Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: What's happened to our universities? Reply with quote

What has happened to our universities? Are they corrupt? Decadent? Just how bad are they? This is intended to expand people's awareness of what mischief -- and worse -- the Arts and Social Sciences parts of almost every university in the West is suffering these spasms to one degree or another.

I am hoping we can discuss this without getting into the gender issue. I would like you to spend a few minutes to review some of the evidence'. The problem is that the atmosphere of free inquiry that a university is supposed to engender has been -- at least as represented by this audio tape -- obliterated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YdFlKaJv4g&t=159s

This is the recording of the disciplinary hearing that was recently held at Wilfred Laurier University. The meeting lasted almost an hour. The first six or seven minutes gives you an taste. If you want to continue to listen, it gets more and more Orwellian (in my eyes) as the meeting drags on. I'd say Orwellian with a dash of Kafka as well.

The problem is they are trying to bulldoze a confident and strong young woman into complaince with their ideologies. The first question she is asked is if she comes from UofT, or if she has been a student of Jordan Peterson! She says no. She starts off explaining her use of the video in pedagogical terms, with some professionalism. The three professors bring up objections. She brushes them aside, using as justification free speech, free inquiry, and the role of the university. She had the high ground. They actually lie about Peterson, and disparage his scholarship. She even accepts that he might be as evil as they say, but she says it's on TV, it's a current issue, it ought to be something students can talk about in class!

Listen for yourself.

And there's the nub of it. They don't want Peterson to have any influence on the student's lives, and they feel that if his notions are exposed -- even if just as part of a debate -- his ideas are apt to 'infect' students.

Now let's turn attention to Jordan Peterson. He's a full professor at UofT, and a fringe public intellectual until recently. He took up the cudgels against the new pronoun law, and it mushroomed. He had success with that, but that doesn't explain is fast-growing popularity. He is the most articulate critic of post-modernism that has emerged and he is the Donald Trump of the intellectual world, as a result. I think he is widely respected, even as he is hated by the gender activists.

Back to the evidence. This is a video that a 4 or 5 minute bit was taken out of. The Agenda program in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasiov0ytEc

This is a long video, and is worth watching in its entirety. Nicholas Matte lays his position out from about minute 11 on the video. His claims are over in a minute or two.
Then come two transsexuals who you may want to skip, because the meat of the debate is joined about the 21 minute mark, where it reads from the Human Rights Code, and lasts until the 29th minute. After that point, the issue simmers between the other three panel members contributions.

The TAs selection was likely from between the 23rd and 29th minute.

I think the point here is -- things are a lot worse than people think. Ask yourself -- do you really want this kind of stuff happening at a university? I don't mean the gender stuff -- though I find that to be more about social engineering than improving the lives of the people who take up their differences. I mean, What has happened to our institutions of higher learning when this kind of medieval thinking is afoot?

Any reactions?
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This an example of what makes Jordan Peterson go viral on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XvI6Y5Yq8o

This is the direct challenge to post-modernism that the world has been waiting for for a decade or so. You could hardly be more hard-edged about it.

There are people who are 'sampling' this into music ... you can hardly overestimate the success this intellectual has achieved without compromising his principles.

Why would professors try to stifle this? Because they can't answer the challenge!
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another juicy tid-bit ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/22/style/his-eye-makeup-is-way-better-than-yours.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

All of this is being sponsored and encouraged in the educational system. It's a form of homosexual recruiting.
Toronto Centre

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Another juicy tid-bit ...

I know ! Wow, those kids have some wicked talent . Good to see them applying themselves to something they like and are good at.

Quote:

All of this is being sponsored and encouraged in the educational system. It's a form of homosexual recruiting.

Yet not a single mention of any school sponsorship nor encouragement.

Nice try though.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out whether this means you see the threat of the present Orwellian 'thing' that is corrupting our educational institutions ... or not.

Some people think that parents that allow this kind of thing to progress this far is a form of child abuse. It's too weird to be catered to. Other people simply avert their eyes and mutter to themselves Thank God that isn't my kid!

Where are they wrong, I wonder. Maybe they're missing something.
Toronto Centre

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I can't figure out whether this means you see the threat of the present Orwellian 'thing' that is corrupting our educational institutions ... or not.

There is no real threat anyway so no sense in getting ones knickers in a knot.
Our Uni's have issues as society changes but they are still good and in many cases excellent places for higher learning.
Quote:

Some people think that parents that allow this kind of thing to progress this far is a form of child abuse. It's too weird to be catered to. Other people simply avert their eyes and mutter to themselves Thank God that isn't my kid!

Of course 'some' do.

If one is dumb enough to equate what 'some' are doing with the broader population well then its a mug's game.

There always some old small town bigot ready to jump on anything perceived as different.

Quote:
Where are they wrong, I wonder. Maybe they're missing something.
...and then again maybe it isnt wrong (nothing to suggest it is of course) and there is nothing missing ?
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not see the 10-year-old boy whose makeup skills are as well developed as his mothers? If you think that's a good thing, you probably don't have kids. Any sane parent would understand.

Getting children involved with homosexual recruiting schemes is not what parents think of when they think of education.

But this is not supposed to be about gender issues. What about faculty doing their level best to prevent provocative and serious ideas from coming to the campus? What about the way our universities have deteriorated to this point, where its hard to see where the brainwashing stops and the educating begins?
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me lay out what we, as a society, seem to be confronting ... we understand gender issues are the cutting edge of a new sensibility, perhaps even new culture in the sense that the baby-boomers brought with them a new culture, quite radically different from what anyone intended at the beginning.

We are in the midst of a huge cultural change. That "boomer culture" is being supplanted as the boomers go over the horizon, into their well-padded golden years. This is where the 'con' in the welfare state begins to be exposed -- the government can't keep its financial promises. It's that simple.

Along side this, we have the 'implants' being made in the population, the planned social change that the state has outlined somewhere. They have set up an organizational structure that could be mobilized to nefarious purposes. In fact, it's hard to see what other motives there would be for building these webs of connections because they have created them behind the shield of something that seems benign -- Human Rights. What, after all, could be wrong with that?

Let me just draw some parallels. In the USSR, the party embedded itself in all parts of the economy, in a way kind of supervising the activity from outside, culling the managers to make sure to prevent certain attitudes from being expressed. This was apart from the KGB's forebearers operations. Party members were on administrative committees all through the ranks of the economy.

My claim is that we are constructing a parallel system in Canada, and in other nations of the world. In our case, students who will find work are inculcated into a set of false expectations that are made fact, almost on an experimental basis, within the educational system, and is supported by the pop culture which pours into our youths' ears through most of their leisure time.

Meanwhile, the Human Rights Commissions, with their Star Chamber-like tribunals sneer at the traditional common law rights of procedure, such as facing your accuser, cross-examing the evidence, and so on, don't apply. There is a de facto collaboration with the courts -- they have never overturned a Human Rights decision! -- it is actually a way to get around the limitations of the criminal code.

All this is a huge institution, bringing in social engineering on an unprecedented scale.

To me, the significance of this little kangaroo proceeding, is as a marker where it is it in the fall of 2017. This little bit of embarrassment won't stop them. No faculty will be disciplined. It will proceed until it is resisted politically and the structures that keep it going are taken apart or seriously reformed.

Otherwise, you have to think that this is just a random incident. It isn't. Lindsay Shepherd has said she didn't do it for personal reasons, it was to show what universities are like. Which raises the obvious question: was she triggering the real bigots? What I mean, did she show the video conscious of the likely consequences, hoping to get the recording she did?

The gentle reader can trust me when I say this is a major theme in the internet culture. Ms Shepherd would be familiar with all of this. That's what Milo Yianopolis and those people do -- they say something reasonably sensible but calculated to set off their opponents, who seem to irresistibly foam over with false indigation and feel superior, while providing internet footage for a rabid audience to take anything viral, particularly if it's extreme. At that point it can only be ignored with difficulty -- at least on the internet.

Think of hundreds of TCs, all pretending to feel moral outrage over Trump by stomping on someone wearing a MAGA hat. (What makes it unworkable is they give Hillary a pass.) The whole incident is video filmed. And, of course, posted on YouTube. I suspect that this is what happened here.

The important thing is not that it was triggered, but that it could be triggered. That means this is common enough that the student could lay a trap.

Keep ths in mind. Watch these Human Rights Commissions. You will see, I fear.

Jump to: