Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in BC since 1990 so I saw the SoCred's self-immolation, then the NDP's period of horrific misrule. Although Gord Campbell seems to have defied the odds, provincial politics in BC is still a blood sport... but no truly conservative party need apply.

During the last provincial election, I decided to throw my vote away on the BC Conservative Party. I spoke to the local candidate and he seemed sincere enough and his head was in the "right" space, so to speak but, of course, he didn't stand a chance.

Campbell ruled from the right in his first term to prevent the province from sliding into bankruptcy but it was done reluctantly. Since the economy stabilized, the BC Liberals moved solidly to the left although I'm sure Jinny Sims and Deb McPherson don't agree.

Christy Clark was absolutely hated as the education minister. I have a couple of friends who are teachers and they all but spit when CC's name is mentioned. I've heard her on CKNW and I subscribe to the Province (not for their politics... they have the best cartoons) and she's centre-left. If she does make a try for the Premier spot when Campbell hangs it up, I suspect the Liberals will move further to the left than they've already done in this second term.

I guess that's what I can never understand about politics at all levels. The left consistently runs up a huge debt with ill-considered social programs that consistently fail to produce the changes they promise and then get drummed out of office in disgrace, leaving a mess for the right to clean up. As soon as things get close to sorted out, people vote in the leftists again!!

I don't see the Progressive Canadian Party gaining traction. They are a protest party, which is ironic since that is exactly what they proclaim to hate about the Reform element of the ruling Conservative Party.

-Mac
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the implosion of the Socreds, I bought a membership with the Reform Party of BC and voted for the local candidate. All this did was get the NDP elected. Until we get proportional representation, I'll park my vote with BC Liberals, as long there is a Neufeld for every Clark. I just hope we get PR by the time Clark is the leader. I did look at the BC Conservative Party and they do represent what I stand for. I worked with Ryan Warawa (past president now?) and a couple of the directors during my university days, so I am familiar with the leadership of party. I am I just fed up with my years for voting for parties that split the vote (federal and provincial).

Mac wrote:
I don't see the Progressive Canadian Party gaining traction. They are a protest party, which is ironic since that is exactly what they proclaim to hate about the Reform element of the ruling Conservative Party.

Very true. I think people have learned what a protest party can do, which is years of Liberal rule.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say if Clark would get in as a successor for Campbell. The Province did a "who's who" today which is worth a read. Carol Taylor 'scored' as #1 on their list of who might replace Campbell if he retired.

Strangely enough, the new party leader of the BC Conservatives is Wilf Hanni, former Reform BC party leader. Like I said, I knew I was throwing away my vote but my riding was pretty safely Liberal regardless.

-Mac
whistleblower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the main drivers of the 'Progressive Canadian' Party, and a good friend of Stevens, is Mr. Farsad Kiani, of Toronto.

In 2003 he posted the names of many of his employees in a so-called petition against the amalgamation of the Reform and Conservaties.

Trouble was, he didn't even ask these employees if they would give him their permission.

My name appeared and I was actually totally for the amalgamation. I had to threaten Stevens with a lawsuit before my name was removed.

So, what is Mr. Kiani up to now?

Well, in June 2006, his company 'Ensil International' was 'visited' by the FBI while they had a court warrant in their hand. He and his companies are still under investigation for alleged breaches of ITAR and fraud.

In January 2008 he is having to appear in courts in both Utah and San Antonio, Texas, defending his Company 'Ensil International' from multi-million $ lawsuits for allegedly taking this money for equipment his company had said they had 'repaired' but had not.

I think Mr. Kiani is going to be a little too busy to further corrupt Canadian Politics for a while.
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbennett wrote:
Yeah, I saw a statistic somewhere that the majority of the BCLiberal party was made up of Federal Conservatives.

Why don't they change their Party Name then? If they are not Liberals, then they should not be calling themselves that.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KPK wrote:
mbennett wrote:
Yeah, I saw a statistic somewhere that the majority of the BCLiberal party was made up of Federal Conservatives.

Why don't they change their Party Name then? If they are not Liberals, then they should not be calling themselves that.

Because there is already a party in B.C. with the conservative name.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why don't they change their Party Name then? If they are not Liberals, then they should not be calling themselves that

It's the Federal Liberals who should not be calling themselves Liberal. If Laurier new what had happened to his party he'd flip over in his grave.

The Federal Libs should be renamed the Social Democrats or something. The NDP should be renamed the Marxist party(or the Libel Party) and the Conservatives should be named the Conservative party. The Libertarian(correct me Mac if I'm wrong) should be the Liberal party.
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
The Libertarian(correct me Mac if I'm wrong) should be the Liberal party.

I expect they would want to be called the Classic Liberal Party since libertarian values pre-existed the modern liberal movement.

-Mac

ps: Today's historic note: Although most Conservatives proudly point out that Sir John A. Macdonald, our first & third Prime Minister was a Conservative, his party was actually formally titled as the Liberal-Conservative Party as it was a coalition of Tory and Reform candidates (yes, there was a Reform Party at the time of Confederation) and the Liberal-Conservative Party continued until 1916.
Swan Song

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ps: Today's historic note: Although most Conservatives proudly point out that Sir John A. Macdonald, our first & third Prime Minister was a Conservative, his party was actually formally titled as the Liberal-Conservative Party as it was a coalition of Tory and Reform candidates (yes, there was a Reform Party at the time of Confederation) and the Liberal-Conservative Party continued until 1916.

Here is an interesting article on the Progressive Canadians (http://www.carleton.ca/Capital_News/30112007/n2.shtml). I have to agree these PCs seem incoherent. We need a Conservative option that is for economic liberty and individual liberty. These PCs seem just as interventionist in economics as the CPCs. They might tilt more towards individual rights than the CPCs, but at this point true Conservatives continue to be homeless in Canada.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
The closest we get to center-right is maybe center.

Left vs. Right is all relative, so how can all our parties be on the left??
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling a conservative party in BC......
You would really have to spin it right. Whats your target base?
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Selling a conservative party in BC......
You would really have to spin it right. Whats your target base?

Most of BC is conservative. The only exception is Vancouver itself... and it's only one part of the greater Vancouver area. Is that enough of a target base?

-Mac
jwomby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This posting is done by Fugitive John Keith Wombwell who is wanted in Canada on a Canada wide Arrest warrant by York Region Police for Death Threat, Extortion and Impersonation.

Please watch the Crime Stoppers Video showing Fugitive John Keith Wombwell at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YEJ_Zm6pMM

whistleblower wrote:
One of the main drivers of the 'Progressive Canadian' Party, and a good friend of Stevens, is Mr. Farsad Kiani, of Toronto.

In 2003 he posted the names of many of his employees in a so-called petition against the amalgamation of the Reform and Conservaties.

Trouble was, he didn't even ask these employees if they would give him their permission.

My name appeared and I was actually totally for the amalgamation. I had to threaten Stevens with a lawsuit before my name was removed.

So, what is Mr. Kiani up to now?

Well, in June 2006, his company 'Ensil International' was 'visited' by the FBI while they had a court warrant in their hand. He and his companies are still under investigation for alleged breaches of ITAR and fraud.

In January 2008 he is having to appear in courts in both Utah and San Antonio, Texas, defending his Company 'Ensil International' from multi-million $ lawsuits for allegedly taking this money for equipment his company had said they had 'repaired' but had not.

I think Mr. Kiani is going to be a little too busy to further corrupt Canadian Politics for a while.
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we have "whistleblower" accusing someone of fraud etc. in his first post.. and "jwomby" accusing "whistleblower" of being wanted for uttering threats etc with his first post....

I would say this is a good thread for me to exercise my mod powers for the first time, using the "lock" feature as I see no good coming from these accusations.

-Mac
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: