Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Putin and Trump have success at Helsinki Reply with quote

Quote:
'THE COLD WAR IS OVER' Donald Trump hails ‘first step to a brighter future’ following historic talks with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki
The pair spoke at a joint press conference today after meeting at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland
By Corey Charlton
16th July 2018, 11:40 amUpdated: 16th July 2018, 5:19 pm

VLADIMIR Putin today hailed his historic summit with Donald Trump as "successful" after the pair spent almost two hours chatting one-on-one.

The pair spoke at a joint press conference today after meeting at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland.

Trump declared: "We made the first steps towards a brighter future, grounded on cooperation and peace. Refusing to engage will not accomplish anything.

"The disagreements between our two countries are well-known and president Putin and I discussed them at length today.

"Even during the tensions of the Cold War, when the world looked much different than it does today, Russia and the US were able to maintain a strong dialogue.

"Our relationship has never been worse than it is now. However, that changed. As of about four hours ago. This was a very constructive day, a very constructive few hours we spent together. I’m sure we’ll be meeting again in the future, often."

What we know so far:

* Donald Trump arrived in Helsinki, Finland, yesterday ready for his 'one-on-one' meeting with Vladimir Putin today
* The meeting went ahead despite an ongoing FBI probe in America into alleged Russian interference in the US election
* Investigator Robert Mueller's team indicted 12 Russian spies on Friday, accusing them of a "sustained effort" to hack the Democrats in 2016
* Trump denies his team colluded with the Russian hacking campaign and has labelled it a 'Rigged Witch Hunt'
* His meeting with Putin comes just days after he spent a week sowing discord among traditional allies Nato, Britain and the EU
* In a bombshell interview with The Sun last week, he claimed PM Theresa May's soft Brexit blueprint would "kill" a cherished UK-US trade deal
* Allies fear he may offer concessions to Vladimir Putin that could include recognising Russian possession of the Crimea, or the relaxing of economic sanctions
* Yesterday, in an interview with CBS, Trump said the EU was one of America's biggest "foes" alongside Russia and China
* In a Good Morning Britain interview with Piers Morgan, Trump said he wanted the US to "get along" with Russia and called Putin a "competitor"
* Putin - notorious for keeping people waiting - arrived in Helsinki this morning almost an hour late for the meeting with Trump
* The pair then posed for photographs together and gave brief comments to waiting media before an extremely tense-looking handshake
* Trump and Putin then spoke one-on-one for around two hours, after which they told assembled media the summit was "successful" and declared they will work together more closely
* When questioned by reporters, Putin flat-out denied interfering in the US elections, while Trump said he doesn't "see any reason why" Russia would meddle
* The US President then deflected further questioning about the meddling by referring to FBI servers and Hillary Clinton's emails

Putin, looking noticeably happier than earlier in the day, said: "Negotiations with Trump took place in an open and constructive atmosphere, I find them rather successful and useful.

"It is obvious to everyone that international relations live through a difficult period. The Cold War has ended a long time ago, the situation in the world has drastically changed. Russia and the United States are now facing totally different challenges."

He added the meeting marked the first steps to restore "an acceptable level of trust and go back to previous level of interaction on all mutual interest issues".

"As far as Syria is concerned the task of establishing peace and reconciliation in this country could be the first showcase example of successful joint work."

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin hold joint news conference after summit in Helsinki and Russian leader says: 'The Cold War is over'

The meeting came after Putin left Trump waiting for 45 minutes and the US President claimed America's relationship with Russia had NEVER been worse.

At a brief photo op prior to the meeting, Trump had said: "We have a lot of good things to talk about. Military, missiles, China our mutual friend president Xi. We have great opportunities together.

"We have not been getting along very well over the past years. I feel we’ll have an extraordinary relationship - getting along with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing."

Their private meeting lasted roughly two hours, after which Trump was asked how it went and replied: "I think it's a good start. A very, very good start for everybody".
[....]
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6782313/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-summit-helsinki-finland-russia-us-meeting-latest/
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can certainly hope this works out....but as we have seen numerous times , its probably another North Korea disaster and nothing will come from it.

Probably need to wait a few days . Truth takes a while to get out, lies are instantaneous .

And since all we really see are the orange ones lies, it makes sense.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
One can certainly hope this works out....but as we have seen numerous times , its probably another North Korea disaster and nothing will come from it.

Another North Korean disaster? Does anyone know what he's talking about? https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/12/donald-trump-kim-jong-un-letter-715383

It seems to me that Trump is out-performing expectations everywhere but in Congress. His approvals are up to 45%.

He has the Democrats so buffaloed that they're going into the midterm elections as champions of open borders, and immigrant rights. This is the political equivalent of the charge of the Light Brigade.

Toronto Centre wrote:
Probably need to wait a few days . Truth takes a while to get out, lies are instantaneous .

And since all we really see are the orange ones lies, it makes sense.

One wonders what lies have emerged so far, But, on 'the other hand, TC does run at the mouth ... and if all he is seeing is "orange", he's missing the show!
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops...didnt have to wait long. LOL

tRump couldnt stage a two car parade without f***ing it up.

His presser was a disaster, took Putins word over his own security. Fox news and every other media is slamming this disaster , some calling it treasonous. (a bit much of course)

Ahh....another disaster like NKPR .

Hmm...should be fun to watch the clown dance!

(pssst....if you take your mouth off his ass you might see things for what they are.)
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
VLADIMIR PUTIN REVEALS WHAT HE TALKED ABOUT WITH TRUMP — SAYS RELATIONSHIP ‘CHANGED FOR THE BETTER’
10:47 PM 07/16/2018
Justin Caruso | Senior Media Reporter

Russian President Vladimir Putin revealed what his meeting with President Trump was about in an interview with Fox News Channel’s Chris Wallace Monday.

“I think we should be grateful to our staff and our aides who spent several last months working with one another and not just in the preparations of this summit,” Putin said. “I’m referring to the effort of our agencies across the board who worked in even the very sensitive areas, sensitive both for Russia and the United States.”

“Primarily, I refer to the counter-terrorism efforts today, with–talking with President Trump, we agreed that terrorism is a greater threat than it seems at first. Because, God forbid, if something happens, if there is a terrorist attack using the weapons of mass destruction, if they get their hands to weapons of mass destruction, it may have devastating ramifications. And so, our military, our special agencies, do establish cooperation in this particularly important area.”

Putin also told Wallace that Putin and Trump talked about the Iranian nuclear program and North Korea.

“We also discussed the Iranian nuclear program. We discussed what we can do to improve the situation with North Korea. I’ve pointed out, and I will point out again, that I think that President Trump contributed a lot, that he did a lot to settle this issue.”

“But in order to achieve complete denuclearization of the peninsula it will take international guarantees, and Russia stands ready to make its contribution to the extent that will be necessary. So, we can say that there are several issues of crucial importance for us — this and some others — we are starting to achieve some understanding which gives us sufficient ground to say that some things — a lot of things changed for the better during today’s meeting.”
http://dailycaller.com/2018/07.....paign=push

In other news ... we seem to have a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome active on this panel. If any foam lands on you, wash it off with warm soapy water immediately. It can make you go crazy.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These folks will be getting the soapy water ready. LOL.

Quote:
Even if Trump doesn’t owe Putin a thing, he looked and sounded, to all intents and purposes, like his lackey, or like his puppet, as Hillary Clinton foresaw.
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/in-helsinki-trump-hazed-america-as-if-he-were-putin-s-puppet-1.6280299

Quote:
Trump’s Sad, Weak Encounter With Putin.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelli.....sinki.html

Quote:
Trump cowers before Putin
In a disgraceful display, he sides with Russian strongman, turns his back on U.S. intelligence.
https://www.newsday.com/opinion/editorial/putin-trump-summit-1.19864239

Quote:
that what Trump did is perfectly understandable if you believe, as I have argued recently, that he’s a Russian stooge.
http://theconversation.com/the.....ork-100083

A Russian stooge...I like that one.

Want to know what Fox News said? I can post it when you remove your lips from the orange one, just let me know.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am increasingly seeing Trump as a character in Dilbert ... chugging along with his mission no matter what. When I say that, I mean that I have become a follower of Scott Adams, Dilbert's creator, and an exponent of what he calls 'persuasion' -- basically, an advertising-based view that has refined rules to move the masses by influencing what they believe to be true. Obviously one of the Black Arts. The point is that Trump is a master promoter/salesman above everything else.

This is the 'narrative' I see. Trump makes sure the Americans respect the Russians in Syria. He makes sure the Americans 'contribute' to the security of the World Cup. Probably there is something like a back channel forming. Trump approaches Helsinki with a stop-over in the EU and a chat with NATO. Then he goes to Helsinki, but not as a triumphant big shot in the midst of clearing the table, but as a supplicant. This us, not Trump's usual style. Why?

Because he is establishing trust. If Russia is afraid of being bullied, acting big is a dumb approach.

This is a process that is just starting. Trump still has the sanctions and financial clubs to play. Obviously, he is angling for something bigger than normal.

Right now, he is taking the political heat for not humiliating Putin in public about a phoney case put together within a rogue intelligence community. And Putin knows that. How crazy do you have to get?

In all seriousness, how can anyone believe Anderson Cooper when he clutches his pearls?

But if Trump can loosen the Russian ties to China and Iran, letting them have its energy markets in Europe ... that can (at least) dangle before him. Putin is realistic enough to realize that Europe can't depend on a potential foe for its basic energy needs.

The other thing is Putin is being demonized. The radioactive poison thing is under doubt, for instance, because it looks like a false flag staged by (gasp) the British intelligence community! https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/british-lab-confirms-novichok-used-in-spy-attack-but-cant-determine-source/2018/04/03/3413be96-3765-11e8-af3c-2123715f78df_story.html?utm_term=.63a94bf0fbc1

But let's not deny that leaders of big nations cause people to be killed. Teresa May did. The sainted Obama had drones all over the middle east picking off targeted people in white Toyota SUVs.. Is Putin worse than Kim Il Un? Is Netanyahu a "thug"? He has the same kind of background as Putin.

Putin wants 'in' without losing 'the Russia thing'. You know, culture, common heritage, all that stuff we are blind to. If Trump can get Kim nibbling the bait, why couldn't he tempt Putin?

Look at the choice! It's a less bleak for the Russians, but akin to the choice between North and South Korea. Russia is losing population. It has a "Moslem problem". It is resource rich. It needs into world markets. And Trump is going to be setting the terms.

So I think Trump is choosing to take the political heat because he knows that the media are getting outraged at something. But none of the reportage really 'feel' the outrage'. Who can blame Trump if he doesn't trust Rosenstein, Meuller, Wray, Clapper, Brennan, etc. He doesn't even know where Sessions, his own Attorney-General, stands. But that's the "intelligence community" that the media are excoriating Trump for suspecting.

Trump did not involve Putin in these games in the press conference. It would not have moved the ball towards the goal line. In this case, he didn't go all 'jingoistic bravado' to defend fake news. He deflected the questions.

You have to think on this -- to a considerable extent, these 'intelligence organizations' leak what they discover. Blackmail material is at a premium in Washington DC. The Clinton Machine seems to have had two bases of power -- oodles of money, and a way of blackmailing people who don't go along. Now we see that a considerable part of the American equivalent of the secret police has been closely integrated into the Clinton machine.

This is a treacherous world, and the rogue elements feel an immunity to Congressional power. At the same time, they are openly working to bring down a president through leaks of information and the creation of pseudo-events. I think that's where Americans are at, and in a sense, we all share that.

I know this is getting to be a radically 'different' view. I offer it because Anderson Cooper seems so desperate to my eyes, yet that view seems to be 'taking'.

It will go away. Not the attitude, but this particular case is without merit. The US is already in a Cold War with Russia, and this is a thaw. It isn't a reasonable expectation that any American President would upbraid a Russian premier in a press conference in the midst of a diplomatic mission. That's just the craziness of the moment.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I am increasingly seeing Trump as a character in Dilbert ...

Excellent, and I concur.

I picture him as the unnamed 'pointy haired boss' .

Adams creation is described thusly.."He is hopelessly incompetent at management, and often tries to compensate for his lack of skills with countless group therapy sessions and business strategies that rarely bear fruit.
He does not understand technical issues, but always tries to disguise this, usually by using buzzwords he also does not understand. The Boss treats his employees alternately with enthusiasm or neglect; he often uses them to his own ends regardless of the consequences to them.

Yup. I agree.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump would be the one Dilbert character who gives 'winning' a higher priority than being nice.

But as orange as he is, he's strangely successful ... whereas TC? ... not so much.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Trump would be the one Dilbert character who gives 'winning' a higher priority than being nice.

LOL. Your analogy while spot on backfired huh?
Oh well, he is the boss and as such...Dilbert boss. Clueless !
Quote:

But as orange as he is, he's strangely successful ... whereas TC? ... not so much.

Failure...
North Korea
Russia
Int'l relations
Trade tariffs

Did you see what John Dean said about him this morning? Oh my...saaaay...did you like Fox News ripping of the orange one?

Its laughable how bad the chump is. But we know....
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, like so much else, you are going off prematurely?

Quote:
US Stocks Extend Gains As Yuan Tumbles To 12-Month Lows
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-18/us-stocks-extend-gains-yuan-tumbles-12-month-lows

Perhaps TC can list his accomplishments ... otherwise, I think we can conclude that, as for TC's success in life compared to Trump's ... well, put it this way ... Trump boinks a supermodel ... and TC boinks a feminist who solicits girls for abortions for a living!
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Perhaps, like so much else, you are going off prematurely?

Not at all .

Your headline tells the whole story.

Quote:
US Stocks Extend Gains As Yuan Tumbles To 12-Month Lows

Yuan down...so USD is up.

Aint rocket science you know !
Quote:

Perhaps TC can list his accomplishments ... otherwise, I think we can conclude that, as for TC's success in life compared to Trump's ... well, put it this way ... Trump boinks a supermodel ... and TC boinks a feminist who solicits girls for abortions for a living!

That says all one needs to know about the debate skills you have. LOL!
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Putin says there are 'powerful forces' trying to undermine US-Russia relations
* Russian President Vladimir Putin has said there are "forces" at work that are trying to hamper an improvement in U.S.-Russia relations
* Putin added that "those forces are powerful" and that they were trying to "disown the summit results"
* Trump and Putin's summit in Finland caused a furor after Trump appeared to publicly question the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election
Holly Ellyatt
Published 1 Hour Ago Updated 1 Hour Ago
CNBC.com

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said there are "forces" at work that are trying to hamper an improvement in U.S.-Russia relations.

Commenting on his summit with President Donald Trump in Helsinki, Finland, on Monday, Putin said, "We see that there are forces in the United States that are prepared to casually sacrifice Russian-U.S. relations, to sacrifice them for their ambitions in the course of an internal political battle in the United States," Reuters reported.

Speaking after meeting Russian diplomats at the foreign ministry in Moscow, Putin added that "those forces are powerful" and that they were trying to "disown the summit results." Putin did not name or specify what kind of forces he was alluding to.

Trump and Putin's summit in Finland caused a furor after Trump appeared to publicly question the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Putin denied that Russia interfered in the U.S. democratic process and Trump said that the Russian president was "extremely strong and powerful in his denial."

Trump's comments prompted a rebuke from Republicans and Democrats alike and ex-CIA chief John Brennan said the remarks were "nothing short of treasonous."

Putin said the summit had been a success overall and had led to "useful agreements," Russian state agency TASS reported. However, he added that it would be "naive" to think that "years-old problems" between could be solved in the space of a few hours.

"The path to positive changes has all the same begun," Putin said, according to Reuters. "It's important that a full-scale meeting has finally taken place allowing us to talk directly."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/putin-says-there-are-powerful-forces-trying-to-damage-us-russia-rela.html

Putin is signalling that he's ready to talk turkey, and 'that he knows what Trump is facing domestically.
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Trump Says Looking Forward to Second Meeting With Putin © REUTERS / Kevin Lamarque
WORLD
16:21 19.07.2018(updated 16:53 19.07.2018) Get short URL4203
The president's words come amid continuing criticism from US politicians and some media over his handling of the Helsinki summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

President Trump has taken to Twitter to voice his concerns over how the so-called 'Fake News Media' was handling his approach to Russia, warning that they "badly" wanted "to see a major confrontation with Russia," even if this "could lead to war."

The media, according to the president, are acting "recklessly," and hate that he will "probably have a good relationship with Putin."

Calling "the Fake News Media" the "real enemy of the people," Trump said that his summit with Putin "was a great success," adding that he was looking forward to a second meeting with the Russian president to discuss important issues such as fighting terrorism, Israel's security, nuclear proliferation, and many other issues.
https://sputniknews.com/world/201807191066505235-trump-fake-news-confrontation/?utm_source=push&utm_medium=browser_notification&utm_campaign=sputnik_inter_en

Another signal. It seems to me that the animus 'towards Putin is way over the top. How is it reasonable to expect heads of state to publicly embarrass each other in public when everyone knows that part of finding a settlement is providing a way to 'save face' over changes in position. These inevitably betray domestic interests.

Trump is 'taking the heat' but he is not going to cotton to the faux anti-Putin sentiments being generated in the media. The stories about Kim Il Un were too fabulously Jame Bondish to be easily believed, for example. Besides the latest bit of on-the-street diabolical murders were most likely done by the British.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Sergei_and_Yulia_Skripal and https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-06/russia-demolishes-uk-poisoning-hoax-during-emergency-security-council-meeting

There's a lot to be gained by ending 'the isolation of Russia.
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad on the Trump-Putin press conference fallout

Quote:
Trump Will Win This Round With the Deep State
By Conrad Black| July 18th, 2018

When the cant and emotionalism subside, the Helsinki summit will go down in history as a turning point in this American president’s struggle to disembowel the bipartisan regime of complacency and lassitude he successfully ran against. It may also be a modest inflection point in U.S.-Russian relations.

President Trump knew what he was getting into in holding a press conference with Vladimir Putin. He knew the press would ask him whose version of Russian meddling in the 2016 election does he believe? Putin’s? Or that of former U.S. intelligence agency directors John Brennan, James Clapper, and James Comey? The question came and President Trump quickly moved to the missing Clinton servers and 33,000 erased Clinton emails under congressional subpoena.

Trump’s response causes the ultimate evocation to the voters in this epic battle that has been lurching and raging over America and astonishing the world for two years. Many of the president’s political supporters expressed genuine regret. U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Trump had “missed an opportunity” to confront Putin publicly, and Newt Gingrich said that the president’s remarks were a “serious error,” requiring immediate correction. The departing NeverTrumpers like House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), and Senators Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), and John McCain (R-Ariz.), and even Trump late-comers like Senate Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), were more critical. The Democrats offered almost uniform expressions of shock and anger that the president had humiliated the country.

They all missed the point. The real issue surged to the surface and into the ether in a blinding flash about five minutes after the joint press conference ended in the form of a tweet from former CIA director John Brennan.

Quote:
John O. Brennan

@JohnBrennan
Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???

11:52 AM - Jul 16, 2018
136K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Perhaps the most virulent (and fearful) Trump-hater of all, Brennan described Trump’s public performance (not any imagined private betrayals) as “exceeding the threshold of ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ and justified impeachment” as “treasonous” and “imbecilic.” Although this was defamatory lunacy, it attracted unctuous hand-wringing and robotic nodding of talking heads among Trump’s most consistent cable network detractors. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said it was clear Putin “had something on” Trump.

What Trump Didn’t Do—and What He Actually Did
The president could have made the point that former U.S. Ambassador Jack Matlock made last week that the intelligence community had in fact only tentatively concluded that there was official Russian meddling of a very insignificant and ineffectual kind in the 2016 election. He could have dwelt on the fact that all that has really been unearthed is about $10 million of rather vague advertisements on Facebook decrying the general condition of the country, compared to an unprecedented $250 million of Clinton attack ads against Trump in that campaign.

And he could certainly have remarked that since Brennan and Clapper both had accused Trump of colluding with the Russians, and he had done nothing of the kind (as Putin affirmed), and since there was not a shred of evidence to corroborate that allegation or Clapper’s claim that the Russians had tipped the election to Trump, and as both Clapper and Brennan, as well as Comey, had lied to Congress under oath in related matters, he, President Trump, put more faith in Putin’s account of the absence of collusion than in the defamatory allegations of the former leaders of the American intelligence community. He might even have added that the United States had interfered countless times in the internal electoral processes, even primitive ones, of dozens of countries (including Russia) over many decades, and cautioned against excessive righteousness.

Trump did none of these things. Instead, he raised the ante.

Mueller’s Indictment Stunt
The Russian meddling is nonsense. It was trivial and though it is almost inconceivable that Putin wasn’t aware of it, that could never be proved. The president stated before the world that the U.S. intelligence community was so profoundly corrupted under his predecessor that it is less plausible than the chief occupant of the Kremlin on the subject of the late American election, which the directors of the intelligence agencies cooperated in trying to rig and then to undo, in stark and criminal violation of the Constitution. The incumbent president on one side and the former heads of the CIA, ODNI, and FBI on the other are accusing one another of heinous crimes of unconstitutional betrayal of the greatest offices of the republic.

Clearly, if to some extent implicitly, Donald Trump is saying that the latest Mueller accusations against this gang of Russian intelligence officials are a stunt to try to prop up the fraud that there was something suspect in Trump’s pre-election relations with the Russians. Naturally, this sent the Democratic leadership before the television cameras of their obsequious network supporters to tell Trump to stop calling it a witch-hunt and cancel the Putin meeting.

Maybe Newt Gingrich and other supportive Republicans are right, and maybe not. The entire political process is almost stalled in this death struggle between the former political establishment and the president. Because Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a self-emasculated nonentity and his deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, is a long-time chum of the old praetorian guard of Mueller, Comey, et al., Mueller can continue his farce that can’t get past pretend indictments of unextraditable Russians and further measures of semi-torture of Paul Manafort for alleged tax fraud many years before he met Trump.

Mueller will keep this charade running to the election, with Sessions and Rosenstein as nodding straight-men, and Trump can’t slice the Gordian Knot yet because of the political repercussions of firing Sessions and his deputy. The voters will have to be the jury. This controversy will settle down, and after the Senate has dealt (affirmatively) with the Supreme Court nominee, all will be quiet until the campaign really heats up after Labor Day.

Strategically, Trump is correct: Russia is a paper tiger apart from its nuclear weapons, has a GDP smaller than Canada’s, and Putin is conducting a clumsy imitation of Charles de Gaulle’s elegant restoration of France as a serious power by being a nuisance to the Anglo-Americans in order to redeem the fiasco of the French surrender to the Nazis in 1940.

The danger with Putin is to drive Russia into the arms of China and Iran, and the goodwill of the Kremlin can be had by the United States for less than continuing the present NATO pocket-picking. NATO can be reformed and Russia can be made a semi-cooperative state of convenience. These are reasonable goals and they are attainable.

Yes, There Was Illicit Meddling in the 2016 Election
What makes this controversy so unique, riveting, and infuriating, is the ability of the palsied Democratic leaders, with their media accomplices and dupes, to keep this dead pigeon of collusion alive by pretending Mueller is conducting a serious investigation; and that they may ride the traditional wave of midterm congressional losses for the administration to distract and paralyze the government with a fraudulent impeachment debate and hopeless Senate trial consuming much of 2019 and deferring the day of reckoning for the culprits of the Clinton campaign and the Justice Department and intelligence agencies.

They are trying to cover up the greatest illicit meddling in an American election in history: by American intelligence agencies. In their desperation since the defeat of the candidate they covertly supported, who would have covered it up for them, they have been trying to maintain the fraud of collusion and conflate it with the trivial and routine interventions of some Russian operatives in the 2016 election.

The president saw that the only way to resolve this is to campaign energetically in the midterms (which no president has really done before), in opposition to open borders, a rollback of tax cuts, and this dishonest and unconstitutional skullduggery. He should celebrate Labor Day by ordering the release of what the congressional committees have been demanding from Rosenstein for many months.

Trump could have handled things better in Helsinki, and should not have provoked a clarification from National Intelligence Director Dan Coats. But fundamentally he is right. And he will win.
https://amgreatness.com/2018/07/18/trump-will-win-this-round-with-the-deep-state/

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: