Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: McGuinty Staff Working on Lib Campaign on Office Time Reply with quote

http://www.stevejanke.com/archives/201270.php

For Immediate Release
October 19, 2006

MCGUINTY LIBERALS CAUGHT RED-HANDED

Premier's Office and Ministry staff use taxpayer-funded offices for Liberal leadership

(Queen's Park) - Progressive Conservative Party Leader John Tory today called for Dalton McGuinty to explain why members of his staff and ministers' staffs are using Ontario taxpayer-funded offices for the federal Liberal leadership campaign.

"This is a serious issue - it strikes at the heart of trust in government and respect for the taxpayers money," said Tory. "This is just like the taxpayer financed propaganda campaigns the McGuinty Liberals have on the airwaves right now."

The Liberal Party of Canada published a list of returning officers for their delegate selection on their website (which was taken down shortly after Tory raised it during Question Period). Several McGuinty Liberal staff are listed with their government email addresses and phone numbers. In the Legislature today, Tory pointed to several staff members on the list:

* Aaron Lazarus, Director, Issues Management and Legislative Affairs, Premier's Office
* Barbara Joy, Assistant Director, Issues Management and Legislative Affairs, Premier's Office
* Utilia Amaral, Senior Advisor, Municipal Affairs and Housing.
* Elizabeth Hall, Senior Policy Advisor to Attorney General
* Jason Murray, Policy Assistant to the Attorney General

Dalton McGuinty recently said that his members and staffers were expected to not "compromise [their] higher obligations to both [their] constituents and to [the government]."

"Dalton McGuinty owes the taxpayers of Ontario a full explanation for what his staff members are doing," said Tory. "If this is the example of character Dalton McGuinty wants to set for the people of Ontario then Heaven help us all."

-30-

For more information:
Brendan Howe
(416) 325-0412
biggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberals using taxpayer dollars to run their campaigns!!?!!? I never thought i'd see the day... :roll:
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great because this scandal can apply to not only McGuinty but ANY Liberal candidate.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not surprising. Hell, I am not even outraged anymore this is so common place. It seems that nobody whatsoever cares about corruption. All they care about is trashing Tories. I thought today about just letting them have the country they want. The problem is, it does not seem any better any place else.
biggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should start our own country.. call it Toryland.. and we can all live prosperously - wait, that very well could be Alberta if the CPC loses the next federal election.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
Liberals using taxpayer dollars to run their campaigns!!?!!? I never thought i'd see the day... :roll:

LOL,

I almost spit my drink out when I read that.
CC Scott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGuinty is the kind of Liberal that makes my blood boil, even though I live in "Toryland" as Biggie just referred to it as.
biggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC Scott wrote:
McGuinty is the kind of Liberal that makes my blood boil, even though I live in "Toryland" as Biggie just referred to it as.

Having grown up in Toryland, trust me I know... McGuinty always seems to fail to get things done.. Caledonia...

But people expect Liberals to break promises, so he gets away with a lot.

Jump to: