Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Buddy Kat wrote:
the winners are always the lawyers. Which in turn become politicans that make laws to feed themselves and fellow lawyers.

Here's a nice non-partisan thought.... Canada's Prime Minister has been a millionaire lawyer from Quebec for 36 years & 10 months of the past 40 years. Campbell & Turner were also lawyers. Clark was a journalist.

Now we have an accountant in charge. Draw your own conclusions. :lol:

-Mac

Very intresting and definately a plus for Harper. His media people should exploit this more during the next campain, not the Quebec part but the non millionare lawyer part. This also explains to me some of his reactions that I'm sure some think are odd and why he always refers to context a lot.

He's one of us eeek!! We are so used to being shiestered by professional weasels we don't know how to react to someone actually doing what they say they will do. This also puts a differant and positive spin on things, that's for sure. :shock:
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very intresting and definately a plus for Harper. His media people should exploit this more during the next campain, not the Quebec part but the non millionare lawyer part. This also explains to me some of his reactions that I'm sure some think are odd and why he always refers to context a lot.

He's one of us eeek!! We are so used to being shiestered by professional weasels we don't know how to react to someone actually doing what they say they will do. This also puts a differant and positive spin on things, that's for sure. :shock:[/quote]

I agree they should. When I was working the phones on the last campaign, I remember talking to alot of people who assumed Harper was some millionnaire oil man from Calgary, so they were going to vote for the regular joe "Paul Martin" (yeah the guy born with a silver steamship in his mouth).
Its amazing what people assume. The conservative should control this message better.
jnarvey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three strikes law is a definite winner for the Conservatives. If (as I hope it does) it goes through, it's just another in a nice string of successes by Harper. If it doesn't go through, I'm hoping the opposition parties will pay for their spin-doctoring at the polls.
jw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
jw wrote:

Also, we MUST be aware that the bill will not catch some of our most violent criminals. The well know female mass murderer type "the black widow" is usually investigated for the first time on the death of her fourth husband. This bill will not catch her. It will catch the more common violent criminal types.

Luckilly I don't think there are too many of those women ;)

Actually there are a fair number of them. No one knows exactly how many as they are mostly poisonings, the hardest of all the murder types to investigate. Yet, it is a safe bet to say we always have three or four black widows in circulation, probably more ...

There are a LOT more women killing husbands than most people would be willing to believe. Sad to say ...

The numbers confuse people. The Family violence in Canada report issued every year at the beginning of July lists 164,000 battered women and 28,700 battered men, but unless you know that the battered women are overhwlmingly minor cases and almost all of the men seriously violent cases you cannot make sense of the data: Men do not complain about minor cases (L & L1). This is a point brought up in this year's report.

This entire area of law is very confusing due to feminist contempt for males and Canada's proud discrimination against men & children.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: