Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think is wrong with Matt's blog?
He's an idiot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
He broke some rules
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
His feed is invalid
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Nothing, he's imagining it
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Other
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Matt

Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Posts not displaying on BT page Reply with quote

Hi everyone

For the past week or so I've been having trouble getting my posts to appear on the frontpage of BT. As far as I know, I have followed all the rules and don't believe my feed would have been removed as a form of punishment for not playing fair.

The problem started a couple weeks ago. I emailed Stephem Taylor about it and the problem seemed to fix itself later that day. All was fine until it resurfaced this past weekend.

I emailed Stephen about it again this week wondering if he knew something I didn't. I've checked my feed using Feed Validator and all was well, although it advised me to remove the "onBlur" javascript attribute that Blogger adds when you insert an image into your post. I removed said js attribute hoping that would solve my problem. After sending Stephen about 4 or 5 emails over the course of the

As you can see here http://feedvalidator.org/check.....ToTheRight
there is nothing wrong with my feed. I recently switched over to the new Blogger Beta, but I was able to see my posts appear on BT for a while after the upgrade. I doubt this is an issue, but I can't be certain.

Can anyone possibly shed some light on this? I'm quite tech savvy, but this has me absolutely stumped. Sorry if this isn't the right venue to seek help, but if I post for help on my blog, no one is going to see it :P

Thanks in advance

Matt McGuire
http://splatto.blogspot.com
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like none of the poll answers are correct. It seems that it is our software that is incompatable with your very valid feed.

I'll spend a few more hours on it tonight. :oops:
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added your feedburner account back in. We'll see what happens.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Posts not displaying on BT page Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Hi everyone

For the past week or so I've been having trouble getting my posts to appear on the frontpage of BT. As far as I know, I have followed all the rules and don't believe my feed would have been removed as a form of punishment for not playing fair.

The problem started a couple weeks ago. I emailed Stephem Taylor about it and the problem seemed to fix itself later that day. All was fine until it resurfaced this past weekend.

I emailed Stephen about it again this week wondering if he knew something I didn't. I've checked my feed using Feed Validator and all was well, although it advised me to remove the "onBlur" javascript attribute that Blogger adds when you insert an image into your post. I removed said js attribute hoping that would solve my problem. After sending Stephen about 4 or 5 emails over the course of the

there is nothing wrong with my feed. I recently switched over to the new Blogger Beta, but I was able to see my posts appear on BT for a while after the upgrade. I doubt this is an issue, but I can't be certain.

Can anyone possibly shed some light on this? I'm quite tech savvy, but this has me absolutely stumped. Sorry if this isn't the right venue to seek help, but if I post for help on my blog, no one is going to see it :P

Thanks in advance

Matt McGuire

I had the same problem and my feed was, finally, removed. :roll: :D :?:

LoL... I am not getting any readers from BT any ways but I am still proudly keeping their logo on my weblog. All in all, I want to vote conservative and I dislike liberals and leftists
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Posts not displaying on BT page Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
Matt wrote:
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

Matt McGuire

LoL... I am not getting any readers from BT any ways but I am still proudly keeping their logo on my weblog. All in all, I want to vote conservative and I dislike liberals and leftists

We'll put you back in the aggregator if you display the blogroll.
McGuire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this has happened to me too sometimes, but it isn't enoug of a problem for me to complain about.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Posts not displaying on BT page Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Winston2004 wrote:
Matt wrote:
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

Matt McGuire

We'll put you back in the aggregator if you display the blogroll.

I really do want to put the blogroll there but it is way long and gets way more space in my sidebar.

Can you help me find a way to put the blogroll in a way that doesnt occupy lots of space there? Something like a Collapsing bar would be great.

Thanks!
Matt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops

I must have been going too quick when i put in the bt referral. my blogroll is back along the right side just underneath the referral

Winston, check your email, I sent you the code.

Still no luck with my feed it seems
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
oops

I must have been going too quick when i put in the bt referral. my blogroll is back along the right side just underneath the referral

Winston, check your email, I sent you the code.

Still no luck with my feed it seems

Matt, the code didnt work.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked on your feed again tonight but couldn't figure it out. I will try again soon. Not sure what is wrong with it.
Matt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston: email me your template and i'll put it in for you

Craig: how about this feed: http://splatto.blogspot.com/atom.xml
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Winston: email me your template and i'll put it in for you

Craig: how about this feed: http://splatto.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Tried that one :)

I've tried a variety of different settings at feedburner to. It is very strange because you use blogspot and we have many other blogspot blogs whose feeds are working fine.

We will resolve this soon...
Matt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I appreciate it

Jump to: