Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: 800 illegal entrants/refugees live in Toronto hotels! Reply with quote

Quote:
Under fire, Blair says 800 Toronto refugee claimants will move to hotels from dorms
By Anna Desmarais. Published on Jul 24, 2018 12:26pm

The new minister of Border Security got a baptism of fire Tuesday morning as he was under pressure to explain just what his job is.

The Conservative immigration critic grilled Bill Blair during his appearance before the Common Immigration committee which is holding three back-to-back hearings on Tuesday into the influx of irregular migrants into Canada.

There has been confusion over Blair’s new ministry since his appointment last week and that prompted questioning by Michelle Rempel, who was seeking some clarity.

“Will minister Goodale be reporting to you?” she asked.

“No,” Blair replied.

“Will the CBSA be reporting to you?”

“No. I have not received my mandate letters from the prime minister just yet so I cannot speculate on what my role will be.”

Liberal Committee chair MP Rob Oliphant then jumped in, he said, to help Blair get a word in “for the sake of our interpreters,” as Rempel peppered the new minister.

The minister did manage to announce that some 800 refugee claimants currently housed in college dormitories in Toronto will soon be moved to hotels for an indeterminate amount of time. A spokesperson told iPolitics Tuesday afternoon after committee that the refugee claimants will be moved to permanent housing before September 30. They were facing eviction August 9 from several college dorms.

“I think this is an appropriate response,” Blair told committee.

By that time, the federal government is hoping to have a formal triage system in place that will move these refugee claimants from big cities like Toronto to other communities across the province who are able to accommodate additional refugees.

In a press conference after the first committee session Tuesday morning, Rempel said she was leaving with “less clarity than before” about the new minister’s role.

“This is a ridiculous and uncompassionate response,” she told reporters. [....]
https://ipolitics.ca/2018/07/24/under-fire-blair-says-800-toronto-refugee-claimants-will-move-to-hotels-from-dorms/

This is how they cross ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CArjX-gzi5o

More and more people are showing up all the time. Last year, 12,000 crossed at this lllegal crossing.

Jump to: