Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Beatnik "Peace Poppies" Reply with quote

I'm sure everyone has heard of this disgusting show of disrespect to our veterans...

I'm not surprised at all, and that is the saddest part about it. If I see anyone wearing one of these I'll be sure to give them a piece of my mind.

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom Observer has a good piece on it here. The same group originally behind the idea of the white poppy would later colloborate with Nazi propogandists during WWII.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its absolute disrespect to all the veterans out there that have died to protect us and our way of life. Horrible horrible people. How dare they try to capitalize on a symbol that does not belong to them. There seems to be a different color ribbon for everything else, why couldn't they just use one of those?
Road_Hammer

Reputation: 37.6Reputation: 37.6Reputation: 37.6Reputation: 37.6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Surrender Reply with quote

One can only conclude that wearing white is to demonstrate their support for surrender to the Taliban.

www.roadhammer.blogspot.com
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red poppy , white poppy ...purple poppy pink...the color doesn't matter...as long as it don't .....

If anyone has a monopoly on the poppy it has to be Afghan drug lord opium producers..that Canada is so proudly defending and killing for.

As far as the red poppy goes...while it is admirable that Canadains died to protect us from fascists, I'm reminded of the war vet on the news yesterday saying the military ruined his life with toxic poisons and litterly has destroyed the health of many military personel useing them as guinea pigs. Agent orange anyone?

While they were sucessful in destroying the hitler nazi regime ....we now have an elected version of the same, as we turn into a police state with terror as the excuse. Our nation turning into a toxic soup of cancer and death thanks to government sponsered pollution under the guise of global warming.If they died for nothing else it is for that DICTOCTRACY we now call a democracy. Of course senate reform would be a step in the right direction and there may be some hope thanks to the conservative in this regard.

Lest we forget the doctored medical records of the gulf war vets in last weeks news. Of course when the Afghan troops suffer the effects of DU (deleted uranium) ammunitions that they inhale on a daily basis...it takes 6 years to break down into radioactive destructive compounds. Wonder why the political defence groups in Ottawa don't want to go to Afghanistan???They know what is going on!

Hopefully the white poppy will be a symbol of how hypocritical our society has become. That would be a nice way to honour them less they die in vane as they are for all intents and purposes fighting a loseing battle doing the bidding of the soon to be extinct american neocon crowd.

But yeh this time of the year is for the pre Afghan vet..and white should be worn on every other day of the year.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should have been yellow, then they would at least have got something right.
biggie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wearing the poppy for anything other than its purpose is disgusting. All this talk about soldiers being subject to experiment is indeed important - but not a place for the poppy.

If you take issue with such abominations, then it is important to express it - but don't use a poppy to do so.

The words "Lest we forget" applies in several ways- let us not forget the sacrifices, let us not forget the horrors of war, and lets not forget How we came to such a point.

The lessons of the world wars go beyond just the horrors of them. History repeats itself... and we need to be weary of the past; not afraid of it.
CC Scott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know exactly why they're doing this around Rememberance Day, right? Because they see RD and the red poppy as celebrations or war, rather than honouring our war-dead. They could have used another symbol, like the dove, and done a similar campaign around the time of the International Day of Peace. But no, they wanted to make a point.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly it. Their hyper-sensitivity about the subject is creating the politics that they say they're attempting to avoid.
Caffeinated

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with what you guys are saying, wearing the poppy especially around this time of year is to honour those who fought for our way of life, not to make some other statement...it just irks me...i was on my university campus late last week and someone was distributing these buttoms with the red poppy but it had some symbol at the centre...i didn't pick one up because i got annoyed that they were using the poppy to make a point of their own :?
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an outrage! To disrespect all veterans like this is absolutely disgusting.
There are 11 other months of the year these white poppies can be sold. These people were just using the media to get some attention.

Regardless of political stripe every reasonable Canadian is pro peace. What confuses me is the anti war people.
For some reason or another these people feel that if we sanction terrorists or maybe have peace talks with them we will have peace.
The only reason the Taliban, Al Queda and Hezzbolah would like to have peace talks with the western world is to get us all in the same room so they could murder us all. They are not interested in peace, they are interested in the mass murder of non fundamental muslims. I say we send Jack Layton and his wife over to talk to Hezzbolah, and see how far he gets.

Then on the other hand the same people are begging the Canadian government to ignore the UN and go to Africa, because the Bono told us to. These are the same people that say the US committed war crimes because the Iraq war was unsanctioned. HELLO!!!
Then these people would probably want the same rules of engagemnet as Rawanda. Therefore we go put our troops in harms way then stand there in blue helmets and do nothing.

I just dont get these people.
I cant remeber who said this and I am just paraphrasing
"The only thing required for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing"

Jump to: