Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Rumsfeld to face war crime charges? Reply with quote

Quote:
An American-led group of civil rights activists is asking the German authorities to prosecute former US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld over the alleged abuse of detainees at the Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay prisons. The Center for Constitutional Rights hopes German prosecutors will take up the case under a universal jurisdiction law.

Rumsfeld, who has come under fire in the US for his handling of the Iraq war, resigned last week after nearly six years in the job. The complaint also names US Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, former CIA director George Tenet and high-ranking military officers. Germany's federal prosecutors' office confirmed it has received the complaint but declined to say when it would take a decision on whether to pursue it.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if the results would not be so scary, I would actually wish that these guys got to be in charge for a year or two. The mess they would make of things would detroy all their credibility for at least 3 months.

Then of course, people would be right back on their knees lapping it up.

Total BS, perhaps even the BS of all BS. To quote a line from a certain movie, these guys can go <bleep> a goat. These are the same people who handed Arafat a Nobel peace prize.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absurd. I believe Eurowhinnies are still angry at his remarks about Old Europe
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't there still Nazis running around Germany?? Or former Stasi members?? And they focus on stoopid ol' Rummy instead. At least they got their priorities straight.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll never happen. Americans, even the democrats, would never allow their people to be whisked away to far away lands for being the leader of their army. At least I hope they'd never allow that. I think even the Dems are smart enough to realize how far that would go to weaken their national security.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm frequently told by a liberal friend of mine that Belgium has already found Rummy and Bush guilty of war crimes, and that both would be arrested were they to land on Belgian soil. I can't quite see Germany following their lead, though.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this how we are going to treat those who are willing to help out others? by scapegoating them we are appeasing Al-Qaeda,Terrorists and Rouge Regimes.

Jump to: