Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim K wrote:
I saw these responses coming from a mile away. "But Belinda IS a dog!"

I remember all the outrage when that Liberal called Olivia Chow, Olivia Chow Chow.

It's only a joke when your side does it, but it's outrageous when the other side does it.

Simple minds. Just because both incidents involved dogs does not mean they are equal.

One was a racist crack, the other was sour-grapes at an ex-girlfriend. Most 8 year olds could tell the difference.
Andre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Doggy Style Reply with quote

This latest rant from the liberals just proves they are from the same pack of wolves. They just keep chewing on a bone. The philandering daddy's money girl can sleep around with the who's who of society but heaven forbid should someone call her on it. I can guarantee the comment is no reflection of sexism seeing that while she certainly isn't a lady who femininity is still questionable.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacKay's retort wasn't particularly nasty. If Stronach's skin is that thin, she's in the wrong job and the Liberal outrage is much ado about nothing.

-Mac
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the liberals and the press are certainly over-reacting, I don't think anyone should be supporting Mackay's alleged comments. We should strive to rise above such pettiness.
Evilgenius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing is absurd. Belinda and the Liberals clearly don't have their heads screwed on right, to blow something like this so out of proportion. Even so, Peter MacKay is also at fault for exposing himself, the government, and the party to a totally unnecessary attack. Opening their mouths before putting their brains in gear, has always been a weakness among many Conservatives.

I can't believe people were once thinking about MacKay as a leadership candidate. Can you imagine Harper making a mistake like this?
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
MacKay's retort wasn't particularly nasty. If Stronach's skin is that thin, she's in the wrong job and the Liberal outrage is much ado about nothing.

-Mac

Well, as we all know, their sabre rattling on this one isn't much ado about nothing unfortunately. This seems to be more of the same, Liberals using any opportunity, no matter how absurd, to paint the Tories as the "evil" party of Canada. Be it sexists (as in this case), Pro-American, Anti-Gay, ect ect ect, they will continue to harp on these issues every time they get in front of a camera. I just find it unfortunate that the MSM will continue to be complicit with them in this matter reporting only the polls that supports their version of the story and the stories that will help shape public opinion towards this.

Too bad we don't have Journalists in this country anymore, just partisan news services.
Tim K

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One was a racist crack, the other was sour-grapes at an ex-girlfriend. Most 8 year olds could tell the difference

Petty sexist remarks, just like racism have no place in government business. If Peter "stick to your knitting" MacKay wants to grieve about his lost love, he should confide in his friends at a pub. Not during question period where he is paid great amounts of money to help run the country.
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim K wrote:
Quote:
One was a racist crack, the other was sour-grapes at an ex-girlfriend. Most 8 year olds could tell the difference

Petty sexist remarks, just like racism have no place in government business. If Peter "stick to your knitting" MacKay wants to grieve about his lost love, he should confide in his friends at a pub. Not during question period where he is paid great amounts of money to help run the country.

Ah, his comment was harmless... I don't think he should have said it - but he did, so what. Grow up, only a child would be offended by such a remark. It certainly isn't a sexist remark - but of course the opposition will make it out to be
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she acts like a dog - just see - that she was careless about the feelings of others when she committed adultery - with a married hockey player [Domi] who was working on her election campaign. Last check - adultery was a crime.

Is she now fornicating/committing adultery with any of her parliamentary staff? One has to wonder...if such a wanton personality is why Mr. Mackay dumped her.

Last edited by don muntean on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:
Well she acts like a dog - just see - that she was careless about the feelings of others when she committed adultery - with a married hockey player [Domi] who was working on her election campaign. Last check - adultery was a crime.

Is she now fornicating/committing adultery with any of her parliamentary staff? One has to wonder...if such a wanton personality is why Mr. Mckay dumped her.

I don't think its a crime...

and she's not really committing adultry, he is..

but point taken
cantuc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish MacKay would apologise to Stronachs empty chair and get this over with.
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
don muntean wrote:

Is she now fornicating/committing adultery with any of her parliamentary staff? One has to wonder...if such a wanton personality is why Mr. Mckay dumped her.

I don't think its a crime...

and she's not really committing adultry, he is..

but point taken

You're right - Belinda was fornicating and Domi was committing adultery...

Adultery used to be a crime and of course I'm sure if the law was yet on the books it would never be enforced - it certainly is actionable in divorce proceedings.

My issue is that she had illicit connections with an individual who was 'working for her' [whatever the capacity] - it only becomes worse when the individual is married.

If one cannot restrain one's propensity in this connection they aught not be in any position of authority [management etc.,] - in the private sector and most certainly - not the public sector.

Just my opinion...
Griff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two things to say about this much-discussed event:

1. I have to admit, that was a pretty clever comback by p-mac.
2. It was also highly inappropriate, and politically stupid to boot. Peter should offer a short, simple, brief apology to the house and be done with it.

Anyone remember what deb grey had to go through in '97?

There is more than a slab of bacon talking there.

Quote:
Miss Deborah Grey (Beaver River, Ref.): Mr. Speaker, the parliamentary secretary said that the CPP premiums are not a tax but a contribution to a public pension plan. Let us just look for a moment or two at a private pension plan, the MP pension plan, the most obscene in the country.

Canadians are now paying twice as much of their salary for a paltry $9,000 a year in CPP. Thanks to the government, parliamentary porkers like the member for Sherbrooke and the Deputy Prime Minister are going to pocket five to six times that amount. That is scandalous.

How can the Prime Minister justify asking Canadians to pay 70 per cent more of their meagre pensions when he and his Liberal colleagues are just going to lap up the lavish MP pension plan?

An hon. member: There is more than a slab of bacon talking there.

Hon. Marcel Massť (President of the Treasury Board and Minister responsible for Infrastructure, Lib.): Mr. Speaker, the hon. member is mixing up two things; one has nothing to do with the other.

In making the Canada pension plan fund able to meet its future obligations, the government with the provinces is making sure that the plan is sustainable. In terms of the members of Parliament pension plan, we reduced it by 20 per cent and reduced the cost. We have introduced 55 as the age when it can be collected. Therefore, once again, we have made the plan much more in conformity with the requirements.

Miss Deborah Grey (Beaver River, Ref.): Mr. Speaker, it may be that I am a porker but I opted out of that pension plan and the taxpayer does not owe me one single penny for that.

Some hon. members: Hear, hear.

Miss Grey: A pension porker I am not. I opt out; Sheila copped out.
Griff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That comment was Made by Douglas Young, then the liberal government's Minister of National Defence and Minister of Veterans Affairs. I'd make a post about it, but blogger seems to be on the fritz tonight.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantuc wrote:
I just wish MacKay would apologise to Stronachs empty chair and get this over with.

Hear hear!! Makes sense to me!!

-Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: