Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: More evidence that Environmentalists are insane Reply with quote

I wrote on my blog about this this morning - I'll just post what I wrote earlier..

Link

Today the final signing of the energy pact that will allow the construction of the impressive ITER project took place. For those of you who are unaware of the project, it is the construction of an experimental Fusion reactor. Regular Nuclear plants use Fission to generate the energy they produce. Fission produces high-level and long-lasting radiation, and requires the use of Uranium(which is "non-renewable", and which is expensive to mine and enrich). Fusion will use Hydrogen and the radiation it produces is very low. In addition, the output is many times higher than current fission reactors.

More information on ITER is available at their website.

Those of you who know me will know that this is a project I have been keeping a close eye on. One would think that a plant that produces low levels of radiation and absolutely no greenhouse gasses (there is no mining necessary, so its not just that it doesn't produce any itself - but the back-end doesn't either) would be an environmentalists dream come true. Guess again.

"Environmental activists, who generally oppose nuclear power, have argued that the project would turn the focus away from current efforts to fight global warming."
Once again the environmentalists find something wrong with a great project. They now complain that a project that has the potential to almost completely eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels will distract people from the problem of GHGs. It has never been more obvious that these people are in it only for themselves. Perhaps the use of technology like this would mean they would be forced to get real jobs. Maybe it would prove all their theories wrong? Maybe the rest of us would get a break from their constant whining? Yeah right..

Imagine a city run on pure electricity... with little to no environmental damage. The potential would remain to eventually safely power spacecraft, submarines, vehicles of all kinds on this sort of power. And these green-dreamers don't want it to happen because it might actually accomplish what they advocate? I'm sure all my fellow conservatives are as shocked as I...
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it just goes to show there's more behind their agenda than just reducing GHG's. I think what they are really hoping to achieve is the crippling of western industry and an end to economic globalization. These rely on fossil fuels, so if you can find a reason (ie.GHG emmissions) to stop the use of these, you can achieve that end. Of course, if Western science and technology can come up with an alternative energy source for Western industry that has no GHG's or pollution, or other environmental risks, well then.... damn! Foiled again by those clever capitalist pigs! :)
Glenn
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens when you let the good become the enemy of the ideal.

Jump to: