Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do we stand?
United States of North America
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
United States of Canada
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Federal Commenwealth
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
The Republic of Canada
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
The Independent Republic of Canada
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Status-quo
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
I'm not Canadian
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cool Blue"]
Quote:

This Anglosphere pact would include at first:

- UK
- Ireland
- Canada
- Australia
- New Zealand

Leave the UK out of it, they are becomming a Muslim country. I'm for bringing real Brits to Canada, carving out a portion of this country & calling it Britiana. :idea:
Maranatha07

Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't we send the muslims to La France? I like the old country(UK), don't want to give it up to quick. Send the muslims to the continent
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becoming a republic would do nothing to solve the Quebec issue. Having the Queen is just a minor irritant to them, nothing really worth putting any effort in to change.

IMO, becoming a republic is too much trouble for what its worth. We can spend out political capital on other things.
Stephen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:

Leave the UK out of it, they are becomming a Muslim country. I'm for bringing real Brits to Canada, carving out a portion of this country & calling it Britiana. :idea:

Excuse me? "Real Brits"? Muslims are not "real Brits"? Are Muslims in Canada not "real Canadians"?

I'm getting tired of these bigoted statements on these forums. Keep it up and I'll ask you to PFO.
Stephen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maranatha07 wrote:
why don't we send the muslims to La France? I like the old country(UK), don't want to give it up to quick. Send the muslims to the continent

Forced emigration eh? In this country we don't roll like that. Please refrain from making bigoted remarks on the forum.
Maranatha07

Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6Reputation: 7.6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, that was not a bigoted statement he made. those of us who follow it realize there is a concerted effort to send muslim people to western nations to supplant the native populations, and to islamify(if that is a word) them. Many muslims are not interested in naturalizing into their host countries. European leaders, round about the 1970's signed agreements with muslim nations offering to take on enormous muslim populations with little or no restrictions on the muslims, but significant restrictions on the host countries and their populace. i do not recall the name of the agreement, but as soon as i find it i will post it. The netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, and France are all having significant issues with these new muslim peoples that refuse to assimilate. Van Gogh ring a bell.. i don't think people are hostile to muslims as individuals, but hostile to this near "invasion" . this is a calculated effort. if you are not happy with my allegations, i will be more than happy to spend the week presenting source upon source for your review, to prove my point. Jihadwatch is a good starting point though.
Stephen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maranatha07 wrote:
Stephen, that was not a bigoted statement he made. those of us who follow it realize there is a concerted effort to send muslim people to western nations to supplant the native populations, and to islamify(if that is a word) them. Many muslims are not interested in naturalizing into their host countries. European leaders, round about the 1970's signed agreements with muslim nations offering to take on enormous muslim populations with little or no restrictions on the muslims, but significant restrictions on the host countries and their populace. i do not recall the name of the agreement, but as soon as i find it i will post it. The netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, and France are all having significant issues with these new muslim peoples that refuse to assimilate. Van Gogh ring a bell.. i don't think people are hostile to muslims as individuals, but hostile to this near "invasion" . this is a calculated effort. if you are not happy with my allegations, i will be more than happy to spend the week presenting source upon source for your review, to prove my point. Jihadwatch is a good starting point though.

Define a "real Brit" for me then please.
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The country will break up with Quebec and Western Canada going their separate ways.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:

Excuse me? "Real Brits"? Muslims are not "real Brits"? Are Muslims in Canada not "real Canadians"?

I'm getting tired of these bigoted statements on these forums. Keep it up and I'll ask you to PFO.

That's a very Liberal statement, then I guess you better PFO Craig as well, he has made statements himself on CL.
Maranatha07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, Please reread my last post. It was not a bigoted statement, simply because you have trouble understanding the ideas behind it. We have wide-open doors to allow muslims to come into our countries, and then reshape them( remember Sharia law for Ontario?). This is not in accordance with past methods of immigration into our countries(certainly not the U.S. atleast).
You also say Canada is not like that? Both Canada and the U.S. had such regarding our First Nations populations, even encouraging extermination. Very sad, deplorable chapters of our histories, but very real('The Illustrated History of Canada' by Craig Brown is my source for Canadian History). Because these immigrations( mexican immigrations in the U.S.) conceived for the detriment of our western nations, we should be allowed to uninvite them, send them back.
there seems to be a palpable dislike of these immigrations in the english -speaking nations, that I have not seen printed about France or the other continental nations(maybe because of PC and hate speech laws). That was why I singled out France. I do not hate muslims, per se. I do hate these immigration policies, and the spirit in which the muslims immigrating now are arriving. I will find that agreement I aforementioned, and post again. I am not a bigot. Just informed and a bit afraid.
Maranatha07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does PFO mean?
Stephen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hope that you can define a "real Brit" for me then please.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maranatha07 wrote:
Stephen, Please reread my last post. It was not a bigoted statement, simply because you have trouble understanding the ideas behind it.

We all know what you meant by it... frankly we try to uphold a certain level of discussion. It's bad enough that we have the left out there saying we're all untollerable, but then to have conservatives actually reinforce that? This site is viewed by a lot of people, I'm not sure if you stopped to think about that - what you say goes beyond just these forums. And even if it didn't, there's no need for comments like that.

Quote:
We have wide-open doors to allow muslims to come into our countries, and then reshape them( remember Sharia law for Ontario?). This is not in accordance with past methods of immigration into our countries(certainly not the U.S. atleast).

You'll remember that this has been "outlawed". Although Dalton has been dragging his feet on this one. Perhaps a discussion on the downsides of Sharia would be in order. There are also many good things that muslims have brought to our country, including in many cases, themselves. Try some Pakistani food... you'll understand.

Quote:
You also say Canada is not like that? Both Canada and the U.S. had such regarding our First Nations populations, even encouraging extermination.

That occured a long time ago, a different time when that kind of behaviour was considered a norm. Our country has come a long way since then, and for the better. The last thing we need to do is revert.

Quote:
Very sad, deplorable chapters of our histories, but very real('The Illustrated History of Canada' by Craig Brown is my source for Canadian History). Because these immigrations( mexican immigrations in the U.S.) conceived for the detriment of our western nations, we should be allowed to uninvite them, send them back.

Absolutely not. Once someone is a Canadian citizen they have every right to stay here. Even if they commit a crime, they have the right to be put through the Canadian Justice System. As a person who's parents were both immigrants, and who has a lot of immigrant friends I think that assertion is one of the most ridiculous and inflamatory comments I've ever read. You're basically asking us to selectively choose who can have civil liberties and who cannot; that's not our way. A better solution is more stringent immigration policies.

Quote:
I do not hate muslims, per se.

Per se?

Quote:
I do hate these immigration policies, and the spirit in which the muslims immigrating now are arriving. I will find that agreement I aforementioned, and post again.

Perhaps your problem is that you fail to use any sort of qualifiers.. you could say "in which many muslims immigrating". It is important that you realize(and specify) that you are talking about(and understand) that not all muslims are like that.

Quote:
I am not a bigot. Just informed and a bit afraid.

Being informed means understanding both sides of the situation. As both someone who is concerned about the spread of Islam, and someone who has a great friend who is muslim, I can tell you that not all muslim's are "out to get us". Moreover, there is a "moderate" muslim; although the "moderate" population does need to be more vocal in their oposition to extremism.

Interestingly enough, second-generation muslim-canadians are having the same problems as every other Canadian group; their religion is becoming "tainted", many of their members practice only out of being forced to. A lot of them eat pork, drink, smoke, pre-marital sex etc... The changes in their social behaviour in our country are bringing their values in line with ours - but that does take time.
Stephen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:

That's a very Liberal statement, then I guess you better PFO Craig as well, he has made statements himself on CL.

Sorry, but I don't think that speaking out against bigotry is "Liberal". Saying that members of an identifiable minority (even if born in the country) are not "real" citizens is not "Conservative".

The law of this land (and certainly the one the has jurisdiction over these forums) says that you shall not discriminate based upon religion or national origin. Please do not do that here.
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Define a "real Brit" for me then please.

White.
Christian.
Civilized.
European origins.
English-speaking.

However, these are more like general guidelines than actual rules. The important thing is do they adhere to Western values?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: