Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Only a moron supports a lying(and constant at that) immoral jerk. Like Christians who support him, right wingers who opine" none of our business what pussy he grabs" but oh boy...BC getting head was a horrible slight to the White House and America.

I love hypocrisy and some own it outright. Wear it !

LOL!

He has the economy growing at better than 4%. He has the EU flying to Washington to surrender to Trump's terms rather than face car tariffs.

Makes one wonder exactly who is the moron.
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surrender ? Yea... Not.

Is the man a moron? Sure he is. An embarassing one at that.

And yes, even a moron can get something done. Thats says...what? Not much
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we have to wait for even more Trumpian victories for you to swallow your pride, and admit what is obvious -- that smart people can tell who the stupid people are, but stupid people can't tell who the smart people are.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely , now we have doctored video being passed off by WH press secretary Sarah.

Where does one get such a collection of idiots to promote this stupidity ? Oh wait....I should have guessed , Infowars , the aliens ate my baby of journalism.

Damn this shite is funny.

White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta
That edited video was first shared by Paul Joseph Watson, known for his conspiracy-theory videos on the far-right website Infowars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/08/white-house-shares-doctored-video-support-punishment-journalist-jim-acosta/?utm_term=.eba73dfb7e1b
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctored video???

The CNN guy did refuse to hand over the mic to the next reporter. And he did lay hands on a woman in doing so ... I would have thought you'd be giving us a lesson in 21st century etiquette ... and decrying Trump's cynical use of females to control the press (who, as we all know, are nobody's role models).

This is where you make your bones, TC. I don't bother with these bits of sexual iconograpy. I know women can do anything men can do, so I faciliate the independence.
I don't bother helping, and I suggest you do the same before you're accused of exploiting women. Besides, anything else is just so-oo beta.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Doctored video???

There is no question it is doctored. None. Zero. Verified numerous times by independants.

Dont look like a fool and think it wasn't. But if Infowars is you....there is no escaping looking foolish.

Quote:

The CNN guy did refuse to hand over the mic to the next reporter.

Rightfully so. Its his job and any President, aside from the idiot in there now, knows this.
Quote:

And he did lay hands on a woman in doing so ... I would have thought you'd be giving us a lesson in 21st century etiquette ... and decrying Trump's cynical use of females to control the press (who, as we all know, are nobody's role models).

This is where you make your bones, TC. I don't bother with these bits of sexual iconograpy. I know women can do anything men can do, so I faciliate the independence.
I don't bother helping, and I suggest you do the same before you're accused of exploiting women. Besides, anything else is just so-oo beta.

I have no idea what foolishness you are trying to peddle here.
Bugs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's all moot now. President Trump settled the issue. Some of the fake news media are going with the story that this amounts to America's Kristallnacht. 100 Jews were killed in that orgy of violence, which draws a snicker.

Nobody believes it's Kristallnacht, it's just that that's in the news.

So on to another ... Jim Pirhana had his White House press credentials shredded for not practicing journalism. Lately, he has been challenging Trump on his use of words. In the present case, Trump called the Caravan "an invasion". Acosta insisted it was more like a walk in the park and called him to confess his lie. They are going for footage that will embarrass Trump and show CNNs audience that they were right all along. .

Trump turned a cold eye, and displayed one of his superpowers. He made Acosta go away. And he answered journalist's questions for 90 minutes.

Why isn't everybody happy?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

Why isn't everybody happy?

Probably because most people want a free and unfettered press corps that can and should stand up and ask the hard questions.

The fact that the White House had to use , and man...from INfowars no less, a doctored video to prove their point only shoots themselves in the foot.

But hey, if you want sycophants then be my guest.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's possible to hold TC's view. that assumes "journalism" is what is taking place. The White House Press Corps is supposed to be gathering facts and seeking clarifications. It is not another legislature that can call the administration to account.

There are 50 seats in the room, all assigned to different news-gathering organizations. It isn't just Jim Acosta. The other news organizations don't have a problem.

From the White House point of view, the press conference's purpose is to explain the administration's version of events, and what they are doing. It's to give the reporters the facts they need to cover the story from the administration's side. It isn't to argue with opinion columnists, which is what Jim Acosta is doing. He's throwing his own opinion back at the administration to get footage to confirm the CNN version of Trump -- that is, he's a lucky idiot. Or worse.

Do you really expect any Preisdent to endure that?

Obama wire-tapped reporters and you can bet we only find out about 10% of the truth about these things. But there is no reason for anyone who was OK with Obama to be concerned about Donald Trump.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
It's to give the reporters the facts they need to cover the story from the administration's side. It isn't to argue with opinion columnists, which is what Jim Acosta is doing. He's throwing his own opinion back at the administration to get footage to confirm the CNN version of Trump -- that is, he's a lucky idiot. Or worse.

Now that FOX news is backing CNN's attempt to get Acosta back in.....what do you say? Ya know, other than crickets. LOL!
Quote:

Do you really expect any Preisdent to endure that?

Yes but not this one. He cannot endure a thing, rain, truth, lack of fawning, but mostly rain.

How pathetic he is.
Quote:

Obama wire-tapped reporters

Oops...more lies!

Infowars again!
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox filed an amicus brief but nobody knows what it says. It doesn't need to be in support of Acosta, but the rights of the press in general. It's a merely symbolic gesture anyway because the suit is bound to lose. There are rules that have been set by the Press Corps themselves, and they include the idea that each reporter gets one question, or announces a two-part question at the start.

As for Obama's treatment of the press ... https://sharylattkisson.com/2017/12/05/obama-era-surveillance-timeline/

Obama wiretapped reporters to find out who the "leakers" were. He prosecuted more "leakers" by far than any other President in American history -- and some of them occurred during serious wars.

Obama brought a new degree of thuggishness to American politics. We are seeing it i the Democrat Party of today. He introduced America to some African and Indonesian concepts of government, such as using the IRS to disarm his opposition. The corruption of Eric Holder -- who described himself as Obama's "wingman" -- set up the present scandal. Holder is the only AG who has been cited for contempt of Congress.

They were a bad bunch. It's just a tragedy of a deeper sort that the first black president of the United States was a Chicago-style bandit who left office under a cloud, and unseating Jimmy Carter as the worst President since Buchanan.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Fox filed an amicus brief but nobody knows what it says. It doesn't need to be in support of Acosta, but the rights of the press in general. It's a merely symbolic gesture anyway because the suit is bound to lose.

Round 1 to CNN/press in general.

Sorry your team lost.
"CNN Wins Court Order Restoring White House Reporter’s Access"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-16/cnn-wins-court-order-restoring-white-house-reporter-s-access
Quote:

There are rules that have been set by the Press Corps themselves, and they include the idea that each reporter gets one question, or announces a two-part question at the start.

Yea...no.

But a good attempt.

Quote:
The code of federal regulations that now guides the White House press pass process states that "In granting or denying a request for a security clearance made in response to an application for a White House press pass, officials of the Secret Service will be guided solely by the principle of whether the applicant presents a potential source of physical danger to the President and/or the family of the President so serious as to justify his or her exclusion from White House press privileges."
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it will be overturned. There is no doubt about the President's ability to set rules about decorum in the White House.

It is difficult for boneheads to distinguish between grandstanding and antagonizing the head of state and asking honest questions on behalf of their audiences. CNN has other reporters in the room, and can easily replace Acosta with someone like Tapper.

I don't see how this suit can have been heard, and even less do I see how it can win. It's something created for the headlines it will create. It's Acosta making himself the story, the number one no-no of professional journalists.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I wonder if it will be overturned.

Not so much overturned but perhaps after due process it gets Acosta out of the WH.
Quote:

There is no doubt about the President's ability to set rules about decorum in the White House.

I am not so sure he could even spell 'decorum' but then again, anything he does spell out he will most certainly ignore for himself.
Quote:

It is difficult for boneheads to distinguish between grandstanding and antagonizing the head of state and asking honest questions on behalf of their audiences. CNN has other reporters in the room, and can easily replace Acosta with someone like Tapper.

Acosta is good, and determined. Neither grandstanding nor antagonizing to anyone.

He is bothersome of course, the good ones always are.

Obama, Bush , none of them liked his questions. But only one of the three was too thin skinned to be able to take it.
Quote:

I don't see how this suit can have been heard, and even less do I see how it can win. It's something created for the headlines it will create. It's Acosta making himself the story, the number one no-no of professional journalists.

LOL!

More Infowars crying huh?
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funniest thing I have heard today?

Quote:
Acosta is good, and determined. Neither grandstanding nor antagonizing to anyone.

Amusing. I have to confess, I only see him on YouTube clips, where he is often making an arrogant ass of himself. He seems positively contemptuous of Sarah Sanders.
=================================================

Judge orders White House to reinstate CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press pass

Published: Nov 16, 2018 10:55 a.m. ET

A federal judge granted an emergency motion to restore the White House press credential of CNN correspondent Jim Acosta—a victory for the network in a closely watched press-freedom case.

The lawsuit could determine whether the government can ban individual reporters from public buildings.

District Judge Timothy Kelly, who was appointed to the bench by President Trump, granted CNN’s request for a restraining order temporarily restoring Acosta’s press access to the White House while the case proceeds.

Lawyers for Acosta, the network’s chief White House correspondent, argued that the unusual revocation of a reporter’s press pass by the White House last week necessitated emergency action.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/judge-orders-white-house-to-reinstate-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-press-pass-2018-11-16?mod=sm_fb_post
=================================================

It looks llike I was right. It's a temporary order pending settlement of the case.

It's a subtle difference that a bonehead might not notice if he's hot to get the goods on Trump. This is bound to lose.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: