Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empty chair, that is funny. I wonder what she thinks of crossing the floor now? Probably the same sense of regret that an investor who buys in at the top of a market has. When she crossed, it looked like the CPC was doomed, again. It looked like she was well positioned for the future. What a difference a year makes.
Evilgenius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one person in this world who is blessed with Bad Judgement, it's Belinda. It shows in everything she has done, whether personal or public.

I really can't understand why she still wants to be in politics. Maybe she craves attention. She may actually be getting attention now, but I doubt it's the kind she wants.

In any event, it's far better that she's a member of the Liberals, than the Conservatives. Quite often, we don't see the good in something when it happens. Belinda's defection was the best thing that could have happened for the Conservatives.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilgenius wrote:

In any event, it's far better that she's a member of the Liberals, than the Conservatives. Quite often, we don't see the good in something when it happens. Belinda's defection was the best thing that could have happened for the Conservatives.

Excellent point, and you're completely right. She fits in well over at "cash in an envelope" HQ. Her self-centered view of politics is not what we need in the CPC. It's been a blessing in disguise.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere once that the 'real' unification of the right was due to Stronach as well. Something about a dejected MacKay coming into caucus the morning after her defection, and the first thing Harper did was walk over and give him a man-hug :lol:

Apparently, this sealed the deal for the insiders and the MPs.
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
I read somewhere once that the 'real' unification of the right was due to Stronach as well. Something about a dejected MacKay coming into caucus the morning after her defection, and the first thing Harper did was walk over and give him a man-hug :lol:

Apparently, this sealed the deal for the insiders and the MPs.

Of course! This is covered under "Man Law": "Bro's before ho's". :wink:
Glenn
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSM translation: the CPC members engane in mysoginistic rituals in the caucus room. It is almost funny never getting a fair shake. Actually, it is funny.
Mr_Harvey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Conservatives should demand an apology from Liberals! Reply with quote

I don't really understand why so many Conservatives seem to believe the Liberals and/or the NDP with regard to their accusations against Peter MacKay! (That is, with regard to the alleged, "You already have her," remarks!)

Taking into account that Mr. MacKay still emphatically insists that he made no such remarks, I think that we Conservatives should believe him!

We as Conservatives should stop being on the the defensive and start going on the offensive! If the Liberals continue to press this potentially slanderous accusation against Peter MacKay, we should demand that they prove it! We should demand that they either prove the accusations that they have made, or that they admit that they have been lying all along, and that they both formally apologize to Mr. MacKay for knowingly falsely accusing him of something that he didn't do, and to all Canadians for deliberately misleading Canadians with this lie. But above all, we Conservatives should demand that the Liberals do one or the other!

So I ask you, why aren't more Conservatives going on the offensive and doing just that? In fact, some gentleman who is a Conservative should say to the Liberals (and possibly to the NDP as well), "On behalf of all men, I demand that you apoligize for accusing this man [Mr. Peter MacKay] of something that he did not do!"
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I've read indicates he can be heard saying it on unofficial recordings...
biggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the recording - Its quite compelling. I think he said it... I'm pretty certain he said it actually.

I don't agree with the deception if he said it - but I think it would be more damaging if he had said he did say it. Also I don't feel that this witch hunt is warranted... It was a rather innocent comment, and I have yet to see how it's sexist- he didn't imply that anyone other than belinda was a dog. The liberals risk hurting themselves, god knows they have succumbed to those tactics on many occassions, and are the kings of heckling.

In all fairness - All I've heard Mackay say was that he didn't call her a dog - If you listen to the tape, he didn't - he most certainly implied it, but didn't say it :)

He's running on a technicality I think lol
Mr_Harvey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect to "both biggie" rection and F F Canuck, I don't think the recording is compelling at all! I have listened to and watched all of the versions of the recording several times! Even when you listen to the edited version (the version that was deliberately edited by the Liberal Party to make it sound more like what they want it to sound like) I daresay you wouldn't be inclined to believe that Mr. MacKay said, "You already have her," if no one had previously told you that that was what he said. Of course, if you have previously been told that he said those words, then that is what you will expect to hear when you listen to the audio file! :lol: But you really should at least try not to let another person's interpretation of what was said bias you!

At any rate, I will post a link to the Web page with all of the various versions of the recording here, for the convenience of those who may not have heard or seen any version of the recording yet!

http://www.liberal.ca/news_e.aspx?id=11985
biggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmh... it is difficult to say whether or not that is what he said... I'll give you that.
Blue Meanie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, none of those files work for me. Despite the MSM milking this thing for all its worth, I haven't heard any of them air these recordings. If they haven't, why not? Are the tapes worthless or are they just waiting to see if he'll bury himself a little more? I get the sense they would like to help lynch Mckay if they could.
Glenn
biggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Meanie wrote:
Unfortunately, none of those files work for me. Despite the MSM milking this thing for all its worth, I haven't heard any of them air these recordings. If they haven't, why not? Are the tapes worthless or are they just waiting to see if he'll bury himself a little more? I get the sense they would like to help lynch Mckay if they could.
Glenn

CTV played it when they had the 3 female MPs on.. that's the only coverage on TV I saw though..
Blue Meanie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
Blue Meanie wrote:
Glenn

CTV played it when they had the 3 female MPs on.. that's the only coverage on TV I saw though..

So did the tapes conclusively prove one way or another?
Glenn
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not conclusively....

It sure sounds like he said it.. but Mr_Harvey has a good point, it is difficult to hear exactly what he says - he says something, but I do wonder if it would sound the same if you weren't listening for it.
It is possible he had said something else and it was misheard.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: