Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulE-0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: End of multi-culturalism around corner for Canada?..hope so Reply with quote

First the dutch and French and now the British are beginning to realise that multi-culturalism is a destructive policy. Western countries are founded on several key values (most salient in this example would be the inclusion of women) which new immigrants must adopt as THEIR OWN values in order for our society to survive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new.....ulti09.xml
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows you why so many cultures such as Indo-pakistan as well as Eastern European are so paranoid bout changing their ways. If a person wears one thing that is not "Part of their culture" or say's one word of english, they are not consider Moral or part of their race anymore! Now that is sad and upsetting.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The End of Multi Cult? I don't care about those nations mentioned in Europe, however there has been no mention of ending in it in Canada so why should we be excited about this. Until I hear Canadian sheeple get off their as**s the rest of the world could go back to assimilation but the left will continue to get what they want. Remember while Conservative governments dominated in most of the west for 40 years out of 60, Canada voted 40 out of 60 years of Liberal rule. Unfortunately Liberalism though not as far left as Europe, (only because of the United States), is a fundamental religion in Canada.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring Christmas back to Canada...

I've vowed to say Merry Christmas to everyone - even if it costs me my job(not too worried about this)...

F*^& happy holidays...
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason Christmas was taken out of the picture in the States and Canada was the fear of offending Muslims and other non-christians another thing that was affected by 9/11.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attack of Christmas started well before 9/11 ... I blame it on aging hippies, personally.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiculturism has lead to people tolerating age-old traditions and xenophob attiudes that cost few lives. For example two indo-Canadians in B.C were killed, one in india for marrying someone lower caste. While the other was stabbed to death by her own father cause he was bias towards Whites.
Mike_McTory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The attack of Christmas started well before 9/11 ... I blame it on aging hippies, personally.

This has been going on for a long time. I blame alot of the Dippers and the far left liberals for this. Alot of people say they are an oppressed society i.e muslims, jews and so on. Well here in Canada the only sect that seems second rate is people of christianity. We allow people to practice any religion of their choice without threat of persecution in this great country except of course for the christians. Our entire moral fabric comes from christian beliefs and yet we are forced to turn our back on it.

Read todays news this is utterly appaling .. however, Dalton finally said something right..

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/.....8793972154
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada needs a dose of Reality....If there is one place that needs ALOT OF REALITY then it should be Cole Harbour Nova Scotia.
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike_McTory wrote:

Read todays news this is utterly appaling .. however, Dalton finally said something right..

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/.....8793972154

The judge in this case is totally out to lunch and should have her ass kicked off the bench. She doesn't even have her facts correct("..she said it is a Christian symbol"). Referring to the Seattle "tree incident" they were put back, ostensibly because the Rabbi backed down. What they don't mention is that the Rabbi who threatened to sue, didn't have a legal leg to stand on. The U.S. Supreme Court had already ruled that "Christmas trees" are not a religious symbol. I'm no church goer, but even I know the "Christmas tree" is a pagan symbol that pre-dates Christianity. I don't think its mentioned in the Bible in connection to the birth of Christ, is it? The judge also felt it "might alienate people of other creeds and cultures". Is there a law against "alienating" other "creeds and cultures"? Why is it as a citizen born in this country, I am told to embrace and celebrate the cultures of others coming to my country, but am not allowed to do so with my own culture? Death to Multi-Cult!
Glenn

Glenn
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, one of the things that makes US a great country is rivalry between different religious groups down there.

We should have the same thing here too
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think its mentioned in the Bible in connection to the birth of Christ, is it?

Something tells me that Coniferous trees do not grow anywhere near bethlehem. But that is just a hunch

I also suspect that Franklin, Galvani, Volta, Faraday, Ampere, Ohm, Tesla etc... wouldn't have been as famous had flashing lights and stars on tress been used 1700+ years previously

8)
Azimech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The move towards multiculturalism made sense form the perspective of the 1960s. Young posters on this board may not recall the widespread and cruel disregard for ethnic and visible minorities which existed only a few generations ago. Even European ethnic groups like the Italians or Hungarians were subject to nasty and frequent discrimination in this country.

A policy of multiculturalism was effective in some respects in making racism unacceptable and infrequent. The two questions I have are whether further multiculturalism is beneficial or counterproductive. And second whether it is justified to force taxpayers to pay for such programs.

I would reply 'counterproductive' to the first point, and 'no' to the second.

Jump to: