Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: CTV's obsession with puppygate Reply with quote

Quote:
By Arthur Weinreb

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

CTV, at least at first blush seems absolutely obsessed with the exchange that took place last week between Liberal MP David McGuinty and Foreign Affairs Minister Peter Mackay. While Environment Minister Rona Ambrose was answering a question about the government's Clean Air Act, McGuinty began heckling Mackay. He said something to the effect that if Mackay didn't care about the effect of climate change on people, "What about your dog?" The reference to Mackay's dog stems from what Peter Mackay did after girlfriend Belinda Stronach dumped him at the same time she dumped the Conservative Party. Peter did what most of us would do in a similar situation; he sought solace in the middle of a potato patch with his trusted dog. He just needed to be alone with his dog and of course a reporter from CP and a CBC camera crew. As taunts in the House of Commons go, McGuinty's was excellent; if only Ontario Premier Dalton had his brother's quick wit, but I digress.

In response to McGuinty's statement about his dog, MacKay allegedly pointed to Stronach's empty seat and said "You've got her now". MacKay denies ever making the comment.

Had Peter MacKay been beheaded by Islamofascist jihadists in a Nova Scotia potato patch, it is hard to imagine that CTV would have given that as much coverage as they devoted to what is now being referred to as puppygate. An episode of Mike Duffy Live (hosted by Jane Taber) devoted not one, not two, but THREE segments to MacKay having allegedly called his former girlfriend, former Conservative MP, former a lot of things, Belinda Stronach, a dog.

Read the rest...
http://www.canadafreepress.com.....102406.htm
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: PM & BS Reply with quote

Can't blame them.

How often does a millionaire heiress get referred to as a dog by the Foreign Minister of a G7 nation?
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: PM & BS Reply with quote

cbasu wrote:
Can't blame them.

How often does a millionaire heiress get referred to as a dog by the Foreign Minister of a G7 nation?

Not nearly enough...

;)
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: PM & BS Reply with quote

cbasu wrote:
Can't blame them.

I can... but if the MSM are idiotic enough to play along with the Liberals on nonsense like this, what can we do?

-Mac
passport141

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: belinda baby Reply with quote

she's not a dog.
She's a whore.
Ask tie Domi's wife and kids
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: belinda baby Reply with quote

passport141 wrote:
she's not a dog.
She's a whore.

I'm just going to cite the "no personal attacks" rule and let you guys sort out what that might mean. I realize that this thread is about a personal attack.
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: belinda baby Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
passport141 wrote:
she's not a dog.
She's a whore.

I'm just going to cite the "no personal attacks" rule and let you guys sort out what that might mean. I realize that this thread is about a personal attack.

Far be it for me to interpret the rules, for the guy who makes the rules, especially as I have no "dog" in this fight. That said, one might argue that the contentious quote is not a "personal attack", but rather corrects the record and adds "fair comment".
Glenn

Jump to: