime vote, with envy votes from Quebec. With an Eastern Liberal Government ,we will see the largest vote block in history by Albertans to take their mney and go. BC will have no choice but to go with Alberta because it can't carry the rest of whats left of Canada. It will take a nanno second for the other two western provinces to know that they too are unable to grow and carry the balance on their backs.
Well at least CBC will find its just rewards as the money tree withers and dies.
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I stand for a Indepdent Canadian Republic with 10 states,4 terrtories

What's the fourth territory?

I'm generally not in favor of a republic (unless we are talking about joining the United States). I'm sort of a monarchist. Sort of. But I think are system needs some crucial reforms.

Actually I wouldn't mind it as much if the Americans acknowledged their treachery and reintroduced the Crown as their head of state. :lol:
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that people got so worked up about the Sharia law when:

1) it would have only applied to family an contract law and contract law can be based on whatever you want. It is a "legal world unto itself" as the law schools say. You could draw up a contract based on the principles of the United Federation of Planets and as long as it met Canadian standards it would be enforcible by courts.

2) it would have had to be approved by a court to make sure that it met Canadian legal standards

3) other groups like Jewish groups, had done the same thing for years with family law agreement and contracts which were based on Jewish traditions
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Soviet Kanuckistan
Translated
Ottawa-Hull
biggie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

Soviet Kanuckistan
Translated
Ottawa-Hull

woah woah - ottawa is right in the west... its downtown and east and ottawa-vanier are left.
Hull, well we don't like being associated with them :wink:

Sorry, gotta stick up for this city - its a love/hate thing.

Incidently, I see ur from sarnia - I lived in Forest for about a year(99 to 2000)
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forest is an nice town - convenient beer store, on the way to the Lake.

:wink:
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

Soviet Kanuckistan
Translated
Ottawa-Hull

Fourth Territory is Labador setting up a place when Labarodians can have a say will be a option for the Republice of Canada. It will also solve the Quebec seperation issue.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In modern times Canada is Canada, 10,000 years in the future historians will not know that Canada even existed, infact they will say the northern land was part of Britian, eventually after the fall it became part of the United States Empire. Only great nations are remembered, dependent nations are forgotten which gets me wondering how many nations existed in the ancient past that have been erased from history.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
I stand for a Indepdent Canadian Republic with 10 states,4 terrtories with a Congress which is respective and not loud as Parliement. With a Canadian Senate that is equal in representition of all Provinces,Terrtories and Native peoples and for Canadian Presidency that will be elected by the people for the people in 4 year terms.

I have to ask this question to everyone, America has territories, so doesn't Britian, they don't count as part of the total landmass, but here in Canada we have 3 territories connected with 10 provinces & yet they are counted as part of the total landmass. So I have to wonder is Canada really the second largest country in the world? Should the three northern territories even be counted as part of Canada's land mass? If so should not Britian's & America's territories be counted as well with their respected countries as part of the total landmass? :idea:
cerl7011

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Personally I'd like to see Alaska as our 4th territory...I don't think they'd go for it, but it would make the landmass more even, plus there's a large amount of natural reasources there...

erl

http://mrerl.blogspot.com
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cerl7011 wrote:
Quote:

Personally I'd like to see Alaska as our 4th territory...I don't think they'd go for it, but it would make the landmass more even, plus there's a large amount of natural reasources there...

erl

Independent Republic will allow Canada to be free, TO choose their destiny and solve the sep problem in Quebece for Republic to be sucessful in Canada it must shake off the Monarchy.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
cerl7011 wrote:
Quote:

erl

Independent Republic will allow Canada to be free, TO choose their destiny and solve the sep problem in Quebece for Republic to be sucessful in Canada it must shake off the Monarchy.

Not necessary Fillmore, though I'm a hardcore anti monarchist not all Republics have such freedom. China is Communist & a republic, the Sovient Union threw off Nicholas II & formed a Communist Republic. The current Canadian Republican movments are led by hardcore Liberals, as it currently stands the majority of Conservatives are either hard core monarchists or pro Republics in the form of joining the United States. Independent Republicans of Canada are way too left, where do you think that leads, not very good eh.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!@#@! guess i was getting too overtop....Gotta calm down and think clearly. My bad on the Republic issue.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: