Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more happier if Harper would lay charges of treason against Jacko and his party of commies. Never the less:

palomino_pony wrote:
I think the Canadian public is wise to Layton's game. He is threatening a non-confidence motion this week, something that the Liberals won't/can't support at this time due do their leadership race. Looks like some more media grandstanding to me

Are Canadians really wise to his game? From what I know is that Taliban is beloved by most.

wrote:
If there is an election, the worst that can happen is that the CPC will form another minority government, and not be any worse off than at present.

Speculation: Don't undersestimate the Liberals, when they are down they seem to always find ways to win. If the scam didn't show us Conservatives that despite all what happened the Liberal Party still received alot of seats in a very strong opposition. In other words as Cons we have alot of work to do to show Canadians the error of thier ways.
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palomino_pony wrote:
I think the Canadian public is wise to Layton's game. He is threatening a non-confidence motion this week, something that the Liberals won't/can't support at this time due do their leadership race. Looks like some more media grandstanding to me.

That's it exactly and Laytons plan is just a "sped up Harpers version"...but never the less Harpers plan. The person that looks good here is Harper as he was open for discussion should there be an improved way of dealing with the subject. Even ndp'ers are shakeing there head going "what about kyoto Layton..how come you didn't mention it". That probably has cost Layton some support.
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palomino_pony wrote:
I think the Canadian public is wise to Layton's game. He is threatening a non-confidence motion this week ...

Actually, his Special Cmte idea was not bad. The PM has agreed to it, and now everybody can work on a credible and effective Clean Air Act.

This is a good day for Canada.
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbasu wrote:
[Actually, his Special Cmte idea was not bad. The PM has agreed to it, and now everybody can work on a credible and effective Clean Air Act.

Agreed.

I hope Layton doesn't start to claim that he wrote the legislation like he wrote the budget in 2005.

The CPC looks good as they are willing to listen and the Liberals are on the outside looking in... Layton does have a knack for taking advantage of these situations.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palomino_pony wrote:
cbasu wrote:
[Actually, his Special Cmte idea was not bad. The PM has agreed to it, and now everybody can work on a credible and effective Clean Air Act.

Agreed.

I hope Layton doesn't start to claim that he wrote the legislation like he wrote the budget in 2005.

The CPC looks good as they are willing to listen and the Liberals are on the outside looking in... Layton does have a knack for taking advantage of these situations.

That's exactly what he'll do, then when he helps bring down the government sometime next year he'll be chanting about how he gets "results for Canadians"
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palomino_pony wrote:

I believe this is in response to Bob Rae looking like the next Liberal leader. Harper wants to bolster the image of the NDP in order to prevent a loss of NDPers to the Liberals once Rae wins.
palomino_pony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
palomino_pony wrote:

I believe this is in response to Bob Rae looking like the next Liberal leader. Harper wants to bolster the image of the NDP in order to prevent a loss of NDPers to the Liberals once Rae wins.

OK... maybe I would welcome Layton taking credit for this. It is not like that Clean Air Act is a core issue for a lot of conservatives...
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
I would be more happier if Harper would lay charges of treason against Jacko and his party of commies.

Yes - wouldn't that be nice!
Blue Meanie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palomino_pony wrote:
OK... maybe I would welcome Layton taking credit for this. It is not like that Clean Air Act is a core issue for a lot of conservatives...

Let's see Layton's plan. Now its got to be in black and white where everyone can see it and judge it. Not something vague that's sounds wonderful in an election campaign. I bet the costs and terms will be so ridiculous that it can't withstand the scrutiny. Might provide an opening to have a rational re-evaluation the whole "global warming" hoax.
Glenn
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Layton wants the Act to pass. My guess is that he will work with the Conservatives (and perhaps the Bloc) to produce an acceptable bill.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbasu wrote:
Jack Layton wants the Act to pass. My guess is that he will work with the Conservatives (and perhaps the Bloc) to produce an acceptable bill.

If Bob Rae win's LIberal Leadership, and with the way Liz May is reallying the Eco-Warriors, simply said Jack Needs a win.

The NDP and Bloc know they are not going to form the next government, and a minority government is the only place they will have any say what so ever.

With that said the NDP, Bloc and Tories working on this Bill is a win win for everyone.
All three parties can attack the Liberals for having 13 years to do what they did in less then a year, Jack shows that he is "repping" the Left, Gilles shows that the Bloc is actually doing something for Quebec, and Harper is the PM in power when it happend.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: