Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Iraq Study Group:change strategy now! Reply with quote

Well as most of you know by now the appeasing front group of the Lib-Democrat authority{Democrat regime} has come out with their study on Iraq their issue is this "Change Strategy Now" which involves a Diplomatic offensive. It's no surprise that this group lead by James Baker insists on changing the Strategy of the Iraq Front. It however has me concern bout the direct Talks with IRAN AND SYRIA who have harbor terrorists.

What does this mean for the Bush Adminstration? it's either do what the Dem's what him to do or face more leaked memos and perhaps Impeachement. How can this group expect the US to talk directly to leaders of Syria who once again thumb the nose in Lebanon's affairs or the Mad Rant of a Holocaust denying jackass. Eitherway this report sums up one thing bout the MASS undermining of the WAR ON TERROR.....that is Appeasement and Apologist in withdrawing and scapegoating those who swore to protect the USA.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was another useless report.
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may have been some worthwhile ideas in the report, but suggesting talking with Syria and Iran to get their help in settling the violence in Iraq, just totally blows any credibility the report or its authors may have had. Syria and Iran have no interest in seeing the violence end. Iran is a major supplier of IEDs, weapons and training (Hezzbollah) in Iraq that's fueling the violence. That's not being done with the idea of establishing a peaceful democracy in the region, that's for sure!
Glenn
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:

Of course it is another useless Report by a Apologist Liberal Front group. Who knows but i have deep concerns where the USA is heading now.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
Winston2004 wrote:

Of course it is another useless Report by a Apologist Liberal Front group. Who knows but i have deep concerns where the USA is heading now.

Iran is not part of the problem as ISG wants us to believe. It's the problem!
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this ISG is nothing more then another group of Vanity-filled ex-diplomats who would love to see Bush fail.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means history will judge this generation as a failure and coward in refusing to admite there is a problem in the world. They will see this generation as too self-absorb and ignorant in thinking that the problems will not come to North America through a body of water.
Mike_McTory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Iran has no reason to help the US Reply with quote

Hi,

I do not believe that Iran has any incentive whatsoever to help stabilize Iraq or help the
Americans. If Iraq became a stable democracy then their OIL revenues would increase a great deal and so would their political clout.

Now if that were to happen then Iran would lose a lot of money and power. With Iraq bogged down with Secretarian violence this by default puts Iran as the dominant power in the Middle east. Iran will have increased OIL revenues plus a very stable dictatorship which gives them huge ammounts of influence over some UN Security Council members who are very reliant on their OIL.

The only thing that could possibly give Iran incentive to help stop the Secretarian violence is negotiation on their nuclear program. The Americans would pretty well have to give Iran a free pass to develop a nuclear weapon unhindered. This will never happen!

Plus Iran probably has only about 10-20% influence over the Shiite militia's. It is not just Shiite against Sunni but also Shiite against Shiite. So the bottom line is that even if the US did engage Iran and Iran did agree to help. It still would not stop the violence and Iran would still win.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why there should be a incentive to strike Iran once and for all. they are responbile for a death of a Canadian as well as the Hostage Crisis a while back, not to mention having Nuclear weapons too.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike- I think that this isn't about supporting Iraq, its about spreading Iran's perverted sense of Islam throughout the Arab world. Syria, Lebanon and Gaza are already firmly under Iran's shadow, Iraq would help consolidate that power.

This is more about radical Islam than it is about direct power. Of course, the spread of his Islam is also what gives him power.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why a strike on Iran needs to be Done NOW.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
Which is why a strike on Iran needs to be Done NOW.

mmmh... although that could be seen as more neo-colonialism on the part of the west. ahmadinejad got a nice taste of dissent this week - we need to push more of that. I'm not convinced military strikes are the best option for Iran at this point. Although I think it might be the RIGHT thing to do - i don't see it as the smartest thing to do. With anti-americanism as rampant as it is, and the forces stretched pretty thin, might not be the wisest of decisions. I often wonder if we'll see a repeat of the Israeli attack on the Osirak reactor...

a little off topic but i thought i'd share a good link for several articles on Iraq's former nuclear program;
http://www.nci.org/sadb.htm
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Steyn called it "Iraq Surrender Grandpas"

:lol:

Jump to: