Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do anything with this. TC quotes my post, and then says I go off he rails into what he calls my "feelings", but he doesn't show 'it. It's just his opinion vrs arithmetic. The only supposition is my guess at how the cis-gendered white male population fares with regard to equity status protected men.

In TC's cock-eyed world, fundamental fairness doesn't mean giving everybody the same chance to succeed. It means the achievement of some quota, no matter how unfairly achieved.

But he won't go into the substance of his position, and refute mine. He just strikes a pose and sniffs dismissively. There's nothing to contend with. He is just in denial.

Here's what's really happening. From amazon ...

https://www.amazon.com/How-Destroy-Man-Now-DAMN/dp/099982032X/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ref_=nav_signin&&linkCode=sl1&tag=insta0c-20&linkId=011d7107197dd26755b2abbe528253f3

They are printing how-to manuals.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signs suggest Caroline Mulroney leadership bid is struggling

Mulroney lost 2 key endorsements, launched attacks on rivals Doug Ford and Christine Elliott

By Mike Crawley, CBC News Posted: Feb 28, 2018 5:00 AM ET| Last Updated: Feb 28, 2018 3:36 PM ET

Caroline Mulroney attends the PC leadership debate at TVO studios in Toronto on Feb. 15.

Tonight's Ontario PC leadership debate in Ottawa comes just two days before voting begins, so it's really the last chance for the candidates to make a big impression on a large number of party members at once.

With Patrick Brown no longer in the race, the obvious lightning rod for attacks is gone. So how will the remaining four candidates handle each other?

In the past few days, Caroline Mulroney has gone on the attack against Doug Ford and Christine Elliott (while pretty much ignoring the fourth candidate, Tanya Granic Allen). It's a telltale sign Mulroney is trailing Ford and Elliott in the race.

When you are ahead in a leadership contest, you don't attack your opponents, you flatter them. That's because you are trying to position yourself to become the second choice of your opponents' supporters, believing your opponents will get knocked off the ballot before you.

Mulroney's approach right now is anything but flattery.

"Doug can't get the job done, and Christine has proven that she won't," she declared in a speech last Friday.

Ford "has no clue what his random ideas will actually cost," Mulroney said. "Doug's on-the-fly policy making will cost billions … he has no credibility on this."

Toronto PC leadership candidates
The candidates battling to lead the Ontario PC party are, from left: Christine Elliott, Tanya Granic Allen, Doug Ford and Caroline Mulroney. (The Canadian Press/Drafttanya.com)

Her attacks on Elliott were similarly stinging, focusing on the job Elliott quit to join the leadership race, as Ontario's first patient ombudsman.

"We need a candidate that will stand up to Kathleen Wynne, not work for her," said Mulroney. "When Christine should have been up at Queen's Park, she was collecting paycheques from Kathleen Wynne. When she should have been committed to our party, she took a job from Kathleen Wynne."

​"It just shows a little bit of desperation, perhaps," said MPP Todd Smith, a co-chair of Elliott's leadership campaign, in an interview at the Legislature.

Mulroney's team publicly rejects the notion that the attacks indicate she is behind.

"It is actually quite common for the candidates [in a leadership race] to point out the differences between themselves and their opponents," said MPP John Yakabuski, a co-chair of the Mulroney campaign. "I think Caroline is doing just that. She's been very respectful of the other candidates."

Privately, two backroomers in Mulroney's camp admitted to CBC News in separate conversations that she is not in the lead.

Mulroney's momentum was hampered last week when two PC candidates who had publicly endorsed her abandoned her and swung their support to Elliott. They are both former Conservative MPs: Paul Calandra, now running for the PCs in Markham-Stouffville, and Parm Gill, running in Milton.

Endorsements do sometimes shift during a typical leadership race that last months, but it's rare to see someone withdraw their endorsement barely three weeks after giving it in the first place.

Elliott "has the best chance to unify our party," Calandra told me. "She has the deepest roots and a great organization."

Endorsements also do not guarantee a win. Elliott had far more endorsements from PC MPPs in her 2015 leadership run, but still lost to Brown.

Mulroney's camp argues that Elliott is on the attack against their candidate, just not explicitly. "We don't have time for a leader in training, the risk is too high," Elliott said in a speech in Toronto on Tuesday.

She did not name Mulroney, but it was perfectly clear who she was talking about.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....-1.4554179
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Ford, Christine Elliott treat each other as biggest threat in Ontario PC debate

John Ibbitson

Published February 28, 2018

Updated 10 hours ago

What was otherwise a dull, dull, dull debate for the Ontario PC leadership erupted into an attack by former Toronto councillor Doug Ford on former MPP Christine Elliott Wednesday night, suggesting that each now considers the other the real threat.

Mr. Ford accused Ms. Elliott of a series of opportunistic flip-flops, supporting and then opposing the Liberal government's new sex-education curriculum, supporting and then opposing a carbon tax and opposing Kathleen Wynne's Liberal government then accepting the job of patient ombudsman from that same government.

"People want to know which Christine they're going to get," he declared, to hoots and applause from some in the audience.

"I don't have anything to apologize to you for," Ms. Elliott retorted, saying her positions were consistent and her appointment was based on merit.

Caroline Mulroney was more often than not silent during open debate, reminding viewers she is a newcomer to such forums, and to politics. Later, however, the businesswoman and lawyer also tussled with Mr. Ford, when Ms. Mulroney criticized him for not reporting abuses he claimed to have witnessed at nomination meetings.

"Caroline, I find it pretty rich for you to say this, a person who got parachuted" into her riding, Mr. Ford shot back, adding, "Maybe we should reopen her nomination."

Things generally deteriorated for a while, until Ms. Elliott reminded everyone "we all have to come together when this is all over." From this vantage point, that moment was typical. If there was one candidate on the stage who successfully projected the message, "I am ready to be premier," it was Ms. Elliott.

For much of the evening, the three leading candidates to become leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario were interested in protecting their flanks, suggesting a close race that will be won on the ground by the organization that does the best job of getting its supporters to vote, not on the airwaves.

With former leader Patrick Brown no longer in the running, the Tories are locked in a three-way race, with each candidate emphasizing their strengths: experience (Ms. Elliott), a fresh face (Ms. Mulroney) and good-old-boy populism (Mr. Ford). Polls show that the Liberals under Kathleen Wynne's are deeply unpopular, with the Tories having a good shot at winning the next election despite their disunity.

Much of the debate was dominated by Tanya Granic Allen, a social-conservative activist who is a marginal candidate in reality, but who at times acted like a hostile moderator (Althia Raj of Huffington Post was the actual moderator), relentlessly cross-examining the other candidates on her pet issues: changing the province's sex-education curriculum and confronting what she believes is a culture of corruption within the party leadership.

As her tirades dragged on, one began to suspect the other candidates were willing to allow Ms. Allen to dominate the debate, if only to run out the clock.

People who place the environment high on their list of priorities should steer clear of this party. All the candidates repeated their vow not to implement a carbon tax, which had been in the party platform under Mr. Brown, without explaining how they would replace the missing billions it would have provided, other than to cut mythical "waste." Mr. Ford was at least colourful in his evasions, vowing "to sanitize Queen's Park from top to bottom."

There are conflicting indicators of how well the three major candidates are doing. The Mulroney campaign has raised $780,000 – a substantial sum given that the race is a month old – and attendance has been high at some campaign events.

But a Mainstreet poll released Wednesday showed Mr. Ford and Ms. Elliott essentially tied in support, with Ms. Mulroney well back. That poll, however, should be handled gingerly. Mainstreet notoriously misforecast the Calgary mayoral race last year. Polling of party members can be especially difficult, given that we don't know who and how many will actually register and then vote. In any case, the candidate with the most second-choice support is likely to prevail.

This contest is going to boil down to which operation is able to persuade its supporters to cast an online ballot before voting ends March 8. Even with the occasional dust-up, Wednesday's debate probably changed little, even if it was occasionally fun to watch.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/doug-ford-christine-elliott-treat-each-other-as-biggest-threat-in-ontario-pc-debate/article38160453/
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

February 28, 2018 3:23 pm Updated: February 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Thousands of Ontario PC members may not be able to register in time for leadership vote

ALAN CARTER By Alan Carter
Anchor/Queen's Park Bureau Chief Global News

With the deadline fast approaching for Ontario Progressive Conservative Party members to register to vote for Patrick Brown’s replacement as leader, serious problems with getting members signed up have forced the party to extend a key deadline.

Global News has learned that 10,000 party registration letters were delayed by six or seven days in being mailed out, which means thousands of members who paid a $10 membership fee may not be able to vote in the leadership contest.

In an email sent at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday to the head of the leadership committee (LEOC), the CFO of the Christine Elliott campaign called the situation “patently unacceptable.”

“Sadly, the delay may result in some members being disenfranchised or unable to register in time to vote. If only we had known sooner the extent of the situation,” Jeffrey Kroeker wrote in an email obtained by Global News.

“Campaigns were informed that the direct mail vendor had in fact placed these letters into the Canada Post mail system on or about Feb. 20 and/or 21 … the letters were placed into the mail some six to seven days late.”

The early morning email followed a decision by the LEOC late Tuesday to extend the deadline to register to Monday from the original deadline of Friday. Voting will be done remotely between March 2 and March 8 as previously planned.

That decision was initially opposed by the Elliott campaign, which complained it was akin to ‘moving the goalposts.’ It asked to have the change in registration deadline overturned. A spokesperson for the campaign said that was before it learned about the delay in mailing out so many registrations.

In an attempt to ensure members are who they say they are, everyone who is a fully-paid PC member receives a PIN in the mail and then registers online using both ID and the PIN.

On Wednesday, Doug Ford also added to concerns about voting problems in the leadership campaign. He issued a statement calling for any membership purchased with a pre-paid credit card to be removed from the list of eligible voters.

“We were surprised and disappointed to hear of the large-scale use of ‘pre-paid’ credit cards to pay for new memberships — a clear violation of the membership rules,” Ford wrote.

When contacted by Global News, LEOC head Hartley Lefton said he had not seen the statement by Ford. However, he said pre-paid credit cards were a valid way of purchasing a party membership.

Caroline Mulroney issued her own statement on Wednesday and she also expressed concern over so-called ‘burner’ credit cards and mail out delays.

“I remain concerned about the potential for fraudulent memberships. The party has already removed almost 500 “highly suspicious” members from the list and I believe they should continue to investigate individual suspicious cases,” she said.

The Ontario PC Party will announce the new leader on March 10.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4053806/ontario-pc-party-member-registration/
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I can't do anything with this. TC quotes my post, and then says I go off he rails into what he calls my "feelings", but he doesn't show 'it. It's just his opinion vrs arithmetic.

I quoted your post and made sure the only fact was highlighted. And that is that women ar into medicine. So good for you.

The rest that flowed from that were just your feeelings , nothing to back said feelings except your butt hurt white man agenda.

Women have certainly done you harm haven't they?

Quote:

In TC's cock-eyed world, fundamental fairness doesn't mean giving everybody the same chance to succeed. It means the achievement of some quota, no matter how unfairly achieved.

LOL !

Except I havent touched on equity , quota's or the like.

But dont let that stop you from whinging.

Lets all have a good laugh shall we...?
Quote:

Here's what's really happening. From amazon ...

https://www.amazon.com/How-Destroy-Man-Now-DAMN/dp/099982032X/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ref_=nav_signin&&linkCode=sl1&tag=insta0c-20&linkId=011d7107197dd26755b2abbe528253f3

They are printing how-to manuals.

Oh my god how ridiculous . Dont you ever get embarassed by these feeble attempts to link things up?

A book from Amazon that details the how to for women who have been assaulted by powerful men is somehow just a book on how to destroy innocent men.

Riiiiiight.

If I had something to refute except your " feelings, nothing more than feelings' .... I would.

But its all you have and well.... funny and sad.
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you're ignoring is that females are being picked for entrance to medical schools at a 2:1 ratio. In the name of "equality". People with more agile brains can recognize a contradiction. You can't.

There are only about 2100 positions each year that come open in the whole country. There is no shortage of smart people of both sexes applying. It isn't that one group is brighter than the other, or more qualified than the other.

Run on ... I don't care. None of this is my feelings.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
The fact that you're ignoring is that females are being picked for entrance to medical schools at a 2:1 ratio.

Fact?

Thats bullshit and you just made that up to support your 'feelings' . If not, post where the females are being 'picked'

Ahh, nevermind, you could never find that info. But what we have is what you posted so lets go look there.
This is your link...agreed? Good
https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/CMES2017-Section2-EnrolmentAttrition.pdf
Page 11.... latest stats...
Males in Med - 5149
Females in Med -6549

2-1? You suck at math.
Quote:

In the name of "equality". People with more agile brains can recognize a contradiction. You can't.

I shall dismiss this since you made up the 2-1 ratio from your butt....and since you cannot do math, then I suspect your brain is addled.

Why do women terrorize you ? Why are you scared all the time? Did you lose a job to a women some time ago?
Quote:

There are only about 2100 positions each year that come open in the whole country. There is no shortage of smart people of both sexes applying. It isn't that one group is brighter than the other, or more qualified than the other.

Correct . I agree.

And thats why its close to 50/50% in attendance. Men vs women.

Whats your point?
Quote:

Run on ... I don't care. None of this is my feelings.

You care.

Its all your feelings pretty much in this thread.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDITORIAL: Path ahead clear for new Ontario PC leader

Postmedia News

Published:
March 2, 2018

Updated:
March 2, 2018 8:02 AM EST

Filed Under:

Toronto SUN ›
Opinion ›
Editorials ›

Ontario PC leadership candidates (L-R) Tanya Granic Allen, Caroline Mulroney, Christine Elliott, and Doug Ford pose for a photo following this week's debate in Ottawa. (Postmedia Network)

The four remaining candidates in the Ontario PC leadership race all agreed on one thing during their final debate before party members choose a new leader March 10.

Kathleen Wynne is their real enemy.

The most deceitful, self-serving and preposterous political lie voters will hear from now until June 7 is that Ontario Liberals have a plan to create a more “fair” province.

“Choose Change” was the slogan Dalton McGuinty rode to power almost 15 years ago to remedy shortcomings attributed to Mike Harris’ conservative government.

Since then, the Liberal track record has included scandal, corruption charges, influence peddling allegations, billions wasted on mismanagement, reckless debt accumulation and increasingly broken public services and programs.

How do you like change so far?

A decade and a half of rising debt and deficit, to the point where Ontario leads the world in per-capita debt for a sub-national jurisdiction.Nation-leading tax and user fees hikes.The highest hydro rates in Canada.The highest auto insurance premiums in Canada.The loss of 75,000 manufacturing jobs from 2005 to 2015.Plans to jack up the minimum wage to make things “fairer” for the growing number of Ontarians working minimum wage jobs.

But we’ve got our health care, right? And great transit services, an effective social housing and mental health safety net, a great network of public roads?

Well, no.

What we have is an increasingly broken and bureaucratic health care system riddled with bed shortages, doctor shortages and chronically jammed emergency rooms, transit chaos, traffic gridlock, dysfunctional social housing and mental health care systems and we could go on.

Kathleen Wynne and her way-past-its-due-date Liberal government care little for the dull business of government.

Instead, they tilt at ideological windmills and appear ruthlessly willing to play a toxic game of gender, race and class warfare to get re-elected.

The new Ontario PC leader will carry some baggage from the Patrick Brown soap opera into the election campaign and broader party problems.

It’s ok to be flawed and to admit that.

The most critical work ahead however will be building trust to convince voters they can undo Liberal damage to this province, to actually lead and better serve the collective interest of all Ontarians

http://torontosun.com/opinion/.....-pc-leader
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( it continues to remain unclear if Patrick Brown will ever run again for the pc's , last night they held a nomination meeting in Barrie Innisfil , 1 of 2 open barrie ridings brown could of run in and considered the more tory friendly of the 2 , and they nominated a young former cpc staffer as candidate )

Lindsey Park‏ @lparkpc · 10h10 hours ago

Congratulations, @Andrea_Khanjin on becoming the Barrie-Innisfil @OntarioPCParty candidate!
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontario PC members begin voting for party's new leader but many can't cast ballots yet

4 candidates remain in tumultuous race to replace Patrick Brown and lead party into June election

By Mike Crawley, CBC News Posted: Mar 02, 2018 4:00 AM ET| Last Updated: Mar 02, 2018 4:00 AM ET

PC leadership candidates left to right: Tanya Granic Allen, Christine Elliott, Doug Ford, Caroline Mulroney,

The tumultuous and lightning-quick contest to become the new leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives enters its final phase Friday as party members begin voting.

However, thousands of them are not yet able to cast their ballots because of delays in receiving essential paperwork.

The PC party's online voting system opens at 9 a.m. Friday, and remains open until the evening of March 8. Party members will choose between Tanya Granic Allen, Christine Elliott, Doug Ford and Caroline Mulroney.

The winner will be announced March 10, less than three months ahead of Ontario`s election day on June 7.

Many members have yet to receive a key document that they require to vote, according to information provided to CBC News from the four campaigns.

PC members must have their eligibility verified online. The process involves uploading identification and submitting a code sent from the party by mail. It`s to ensure the result is not torqued by fraudulently purchased memberships.

Caroline Mulroney
Caroline Mulroney's spokersperson said there is concern whether all party members will receive their verfication to vote in time. (David Donnelly/CBC)

"We have thousands of voicemails and thousands of emails from people who are complaining that they haven't received their codes," said Ford campaign press secretary Lyndsey Vanstone. "We can't keep up."

The Mulroney campaign surveyed supporters on Thursday night and an official says the majority of those who responded indicated their registration package had not arrived.

"We are very concerned about the ability of all members to vote in this election," said Mulroney spokesperson Melissa Lantsman in an email to CBC News. "Right now we do not have firm numbers, but anecdotally we know verification levels are low."

Verification codes delayed

Officials in the Elliott campaign said many of her supporters have not received their codes and are getting frustrated waiting.

All the campaigns are offering sessions to help people go through the verification process. The deadline for PC members to verify their eligibility to vote is Monday.

"We're working hard to make sure everyone gets their verification codes by Monday," said Hartley Lefton, chair of the party's leadership election organizing committee, in a phone interview Thursday. "We've been very pleased by the tens of thousands of people who've been verified and who will vote to choose our new leader."

Meanwhile, questions linger about how large the party membership base actually is.

Former leader Patrick Brown's claim that the PCs had amassed 200,000 members has already been debunked as wildly inflated. A review ordered by interim leader Vic Fedeli shortly after Brown's January resignation weeded out invalid, expired and just plain fake memberships. Fedeli put the party's actual number of memberships at 133,000.

However, different sources in the party are giving vastly different numbers for the current membership list.

One source close to the process tells CBC News that Fedeli's lower number still included illegitimate memberships and puts the true current membership base closer to 100,000. That would still put it in the range of the party's previous all-time high during the 2002 leadership race to replace Mike Harris.

Two sources in Elliott's campaign tell CBC News the membership ranks have swollen to 200,000, buoyed by interest in the leadership contest.

Ranked ballot system

Party officials have not announced how many people signed up as members by the Feb. 16 deadline to be eligible to vote in the leadership race. They were to release that figure last Friday during a conference call, but cancelled it on short notice.

The voting system uses a ranked ballot: each party member will be asked to rank the candidates in order of preference. If no one takes 50 per cent of the votes on the first round, the candidate with the lowest number of votes is removed, and their supporters' second choices will be counted.

This means unless one candidate walks away with the leadership on the first ballot, party members' decisions on who they rank number two will prove crucial to determining the winner.

The system also gives equal weight to all 124 ridings in the province. Each riding counts for 100 points toward the overall count: the points awarded from each riding will be based on the percentage of the ballots cast for each candidate. That prevents a candidate from winning through signing up large numbers of members in a few populous ridings. Candidates will need to have broad-based support across the province to win.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....-1.4558374
Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to TC ... why don't you read my claim more carefully. I am saying women got 2/3rds of the growth in medicine since 1968 and this was based on social policy, not on merit.

If you want to end sexism, you don't build sexism into your social policies. Instead, we yammer on about inequality, but what we implement is a new sexism.

If you're happy with that, well ... there's no disputing taste. But you shouldn't expect me to go along with any program that assumes I am a (potential) rapist. If people like you, TC, think that, I say F*** You! Don't implicate me in your self-loathing.

If the other men on here are content to be regarded that way by their governments, or to allow that assumption to become current, that's up to them. As for me, I am only responsible for what I do and what I did, and the worst damage I ever did to a woman is to not live up to her expectations -- and isn't that pretty much par for the course?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
to TC ... why don't you read my claim more carefully.

There was no claim with any back up provided. Sorry.
Quote:

I am saying women got 2/3rds of the growth in medicine since 1968 and this was based on social policy, not on merit.

"I am saying..." , yes you are. And ...? . But where did that come from ? It wasnt in any link you posted. It was just an assumption of yours.
So the rise in women in medicine could not have been increased due to other factors ?

Quote:

If you're happy with that, well ... there's no disputing taste. But you shouldn't expect me to go along with any program that assumes I am a (potential) rapist. If people like you, TC, think that, I say F*** You! Don't implicate me in your self-loathing.

Project much ? LOL! Old angry white boy is upset and it isnt pretty.

Hey, its great there isnt a program that assumes youre a rapist .
Quote:

If the other men on here are content to be regarded that way by their governments, or to allow that assumption to become current, that's up to them.

There aren't. No worries there, unless they are some old misogynist too !
Quote:

As for me, I am only responsible for what I do and what I did, and the worst damage I ever did to a woman is to not live up to her expectations -- and isn't that pretty much par for the course?

Par for the course? Nope.

Only for you .
Bugs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are just too dumb to figure it out, so you just confuse the issue.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
You are just too dumb to figure it out, so you just confuse the issue.

LOL

Not my fault your feelings are not backed up with any credible cites.

Kind of normal actually.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is your fault.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  

Jump to: